Print Thread
Hop To
Page 70 of 95 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 94 95
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DBT
No, I have repeatedly said that evolution is a fact and that we form theories to explain the means of evolution.

Again, incorrect formulation. What you're saying above is that evolution itself isn't a theory. It is a theory, however, (scientifically speaking) since were it false, disproving it would be a simple matter, i.e., it has the characteristic of being falsifiable, which distinguishes it from a proposition that, for example, vampires exist, but can become invisible at will. The latter is non-falsifiable, so cannot be a scientific theory.

Have you never studied scientific theory??

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TF49

This post makes me smile!

See John 15:18.....!

Point out the 'hate' you allege in my post.

For what I posted about Wabi is true
and nothing hurts more than the truth.
But we know you fragile feelings christians
got to stick together.... like sheep.

Get a grip and Try the logical real world
for a change over delusional mythical
emotional state beliefs.

Hmm let me guess, all your pre-programmed
mind can see is more 'hate' in my words...

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
You implied it.
lol

No. Not at all.

I said...
Originally Posted by antlers
It’s a common misinterpretation of evolution to think that humans were lineally descended from existing species of apes. Some people think that a fossil ape-man or man-ape seems necessary in order to ‘prove’ evolution. Today it is widely recognized that the relationship of modern humans to the present species of apes is through common ancestors ‘rather’ than through direct descent.
And you said...
I heard an evolutionist in lecture say something like, "If we could find the common ancestor of man and ape it would look like an ape."
Then I responded...
That’s contrary to the scientific consensus.
In other words, what you claimed to hear an evolutionist say in a lecture is ‘not’ in general agreement with the huge body of knowledge held by science regarding evolution.

Clear as day. No ‘implication’ at all.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like jaguartx said above. You certainly did. It's recorded.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I think you got this wrong - jag was endorsing what TRH said about DBT's response. Try and keep up smile

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx

So, the first human born from a [bleep
couldnt interbreed with its sibling of the opposite sex? I suppose it was just good luck another such human of the same genetic mutation but of the opposite sex was dropped by a monkey in an adjoining tree. Then they grew up bossom buds and made whoopi. From there we were off to the proverbial races, as different as they would soom prove to be.

Now, tell me how the Bell Curve doesnt really pass scientic muster. As i expected, so much for your love of science.

Of coure they could interbreed. The genetic difference was not enough to preclude that. Please go back to high school before expounding on things of which you are ignorant.

As for the bell curve, wehat does that have to do with anything? I don't understand why the Gaussian distribution would not pass scientific muster in many areas.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
According to science, we should be reverting, over the ages, back to the original first humans.

Why would any fool think science teaches any such thing?

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
I thought science proved that as time progressed, things became less specialized.

Jag, you're just dumb. Science proved no such thing.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman

This post makes me smile!

See John 15:18.....!

Point out the 'hate' you allege in my post.

For what I posted about Wabi is true
and nothing hurts more than the truth.
But we know you fragile feelings christians
got to stick together.... like sheep.

Get a grip and Try the logical real world
for a change over delusional mythical
emotional state beliefs.

Hmm let me guess, all your pre-programmed
mind can see is more 'hate' in my words... 😂

Hmm... You seem to get “exercised” pretty easily.

But, I’m glad you looked up John 15:18-19

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We have some hard hearts here
It’s easy to tell the difference between a hard heart, and someone who is clearly threatened or bothered by what others believe. We have both here...but MUCH more of one than the other.

Rather than what someone believes, isn't the issue about working out what is true and factual regardless of what anyone happens to believe?

Last edited by DBT; 07/09/20.
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I

You cannot explain the super abundance of helium atoms in the crust of the earth while creationists can. You cannot explain the lack of
chemical in the ocean, creationists can. You cannot explain the retrograde rotation of some of the planets and moons, creationists can.

Oh gimme a break, Ringman. You're smarter than that. Helium atoms are here because the solar nebula, that condensed into the sun and planets, was mostly hydrogen and helium. There is NO superabundance, BTW. Because helium is (a) light, (b) chemically inert, and (c) the earth's gravity is relatively weak, most helium has long since escaped. What lack of chemicals in the ocean? Retrograde motion? Kepler explained it about 1600.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Show me what is recorded. Back your claim.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So you can't verify any hate in my post.
No worries, I fully understand that
simply imagining things to suit yourself
is good enough for christians.

Another christian who can't back his claims
.. Nothing new here .. 😂

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman

So you can't verify any hate in my post.
No worries, I fully understand that
imagining things to suit yourself
is good enough for christians.

You strain at a gnat and miss the camel...... can't be helped.

Oh well...here's another one: In Matthew 5

"11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way."

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We have some hard hearts here
It’s easy to tell the difference between a hard heart, and someone who is clearly threatened or bothered by what others believe. We have both here...but MUCH more of one than the other.

Rather than what someone believes, isn't the issue about what is true and factual regardless of what anyone happens to believe?

Yes.

It is also true and factual that God is a God of Justice and purity. No sin will be allowed to abide with Him in Heaven.

Choose what you believe .... Choose wisely. That belief is a matter of choice as we have discussed in the past.

Edit to add: Been fun but I gotta go.... y'all play nice!

Last edited by TF49; 07/09/20.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oh well...here's another one: In Matthew 5

"11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way."

Quote all the scripture you want
But Fact remains...

You still haven't verified any HATE in my post.

All that make believe in your mind is not
evidence or better still proof... so far it's
mere fantasy nothing more..

Subjective mind fantasy is of no real value.
You accused someone of hating, but cant
rationally back your claim.

I will chalk it up as another Christian with
another FAIL.

[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Show me the documentation of evolution being observed and repeated, please.
This very thread is chock full of references that do just that...and you deny it all. Every single evolution thread on this board is chock full of references that do just that...and you deny it all. One hundred and fifty years of the scientific record is chock full of evidence that does just that...and you deny it all. The internet is loaded with TONS of information that does just that...and you deny it all.
I am convinced as much as a person can be convinced recent creation is a fact.
Yes, we know...despite ALL of the scientific evidence mentioned above to the contrary.
I don't feel the least bit threatened by ANY scientific fact.
Your words and tactics over the years say otherwise, clearly. But that’s OK. Believe what you choose to believe. I’m cool with what you choose to believe...but there’s zero reciprocity on your end, and I find that telling.
You cannot explain the super abundance of helium atoms in the crust of the earth while creationists can.
lol
Based upon ‘research’ sponsored by the Institute for Creation Research, the Creation Research Society, and Answers in Genesis.
http://apps.usd.edu/esci/creation/age/content/creationist_clocks/helium.html
You cannot explain the lack of
chemical in the ocean, creationists can.
lol
Based upon the claim of one creationist - Dr. D. Russel Humphreys, a physicist at the Institute for Creation Research. He argues that the timeline proposed in the Book of Genesis is more realistic than the geological timeline accepted by most scientists. lol some more
http://apps.usd.edu/esci/creation/age/content/creationist_clocks/ocean_floor_sediment.html
You cannot explain the retrograde rotation of some of the planets and moons, creationists can.
lol
Arrived at by Walter T. Brown, a young earth creationist who is the director of his own ministry called the Center for Scientific Creation, who also does his own ‘research’.
https://chem.tufts.edu/science/FrankSteiger/questions.htm

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you got this wrong - jag was endorsing what TRH said about DBT's response. Try and keep up.
laffin’

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Show me what is recorded. Back your claim.
He can’t. At all. Because it’s not there.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Show me the documentation of evolution being observed and repeated, please.
This very thread is chock full of references that do just that...and you deny it all. Every single evolution thread on this board is chock full of references that do just that...and you deny it all. One hundred and fifty years of the scientific record is chock full of evidence that does just that...and you deny it all. The internet is loaded with TONS of information that does just that...and you deny it all.
I am convinced as much as a person can be convinced recent creation is a fact.
Yes, we know...despite ALL of the scientific evidence mentioned above to the contrary.
I don't feel the least bit threatened by ANY scientific fact.
Your words and tactics over the years say otherwise, clearly. But that’s OK. Believe what you choose to believe. I’m cool with what you choose to believe...but there’s zero reciprocity on your end, and I find that telling.
You cannot explain the super abundance of helium atoms in the crust of the earth while creationists can.
lol
Based upon ‘research’ sponsored by the Institute for Creation Research, the Creation Research Society, and Answers in Genesis.
http://apps.usd.edu/esci/creation/age/content/creationist_clocks/helium.html
You cannot explain the lack of
chemical in the ocean, creationists can.
lol
Based upon the claim of one creationist - Dr. D. Russel Humphreys, a physicist at the Institute for Creation Research. He argues that the timeline proposed in the Book of Genesis is more realistic than the geological timeline accepted by most scientists. lol some more
http://apps.usd.edu/esci/creation/age/content/creationist_clocks/ocean_floor_sediment.html
You cannot explain the retrograde rotation of some of the planets and moons, creationists can.
lol
Arrived at by Walter T. Brown, a young earth creationist who is the director of his own ministry called the Center for Scientific Creation, who also does his own ‘research’.
https://chem.tufts.edu/science/FrankSteiger/questions.htm

Walter T. Brown? A quackdoodle. No scientific method. No degrees in science. A quackdoodle.

Page 70 of 95 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,949
Posts18,480,378
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.