-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a father, I am heartbroken and I weep with you. My wife and I lost twin sons who were stillborn. I don't have the length of time and memories like you have with your son, but I have never hurt so bad in my life. My grandmother told me when my uncle passed that she had lost two husbands, but nothing hurt more than losing her child. She was right. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a similar experience last year. There is no way to wrap your mind around it and find closure. My condolences.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Praying here, and will continue to do so........

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I can't imagine for a second what you and your wife are going through. The pain has to be immense. Words escape me. I am not a very religious person but today I pray there is a god and he helps you and your family through this.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There are no words to describe how sorry I am for you loss
I suffered from depression my entire life from childhood to now 67 years old. I understand the pain and sorrow that comes with it. Prayers to you.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My deepest condolences.

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
this is too common, and too tragic. a friend of mine lost his (grown) son the same way. PTSD from his service.

I'm sorry for your loss. let others help you through this tough time, and be prepared to help others when they face the same challenges.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My Father took his own life 18 years ago. While not the same, I know your pain. May God lift you and your family up......I have no words....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
This is the worst of the worst. My father taught me that grief shared is grief diminished. My prayer is that through this thread it may be so, for you and yours.

Amen and Godspeed.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
So sorry to hear this, it's not much, May our Lord Jesus grant you, and family strength, and healing.

This.
Praying for you and your family.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
'Sorry for your loss.

You can't attempt to fix a problem that you're unaware of and it doesn't sound like your son was sharing the cyber bullying with you, if that was the reason that he killed himself.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You and your family have my deepest condolences. I can't begin to know how you feel at this time, but let me commend you for having the courage it took to post this. Internalizing your grief can only be harmful to your own physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health. You will need that same strength in the days ahead for your wife, your daughter, and yourself.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am sorry. Here is what you need to do, if you have not already:

1) Take action. Safe those social media topics and make them available to police. Reason: It will do you good. You may save another child and you will help making society better.

2) Set your sails. Be there for your daughter and your wife. They need you. Give all you can - understand it may not be enough. Reason: It will help you find self worth and at the same time protect you. Coping with regret is much worth that accepting.

3) Allow yourself to grieve.

Your son is not with you anymore, but you have not truely lost your son. PM, if you like to talk.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My heart goes out to you sir, no words can help but do know I will pray and I hope your family can eventually find peace. God bless.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And suddenly all my troubles seem so very, very small.

I so wish I had words to comfort you to help you start to recover. But I can think of nothing that will assuage your pain 😢

But I will pray to the almighty to do so.

I’m so very, very sorry for your loss & what you’ve been through. God bless you & yours sir. Hard to type w watery eyes.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So sorry. No words other than focus on those around you.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
And suddenly all my troubles seem so very, very small.
Truth.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am just heartbroken for you and your family, prayers.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
D
devnull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Starman

Yeah wrap your kids in cotton wool and hide
them away from the world.

I was raised in a catholic environment where Priests
used to sooth people by saying God just called the
deceased early... Now I'm hearing the devil did it
through a computer..., someone else said God didn't
cause it to happen, but surely he saw it coming?

Some youngsters die through drugs, others
hang themselves or shoot themselves with
their dads gun..or crash family car over a cliff,
so NEVER let kids have access to guns, car keys,
computers or the medicine and alcohol cabinet
that way they will be "safe".

I'm not into big social media networks, but cant
you easily block people who give you a hard time?
and be part of your own select private group?
the other option is stay away from it if you cant
handle it.

Starman,
I want to respond here as you make a good point about keeping the bad things away from kids. I wanted my kids to have the same experiences as other kids in society. That meant in our case, having a "smart" phone. However, we as stewards and mentors of our kids do not realize what the current environmentals are doing to our kids. I work in the cyber security industry and have for the last 19 years. I'm aware of how technology works and how corporate networks are being targeted, etc. However, I didn't have any ideas as to how kids were interacting with technology (and with each other) as I didn't and don't buy into social media. I saw my son one day rolling through his phone tapping the screen...This went on for 30 minutes. I asked him what he was doing and he proceeds to tell me that he has to continue the streaks on SnapChat. Bottom line is that these companies are finding way to keep the kids engaged in screen time and to have "followers" so that a user base for the platform is built. Social media companies are also clever enough to remove any forensic evidence or metadata after a user views a chat/video. This alone propagates the ability for cyber bullying to occur. Also remember, time is of the essence in collecting any of these logs as evidence.

Where does that leave me as a parent? We, in our infinite wisdom (pun here), try to limit his access and time on the phone. My son figures out how we're filtering and he then finds a way around it by re-writing his MAC address on the device or gets on another local, open hotspot.There were times where we felt taking the phone away was a means to protect him. However, he was in a school system where attendance was taken by the phone. Classrooms were administered through the use of the phones by having kids answer questions via the "smart" phone. Now, we're in a situation where he's having a hard time in the classroom due to us taking the phone.....Environmental demands here tell us this isn't sustainable. So, to answer your question, it's not black and white on being able to block access when content is deleted after being viewed. Staying away if you can't handle isn't an option either as there were legitimate demands for the technology. It's a vicious cycle that we've put ourselves in here. At the end of the day, my son made a decision....Keeping him away may not have changed his decision.

In the future, we'll look back on this time regarding technology and society's exposure and think of it as an absolute train wreck. My son told me some time back I had no idea what he was exposed to compared to when I was his age. Wrongfully, I didn't believe him originally but I do now. I tried to get the kids outdoors and to expose them to the simpler pleasures in life. However, the dopamine rush from social media wouldn't let them slow down and enjoy it like we did as youngsters.

Anyway, thank you all for the condolences and kind words. They are comforting if there is such a thing right now. It's helped me to write this post. There are some on here that I've reached out to that have walked down this road years back. I appreciate the knowledge and wisdom imparted as they went through the process.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by devnull
This is difficult so bear with me. I have always thoroughly enjoyed this forum. We all come from many walks of life but have appreciated input from others even when maybe we didn't agree. I read much more than I post as some of the responses on here can be scathing. The outdoors has always been a way of life for me to cope with whatever had me on the fence. I introduced the kids to the outdoors and they loved to hunt with me as well as ride 4-wheelers, fish, hike, camp, etc.

My 15-year old son was the core of my happiness as well as my daughter who is younger than him. I've always done things for the family as opposed to chasing a career and putting family aside. We had purchased a farm a couple years ago so that my wife and I could enjoy the outdoors with the kids and have a place just to get away from city life and a corporate job. However, my son had been battling depression for the past year. We did everything a parent knew to do at the time. When COVID came about, we took off to the farm and I worked remotely there as the offices were closed and we were just trying to stay safe. This was both a blessing and a curse for us as we'd later find out.

Fast forward to late May as this was when my world turned upside down. My son had been telling me he was sad but couldn't articulate why. This was a theme that was coming up every few months. I had a pep talk with him that evening telling him how much I loved him and how we'll get through the tough times. Little did I know how deep the message was that he was telling me. He was also telling me that kids were messing with him on social media. I didn't understand at the time to what degree as he minimized issues bothering him and wouldn't open up to his mother and I. Later that evening, my 15 year old son took his own life in front of me in the yard of the farm while I begged him not to do that.

I cannot begin to tell you the stages of grief I have and am going through. The images of that night and the OODA loop have cycled in my mind a billion+ times. I'm so lost and empty without my main man as I called him. Everything I've done was based around having a boy and a girl as a child. He has taken all enjoyment from me including hunting and shooting as well as the labor of love of the farm. My daughter won't open up and was there that night but was on the back side of the house when it occurred. She saw her brother laying there by the driveway when the in-laws came up and ushered her out of there. No words can express the heartache and emptiness I feel. It's hard for me to think that I will have to endure this the rest of my life. So many could of, should of, would of going through my head. Counselors have expressed not to feel guilt....I understand it was his decision but my job as a Dad was to protect him and I failed.

I bring all of this up as it seems like daily, I'm reading about suicides in the news...My son was absolutely cyber-bullied by two individuals (minors) for months. One kid told him the Friday before exactly what my son should do to end his life and my son followed it to a tee.....The kid continued on berating him online even after his death. He knew he was dead based on what other kids in the community posted online. Have we risen this low in society that this is the new normal?

For those of you that have lost loves one to suicide, I feel your pain and know what you're going through. It's hard to understand unless you've been here which I didn't in the past. For those with loved ones battling depression, take what they say seriously and understand what you think/feel is at a healthy rational level and they are not at the same place as you. I didn't understand that until it was too late. I thought telling him I was there and loved him would help him through it. I was ignorant. I've read the Good Guys suicide thread and there are some uninformed posts there. It's such a complicated topic and we as humans DO NOT understand the human mind. I'll forever miss the great times with my bud and will miss so much being a father of a son.....I'm so lost.

Thanks for reading and prayers are appreciated.

Good God. Please accept my deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family. I cannot possibly imagine what you are experiencing at this moment. I pray that God's Mercy be upon you and your family. I am truly sorry your boy could not be reached. While it is of little good to hear and read now I firmly believe as a Christian that the Lord has a plan and there is a reason for everything although in our limited human ability we are unable to see a larger design during our short lifetimes. I encourage your to latch ever tighter onto God for both you and your family, especially your daughter, during this time and pray that His tenderness and love brings you through this together. You are always welcome to PM me if you wish to speak further. May God Bless you, your family, and your son.

The way life should be.
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 24 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,210
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.