Print Thread
Hop To
Page 63 of 95 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 94 95
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Bowzer, you still have to wear that helmet?

[Linked Image from reactiongifs.com]

And you think this picture is somehow funny?
I went to Joel and Amy's wedding a few years ago. Rode my bike and bought a suit after I got there.
Amy is a nurse in a handicapped facility. I would really like for you to explain to Joel just how funny your picture really is.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There used to be a member here that would post a cartoon of someone beating a dead horse. This horse has been beaten beyond recognition. It might be best for the theists here to pray for the salvation of the atheists and the atheists can just give up. Neither side is making an inch of headway.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Bowzer, you still have to wear that helmet?

[Linked Image from reactiongifs.com]

And you think this picture is somehow funny?
I went to Joel and Amy's wedding a few years ago. Rode my bike and bought a suit after I got there.
Amy is a nurse in a handicapped facility. I would really like for you to explain to Joel just how funny your picture really is.

I'm not making fun of your condition. I'm wondering if you still need the helmet, is all. Just showing interest.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Hastings
... It might be best for the theists here to pray for the salvation of the atheists and the atheists can just give up. Neither side is making an inch of headway.

Maybe we should do this the other way around. The theists start 95% or more of these "discussions". They are the ones that need to give up. They have not converted a single person to their agenda.

Let the atheists do the praying. The omniscient and all-knowing God already knows about the hopelessness of the theists, so praying is just redundant anyway, but they could use practice just keep busy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spirited discussions can be a good thing.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Starman
[quote=RayF]Can you positively verify Constatine became a real deal christian?

Did he really have the Holy Spirit?
and HTF would you actually know?

Ah. Now documented history doesn’t matter. To answer your question directly and honestly, I don’t know what the man felt.

its not unusual for christians to steal pagan
myths, legends and celebrations and make
them their own to promote their agenda -

Easy,.. just tweak the 310 AD story a bit
cut out Apollo and paste in Chi - Rho.

The book of Daniel was carbon dated 150 to 30 BC. No idea what you’re talking about here. How about reciprocating some direct and honest answers. Have the fossils of the missing link(s) been found? Must’ve asked a have dozen times. All I get is redirection and insults. Funny how this is common on the evolution side of this discussion.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leroy Beans

Maybe we should do this the other way around. The theists start 95% or more of these "discussions". They are the ones that need to give up. They have not converted a single person to their agenda..

Some feel it's their life mission to be God botherers.

They start with little or no rational case
to debate, then desperation soon sets in
and they revert to fear and superstition
and threats (believe 'or else') burn in Hell..
..then that last desperate throw of the dice
while cowering in the Foxhole of faith.-
'demonising' those who dare question.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Hastings
... It might be best for the theists here to pray for the salvation of the atheists and the atheists can just give up. Neither side is making an inch of headway.

Maybe we should do this the other way around. The theists start 95% or more of these "discussions". They are the ones that need to give up. They have not converted a single person to their agenda.

Exactly right - just look at who and how this thread started.

I don't think the intention is about conversion, but I can't speak for what's in the head of others. I like the debate - good logical minds with knowledge on both sides, and I mean the non-believers having a good knowledge of the history and details of faith.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RayF
[quote=RayF]Can you positively verify Constatine became a real deal christian?

Did he really have the Holy Spirit?
and HTF would you actually know?

Ah. Now documented history doesn’t matter. To answer your question directly and honestly, I don’t know what the man felt.

its not unusual for christians to steal pagan
myths, legends and celebrations and make
them their own to promote their agenda -

Easy,.. just tweak the 310 AD story a bit
cut out Apollo and paste in Chi - Rho.

The book of Daniel was carbon dated 150 to 30 BC. No idea what you’re talking about here. How about reciprocating some direct and honest answers. Have the fossils of the missing link(s) been found? Must’ve asked a have dozen times. All I get is redirection and insults. Funny how this is common on the evolution side of this discussion.

Amen.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Starman and DBT, you are both quite likely demon possessed. It really comes across. Pray for deliverance from this.

No such thing. That kind of thinking is straight out of the dark ages. Witch burning.

And it still remains that if genesis is not taken literally, a literal creation, a literal fall, there is no need for redemption, a redeemer or the sacrifice of Jesus. It all falls apart.

As for Judaism being 'demonic' - the old testament is Judaism, which is why it's not compatible with the new testament.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep. No intent here on conversion. If the Evolutionists would have taken the time to listen to the video, they would have been familiarized with several different theories of evolution.

The simple question was for the evolutionists to see and explain which one of the several they believed in.

The Creationists simply explained the shortcomings of those theories presented.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
And it still remains that if genesis is not taken literally, a literal creation, a literal fall, there is no need for redemption, a redeemer or the sacrifice of Jesus. It all falls apart.
lmao

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
When you get right down to it, every individual is a denomination unto themselves.

There's a lot of truth in that.

But if no two people understand god in the same way, does anyone really understand him at all?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Northman
The Bible has been taught as literal for nearly 2000 years... talk against it and you risked your life.

Until science proved most of it was false... then it became allegorical and non-literal and suddenly all followers could be interpret it in any way they liked.

When there are dozens and dozens of Denominations that can't even decide which Christianity each should belive in.... Its called Faith.

Science proves things.

"But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

- 2 Peter 3:8

This isn't meant to be taken literally, such as 1 day equals 1,000 years. It means only that our reckoning of time and God's are quite distinct.

“For as Adam was told that in the day he ate of the tree he would die, we know that he did not complete a thousand years [Gen. 5:5]. We have perceived, moreover, that the expression ‘The day of the Lord is a thousand years’ [Ps. 90:4] is connected with this subject.”

- Justin Martyr 155 AD

“And how could creation take place in time, seeing time was born along with things which exist? . . . That, then, we may be taught that the world was originated and not suppose that God made it in time, prophecy adds: ‘This is the book of the generation, also of the things in them, when they were created in the day that God made heaven and earth’ [Gen. 2:4]. For the expression ‘when they were created’ intimates an indefinite and dateless production.”

- Clement of Alexandria 208 AD

“For who that has understanding will suppose that the first and second and third day existed without a sun and moon and stars and that the first day was, as it were, also without a sky? . . . I do not suppose that anyone doubts that these things figuratively indicate certain mysteries, the history having taken place in appearance and not literally.”

- Origen of Alexandria - 248 AD

"In discussing questions of this kind, two rules are to be observed, as Augustine teaches (Gen. ad lit. i, 18). The first is to hold the truth of Scripture without wavering. The second is that, since Holy Scripture can be explained in a multiplicity of senses, one should adhere to a particular explanation only in such measure as to be ready to abandon it if it be proved with certainty to be false; lest Holy Scripture be exposed to the ridicule of unbelievers, and obstacles be placed to their believing."

- Summa Theologica 1274 AD

Mornings and evenings are specified in genesis, a morning and an evening defines a literal day, not a thousand years, epochs or anything else. They are days.

But of course magical creation of the world in six literal days is absurd, therefore inconvenient, hence the attempts to make it allegorical.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
When you get right down to it, every individual is a denomination unto themselves.

But if no two people understand god in the same way, does anyone really understand him at all?

At least the consensus is that god is male.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Exactly right - just look at who and how this thread started.I don't think the intention is about conversion, but I can't speak for what's in the head of others. I like the debate - good logical minds with knowledge on both sides, and I mean the non-believers having a good knowledge of the history and details of faith.
I must admit I enjoy the discussion also. I am not atheist but there are some that post here that are plenty smart and pretty well read and will have you checking your hole card.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about reciprocating some direct and honest answers..

Are you actually honest?

You outright claimed Constantine had converted
and helped fix the feuding mess of christians
as a christian himself...

Then when questioned on your claim
we find out you don't really know if he
was a christian... You just MADE up
a narrative out of sheer convenience.

Thus, How much of the whole christian narrative
is made up?

Reverting to desperate and convenient
measures is common amongst Christians.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I can only speak for myself. To me, Jesus is the expression of God’s nature towards us, and Jesus is the expression of God’s love towards us. If I want to know about God...and all that that entails...to me, the best way to do that is to learn of and from Jesus. The best I can.
I do think you can both wrestle with honest questions and embrace a genuine faith in God.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you actually honest?

You outright claimed Constantine had converted
and helped fix the feuding mess of christians
as a christian himself...

Then when questioned on your claim
we find out you don't really know if he
was a christian... You just MADE up
a narrative out of sheer convenience.

Thus, How much of the whole christian narrative
is made up?

LOL.....so that’s a second “No. The missing link(s) hasn’t/haven’t been found” followed by deflection and attack on character.

Thanks.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
deflection and attack on character.

You fabricated a narrative on Constantine
and someone bringing that to light you
then consider as an attack on your
'Christian' character.... 😂

When the huff- puff smoke and mirrors
dont work, christians don't have anything
remaining but claiming ~victim status.

Christian frauds, you can get 13 to the dozen
for a lousy dime.

Page 63 of 95 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,152
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.