J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Ringman
Show me the documentation of evolution being observed and repeated, please.
This very thread is chock full of references that do just that...and you deny it all. Every single evolution thread on this board is chock full of references that do just that...and you deny it all. One hundred and fifty years of the scientific record is chock full of evidence that does just that...and you deny it all. The internet is loaded with TONS of information that does just that...and you deny it all.
I am convinced as much as a person can be convinced recent creation is a fact.
Yes, we know...despite ALL of the scientific evidence mentioned above to the contrary.
I don't feel the least bit threatened by ANY scientific fact.
Your words and tactics over the years say otherwise, clearly. But that’s OK. Believe what you choose to believe. I’m cool with what you choose to believe...but there’s zero reciprocity on your end, and I find that telling.
You cannot explain the super abundance of helium atoms in the crust of the earth while creationists can.
lol
Based upon ‘research’ sponsored by the Institute for Creation Research, the Creation Research Society, and Answers in Genesis.
http://apps.usd.edu/esci/creation/age/content/creationist_clocks/helium.html
You cannot explain the lack of
chemical in the ocean, creationists can.
lol
Based upon the claim of one creationist - Dr. D. Russel Humphreys, a physicist at the Institute for Creation Research. He argues that the timeline proposed in the Book of Genesis is more realistic than the geological timeline accepted by most scientists. lol some more
http://apps.usd.edu/esci/creation/age/content/creationist_clocks/ocean_floor_sediment.html
You cannot explain the retrograde rotation of some of the planets and moons, creationists can.
lol
Arrived at by Walter T. Brown, a young earth creationist who is the director of his own ministry called the Center for Scientific Creation, who also does his own ‘research’.
https://chem.tufts.edu/science/FrankSteiger/questions.htm

Walter T. Brown? A quackdoodle. No scientific method. No degrees in science. A quackdoodle.

Kind of like what they said about JESUS CHRIST, huh?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Like jaguartx said above. You certainly did. It's recorded.

I think you got this wrong - jag was endorsing what TRH said about DBT's response. Try and keep up smile

Sorry, buddy, he was responding to something I posted.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The tactic of these ‘young earth, Ph.D. scientists’ that Ringman is always touting is clear...ask questions for which there may be no answers in order to attack evolution by discrediting science. The basic premise is that if ‘any’ information is unknown, then what ‘is’ known is incorrect. It’s dishonest and disingenuous to the Nth degree.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

You cannot explain the super abundance of helium atoms in the crust of the earth while creationists can. You cannot explain the lack of
chemical in the ocean, creationists can. You cannot explain the retrograde rotation of some of the planets and moons, creationists can.

Oh gimme a break, Ringman. You're smarter than that. Helium atoms are here because the solar nebula, that condensed into the sun and planets, was mostly hydrogen and helium. There is NO superabundance, BTW. Because helium is (a) light, (b) chemically inert, and (c) the earth's gravity is relatively weak, most helium has long since escaped. What lack of chemicals in the ocean? Retrograde motion? Kepler explained it about 1600.

I figured you would know what you are talking about. And you don't. I see you didn't address the ocean.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The tactic of these ‘young earth, Ph.D. scientists’ that Ringman is always touting is clear...ask questions for which there may be no answers in order to attack evolution by discrediting science. The basic premise is that if ‘any’ information is unknown, then what ‘is’ known is incorrect. It’s dishonest and disingenuous to the Nth degree.

So all you have to do to convert them to evolution is prove their studies wrong. Some of their information is why Ph.D. evolutionists become creationists and the reverse never happens.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So all you have to do to convert them to evolution is prove their studies wrong. Some of their information is why Ph.D. evolutionists become creationists and the reverse never happens.

It's been done. The claims are biased and cater to a market: those who believe in special creation and young earth cosmology despite all evidence to the contrary. The bible does of course describe young earth creationism and cosmology.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol
The fact that their “studies” are blatantly dishonest and disingenuous to the Nth degree doesn’t even matter to you. That’s very telling Ringman. I’m not out to “convert” anyone “to evolution”. Believe what you choose...fine by me...even if it’s based on blatanty fraudulent and deceitful information (which it is). But using dishonesty and disingenuousness, and fraud and deceit to support a ‘Christian’ perspective (to some) goes against the grain of Jesus’ teachings more than a little bit...!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Not true:

Dr. Darrel Ray

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]

..... Or

[Linked Image from media1.giphy.com]

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol
The fact that their “studies” are blatantly dishonest and disingenuous to the Nth degree doesn’t even matter to you. That’s very telling Ringman. I’m not out to “convert” anyone “to evolution”. Believe what you choose...fine by me...even if it’s based on blatanty fraudulent and deceitful information (which it is). But using dishonesty and disingenuousness, and fraud and deceit to support a ‘Christian’ perspective (to some) goes against the grain of Jesus’ teachings more than a little bit...!

How many of their studies have you actually reviewed? I think you are regurgitating what others have said. Let's take the helium study for example. Tell us where the errors are.
While you're at it let us know why there is carbon 14 in EVERY coal sample, gas sample, diamond, and anything else with an organic history.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's an interesting quote from Stephen Jay Gould.
“The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology.
The evolutionary trees that adorn our textbooks have data only at the tips and nodes of their branches;
the rest is inference, however reasonable, not the evidence of fossils.”

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many of their studies have you actually reviewed? I think you are regurgitating what others have said. Let's take the helium study for example. Tell us where the errors are.
While you're at it let us know why there is carbon 14 in EVERY coal sample, gas sample, diamond, and anything else with an organic history.
Every single “study” or ‘claim’ that you have posted by dishonest, deceitful, fraudulent, and disingenuous “young earth creationist Ph.D.’s” has been thoroughly debunked as the abject garbage that it is. And your response is to post even more of it. Shocker.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology.
The evolutionary trees that adorn our textbooks have data only at the tips and nodes of their branches;
Based on observation and repeatability...based on the evidence we have. Gould knew that most fossils are still in place, embedded in to earth's crust and inaccessible. Gould also knew that thousands of fossils ‘have’ been discovered, and we do see a reasonably smooth continuum in the fossil record for some species where sufficient fossils have been found. In other cases where the fossil record is incomplete, it is not possible to demonstrate a smooth transition. Creationists would have us believe that absence of evidence is evidence of absence. The argument that we should see a smooth continuum for ‘all’ species doesn't wash. The dishonest and disingenuous tactic of the creationists is that if ‘any’ information is unknown, then what ‘is’ known is incorrect.
And you left out the part about Gould being an evolutionist who argued against creationism.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every single “study” or ‘claim’ that you have posted by dishonest, deceitful, fraudulent, and disingenuous “young earth creationist Ph.D.’s” has been thoroughly debunked as the abject garbage that it is. And your response is to post even more of it. Shocker.

I used to read evolutionists. EVERY claim by evolutionist was discredited by another evolutionist. So the idea you would appeal to others instead of doing your own research reminds me you are appealing to your brainwashing.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Punctuated equilibrium is perfectly consistent with Darwinian evolution theory, and it makes perfect sense. When there are few pressures for adaptation in a given environment, there are few morphological changes in a well adapted species, and these periods are the norm. Major pressures arise on rare occasion, with large changes in the environment, or when a new adaptation very different from a previous adaptation comes about (e.g., aquatic life to life on land). During these periods, in geologic time scales, morphological change is rapid, because early adaptations are inferior in relation to the new environment, so pressure is high for improved adaptation. Once nicely adapted, the rate of morphological change is radically slowed or stopped till something again changes in the environment of said species, or in the environment of an offshoot of said species.

You are misinterpreting Gould due to general ignorance of the subject matter on your part.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Based on observation and repeatability...based on the evidence we have. Gould knew that most fossils are still in place, embedded in to earth's crust and inaccessible. Gould also knew that thousands of fossils ‘have’ been discovered, and we do see a reasonably smooth continuum in the fossil record for some species where sufficient fossils have been found. In other cases where the fossil record is incomplete, it is not possible to demonstrate a smooth transition. Creationists would have us believe that absence of evidence is evidence of absence. The argument that we should see a smooth continuum for ‘all’ species doesn't wash. The dishonest and disingenuous tactic of the creationists is that if ‘any’ information is unknown, then what ‘is’ known is incorrect.
And you left out the part about Gould being an evolutionist who argued against creationism.

The fossil record was generated by Noah's Flood a few thousand years ago. There are literally trillions of fossils to investigate. And yet where are the millions of transitional forms?

You wrote several words to not say anything. If you accept Gould at his word you have to admit there is no evidence for evolution. Of course your blind faith in the unknown and unknowable is too strong and you always come up with a recuing device.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The fossil record was generated by Noah's Flood a few thousand years ago. There are literally trillions of fossils to investigate. And yet where are the millions of transitional forms?
How many do you need?

[Linked Image from i1.wp.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringman...

You clearly reject the results of true scientific investigations that contradict your view of the Genesis creation narrative and instead support quack pseudoscientific creation science. And the abject dishonesty, fraud, deceit, and disingenuousness on the part of the quack pseudoscientific creation ‘scientists’ is clearly OK with you. THAT says a lot.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Retrograde motion? Kepler explained it about 1600.

I figured you would know what you are talking about. And you don't. I see you didn't address the ocean.
[/quote]

Go drink a quart of sea water and tell us about no chemicals in the Ocean.

Do you believe in talking snakes too? Do you believe that if you make goats copulate while holding striped poles in front of them they will produce striped offspring? Hmmmmm?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I used to read evolutionists. EVERY claim by evolutionist was discredited by another evolutionist. So the idea you would appeal to others instead of doing your own research reminds me you are appealing to your brainwashing.

Wrong. Nobody has refuted the reality of evolution in over one hundred and fifty years of testing. You certainly haven't.

Page 71 of 95 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,130
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.