Hop To
Page 69 of 95 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 94 95
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Well...I just tuned in, without reading the thread of course...

Cause I didnt know there were six theories of evolution.....

I must be out of the loop......I only ever read Darwin's theory....

Well, thats what the video was for. I doubt the thread would be much help. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB4

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We have some hard hearts here

How do you feel about people of other faiths? Hindus, Muslims? Are they right because they have faith? Are their hearts hardened to the truth? Who has the truth?

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by jaguartx
According to science, we should be reverting, over the ages, back to the original first humans.

we are

using technology of the cell phone is not the same as knowing how the chip works.

Yep, we are...dysgenics is absolutely rampant, and the gene pool is severely diluted.

I am not dyslexic, much. smile

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
DBT, you know what I think.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DBT

How do you feel about people of other faiths? Hindus, Muslims? Are they right because they have faith? Are their hearts hardened to the truth? Who has the truth?

Simple answer...none of them.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
I'll try to quote, Ben Stein, "Science brought us the Holocaust."

Another quote, :God is love".

Neither is true.

So says lying you.

That didn't take long. The holocaust happened for many reasons, science being the least of them.

And 'God is love' is clearly contradicted in the OT.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Well...I just tuned in, without reading the thread of course...

Cause I didnt know there were six theories of evolution.....

I must be out of the loop......I only ever read Darwin's theory....

Well, thats what the video was for. I doubt the thread would be much help. wink

But you missed some intellectual dissertations, imaginations and condemnations.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s easy to tell the difference between a hard heart, and someone who is clearly threatened or bothered by what others believe. We have both here...but MUCH more of one than the other.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
DBT, you know what I think.

Sure, you are a nice guy. Why put yourself through this? If it harms no one, you have the right believe, nobody needs to question your faith.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
HE loved us enough to sacrifice HIS son -the way, the truth and the life, JESUS CHRIST. HE gave all the way to obtain the greatest gift of all, everlasting life, if one would not reject it.

People choose the flesh and reject HIM. HE doesnt reject you. HE doesnt hate you. HE hates the sin men do. Like, if your older son accidently shoots your younger son, you would hate that occurance, but not your remaining son, if you were as HE.

You are the one who puts your name in the Great White Throne judgement or in the Book of Life, not HE.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/09/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
This must be the umpteenth time I've posted this.[Linked Image from weeklywisdomblog.files.wordpress.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by DBT

Evolution is both fact and theory for the given reasons. Reasons and evidence that have been provided numerous times, only to be ignored.

Preferring faith to reason and evidence, you refuse to accept the truth.

It was you who said it wasn't a theory, which shows you don't know what the word means.

I said that evolution is both fact and theory.

No, that's what I said. You said evolution is a fact, and that only the theories about the mechanism were theories. That's incorrect.

PS I'm happy for you to correct yourself now, but don't pretend you didn't say what I said you did. It's on the record right here in this thread.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT

Why put yourself through this?.

He hovers around an Evolution thread
because he is on his life mission to be
A God botherer.

Wabi is a childish intolerant brand of christian
that relies heavily on the CF ignore feature.

ALL other gods are false to him. Even though
he can't verify such. and has an obsession
with constantly reminding people of his faith.

He's a lot like baaahing sheep.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Evolution is both fact and theory for the given reasons. Reasons and evidence that have been provided numerous times, only to be ignored.

It was you who said it wasn't a theory, which shows you don't know what the word means.

No, that's what I said. You said evolution is a fact, and that only the theories about the mechanism were theories. That's incorrect.

PS I'm happy for you to correct yourself now, but don't pretend you didn't say what I said you did. It's on the record right here in this thread.

I thought that you were just a protagonist but I think you genuinely don't understand, either though inability or "pre-conditioning" and self defence.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Hahaha. For sure there is that.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT

Why put yourself through this?.

He hovers around an Evolution thread
because he is on his life mission to be
A God botherer.

Wabi is a childish intolerant brand of christian
that relies heavily on the CF ignore feature.

ALL other gods are false to him. Even though
he can't verify such. and has an obsession
with constantly reminding people of his faith.

He's a lot like baaahing sheep.

This post makes me smile!

Prolly makes Mr Wabigoon smile as well.

See John 15:18.....!

Btw, there are others verses similar to this....

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

No, I have repeatedly said that evolution is a fact and that we form theories to explain the means of evolution. Don't presume to tell me what I said or mean.

Again:

Three Pieces of Evidence That Prove Evolution is a Fact.

Common Traits. Common Ancestor.

Think about your family. You and your closest relatives look more alike than you and your cousins. Likewise, you look more like your cousins than you do more distant relatives, and more like distant relatives that people on the other side of the globe. The closer you are related, by-and-large, the more similarities you share. Of course, these similarities extend well beyond the surface level, reaching into our genetics.

This patterning, like in your family, extends throughout all life on Earth. The patterning of the similarities speaks volumes. In evolution, these “similarities” are known as “synapomorphies.” They are characteristics that are present in ancestral species and are shared exclusively (in more or less modified form) by this species evolutionary descendants. Synapomorphies come in nested hierarchies that are related to the variety and intensity of the similarities.

Why is this the case? The similarities have been inherited from common ancestors, and the further back in time any two species shared a common ancestor, the more faded and distant the similarities become. It is important to note that, species with a large number of similarities tend to live near each other—penguin species only live in the Southern Hemisphere, marsupials live almost exclusively in Australia, cacti almost exclusively in the Americas, lemurs in Madagascar, etc. If evolution was not true, this geographic patterning would make absolutely no sense. Furthermore, these similarities often seem to be completely arbitrary, rather than having some selective advantage.

Insects, though unbelievably diverse, have 6 legs. There are likely several hundred thousand insect species and they all have pretty much the same body plan. Coincidence? I think not! (source)
Insects, though unbelievably diverse, have 6 legs. There are likely several hundred thousand insect species and they all have pretty much the same body plan.

One of the most important discoveries that lead to Darwin’s Theory of Evolution was extinct animals found as fossils. Early paleontologists, like Charles Lyell and George Cuvier, noticed a very simple fact: Species that lived in the past are very often drastically, wildly different from anything alive today. Trilobites, dinosaurs, giant sloths, baculites, etc., they all suggest that life on Earth has changed quite a bit.

That would be interesting enough on its own. What makes it more interesting is that, the further back one goes, the more different the species appear when compared to today’s species. These overarching trends can also be seen on the individual level, as lineages can be seen changing over time.

How do we know, though, that fossil progressions don’t just represent separate, unrelated species? First, they have similarities that suggest they are related (see above reasoning concerning similarities between species). Secondly, they represent a trend, also known as a progression of change. For instance, over time, the species go from low expression of a certain trait to intermediate expression to high expression. Like the evolution of legs, for example. In fact, since we are on the topic, there is no missing link in evolution.

Lastly, the fossils are dated and organized by direct means (like radiometric dating) or indirect means (like relative dating using unique marker layers, fossils, or other techniques).

Fossils aren’t the only way that we can see species changing. We can see it in a laboratory, across geographic distribution as a species spreads, or through artificial selection performed by humans.

Turn over a manufactured product today, and you are likely to see a small sticker or tag that says what country it was made in. Like those tags, species bear the marks of where they came from. These signs of origin might come in the form of repurposed traits, traits that hurt a species chances of surviving or reproducing. Put simply, species are flawed, and it’s these flaws that clearly tell of their natural origin.

Examples:
If you didn't know any better, you might think this was a flattened elephant foot. Well, that's not far from the truth since manatees are closely related to elephants. This West Indian manatee (Trichechus manatus) has fingernails on their flippers and hair on their body (visible in this photo). (source)
If you didn’t know any better, you might think this was a flattened elephant foot. Well, that’s not far from the truth since manatees are closely related to elephants. The West Indian manatee (Trichechus manatus) has fingernails on its flippers and hair on its body (visible in this photo).
(Image source: Fritz Geller-Grimm)

Other non-human mammals can produce Vitamin C. They don't need it from their diet. Humans, on the other hand, have had ancestors that have been eating fruit for so long (which is high in vitamin C) that our vitamin C genes is long ago mutated. We do, however, still possess its remnant in pseudogene form. (source)
Other non-human mammals can produce Vitamin C. They don’t need it from their diet. Humans, on the other hand, have had ancestors that have been eating fruit for so long (which is high in vitamin C) that our vitamin C genes long ago mutated. We do, however, still possess its remnant in pseudogene form. (source)

What’s so powerful about learning these three basic facts about evolution is that you now have the ability to look at any species and ask yourself these questions:

Does this species share similarities with other species that might suggest that they are closely related?
Are there progressions of change for this species that we can see in the fossil record, recorded history, or across geography?
Does this species have any traits that are the remnants of past generations?

Those three simple questions can, if you let them, transform the way you look at the biological realm around you. Go ahead. Ask away. Biology will never look the same.''

fact
/fakt/

''something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information:''

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I thought that you were just a protagonist but I think you genuinely don't understand, either though inability or "pre-conditioning" and self defence.

It's astonishing.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Ringman
Science is not based on consensus.
lol

Nobody said it was.

Science is based on observation and repeatability.
And the general agreement...overwhelmingly...in science, based on observation and repeatability, supports evolution.

Evolution is zero threat to the faith of SO many Jesus followers; why does it appear to be such a threat to your faith...?

It’s a common misinterpretation of evolution to think that humans were lineally descended from existing species of apes. Some people think that a fossil ape-man or man-ape seems necessary in order to ‘prove’ evolution. Today it is widely recognized that the relationship of modern humans to the present species of apes is through common ancestors ‘rather’ than through direct descent.
I heard an evolutionist in lecture say something like, "If we could find the common ancestor of man and ape it would look like an ape."
That’s contrary to the scientific consensus.

You implied it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Science is based on observation and repeatability.

And the general agreement...overwhelmingly...in science, based on observation and repeatability, supports evolution. [/quote]

You are using your brainwashing. Show me the documentation of evolution being observed and repeated, please. I have heard in the past
it was too fast and in the present it is too slow.

Evolution is zero threat to the faith of SO many Jesus followers; why does it appear to be such a threat to your faith...?

I am convinced as much as a person can be convinced recent creation is a fact. I don't feel the least bit threatened by ANY scientific fact.
You cannot explain the super abundance of helium atoms in the crust of the earth while creationists can. You cannot explain the lack of
chemical in the ocean, creationists can. You cannot explain the retrograde rotation of some of the planets and moons, creationists can.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 69 of 95 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,219
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.