Print Thread
Hop To
Page 59 of 95 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 94 95
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Just because it's doctrine, that doesn't make it so.

You need to decide that for yourself.

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That's pretty basic Christian doctrine, and Biblically based.

Doctrine is a related term of indoctrinate.
Indoctrinate is a related term of doctrine.

As a verb indoctrinate is to teach with a biased , one-sided or uncritical ideology.

indoctrination — teaching someone to accept a set of beliefs without questioning them.

.. the question was obviously disingenuous.

really?.. By asking for your view/perspective
on Bible interpretation?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by antlers
Seems there are 3 main lines of thought/belief on the origin and development of human beings...

(1) human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God guided this process;

(2) human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God had no part in this process; and

(3) God created human beings pretty much in their current form in the last 6,000 years or so.

Good points.

It's easy to prove that (3) didn't happen. The final result between (1) and (2) is impossible to discern so either could have occurred and it's probably impossible to tell which it was.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
It's easy to prove that (3) didn't happen.
Agreed.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Prwlr

The problem is snakes don't have vocal chords, a Broca's organ to frame speech, or a cerebellum to think with. The story is a fairy tale.

The cerebellum is the organ which governs most of our movements, the cerebrum is the organ of conscious thought.

Right. but a snake don't got one of them either.

Telepathy folks.

Which part of the brain does one need to communicate with another being without using speech???

49 pages,

we're almost there.

I wonder what the conclusion will be?

This thread has "Risen." Glory Be!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven, against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness. Romans 1:18

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God has shown IT to them. Romans 1:19

For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are CLEARLY seen, being understood by the things that are made, EVEN the eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse. Romans 1:20

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God and neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Romans 1:21

Processing themselves to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:22

And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man. Romans 1:23

Everything is about the sovereign, almighty, living God and for His glory. That is the way He created it and intended it to be.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven, against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness. Romans 1:18

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God has shown IT to them. Romans 1:19

For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are CLEARLY seen, being understood by the things that are made, EVEN the eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse. Romans 1:20

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God and neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Romans 1:21

And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man. Romans 1:23

Everything is about the sovereign, almighty, living God and for His glory. That is the way He created it and intended it to be.

Please prove this.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Starman

really?.. By asking for your view/perspective
on Bible interpretation?

It was disingenuous because the answer was known to the inquirer, as the alternative would make for absurdity, and I assume he's not an idiot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Please prove this.

Don’t have to.

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, the just shall live by FAITH.
Romans 1:17

For by grace you have been saved through FAITH, and this is not your doing. It is the gift of God.
Ephesians 2:8

The ability to believe by faith is indeed a (free) gift and made possible by the grace and power of the Holy Spirit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Prwlr

The problem is snakes don't have vocal chords, a Broca's organ to frame speech, or a cerebellum to think with. The story is a fairy tale.

The cerebellum is the organ which governs most of our movements, the cerebrum is the organ of conscious thought.

Right. but a snake don't got one of them either.

Telepathy folks.

Which part of the brain does one need to communicate with another being without using speech???

49 pages,

we're almost there.

I wonder what the conclusion will be?

This thread has "Risen." Glory Be!

Well,
I talk to my dogs without using my mouth most every day.

At feeding time, they come into the dining area on the linoleum, hoping to speed things up perhaps?

I give them a stern look and, whoosh, back they go to plant their butts on the carpet behind the linoleum edge until released.

Just a look, no Broca's organ, vocal cords, lips, lungs etc used.

Kinda like mind melding.

Last edited by Valsdad; 07/07/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Please prove this.

Don’t have to.

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, the just shall live by FAITH.
Romans 1:17

For by grace you have been saved through FAITH, and this is not your doing. It is the gift of God.
Ephesians 2:8

The ability to believe by faith is indeed a (free) gift and made possible by the grace and power of the Holy Spirit.

And that's the crux of the argument - believers rely on faith but deny the proof of the non-believers.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

And that's the crux of the argument - believers rely on faith but deny the proof of the non-believers.

I'm a believer. Which scientific proofs do I deny?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antlers
Seems there are 3 main lines of thought/belief on the origin and development of human beings...

(1) human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God guided this process;

(2) human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God had no part in this process; and

(3) God created human beings pretty much in their current form in the last 6,000 years or so.

Good points.

It's easy to prove that (3) didn't happen. The final result between (1) and (2) is impossible to discern so either could have occurred and it's probably impossible to tell which it was.

I don.t believe that (3) happened, but I don't believe that anyone can prove that (3) didn't happened. Not easy to prove at all.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Indoctrinated Christians live in fear of burning
in a hell invented by zealot christians.

The O.T. has no such eternal hell furnace for
sinners, so maybe christians can tell CF readers when this firey hell first started operating.

I'm a believer.

You told us you believe that anyone who goes
to church has faith.

as if just keeping up appearances equates to
actual real deal Faith.

are you really that naive and superficial?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Indoctrinated Christians live in fear of burning
in a hell invented by zealot christians.

The O.T. has no such eternal hell furnace for
sinners, so maybe christians can tell CF readers when this firey hell first started operating.

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt." - Daniel 12:2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You told us you believe that anyone who goes
to church has faith.

as if just keeping up appearances equates to
actual real deal Faith.

are you really that naive and superficial?

Lots of folks in Church are there for appearances only, or because it's a family tradition. I think you are misinterpreting or overstating something I've said in the past.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I don’t believe that (3) happened, but I don't believe that anyone can prove that (3) didn't happen. Not easy to prove at all.
Many fossils of anatomically modern humans that are 200,000 years old say otherwise.

The Biblical creation story has the earth and man both being created just days apart. A 4.5 billion year old earth says otherwise as well.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt." - Daniel 12:2

I see no mention of an eternal firey torture
for mere mortal transgressors.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I see no mention of an eternal firey torture
for mere mortal transgressors.

I know you don't see it. If someone rose from the dead and explained it to you, you wouldn't see it either.

PS The New Testament is a higher level of revelation than was the Old Testament. What was vague in the Old is made clear in the New.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll take my, "chances" with My/Our Lord Jesus, His Bell rings so true.

We are Blessed to worship today. The early Christians had to meet underground in catacombs, and live in fear of being fed to lions for sport.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 59 of 95 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,450 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,152
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.