V
isaac;

Answer your phone, buddy....

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Just because he immerses himself in scum and dishonorable people as part of his job doesn't give him license to assume that all of us view our word as negotiable
=================================================================

Would you be speaking of folks like you who are my client base, dingbat?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Page three here we go................

cause theyre waiting for me.
Theyre looking for me.
Evry single night theyre driving me insane.
Those men inside my brain.

The dream police, they live inside of my head.
(live inside of my head.)
The dream police, they come to me in my bed.
(come to me in my bed.)
The dream police, theyre coming to arrest me, oh no.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Isaac; I don't think you've lied your ass off. Turn around.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
lol..but true

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
So, are we still friends; even though you were wrong? grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just doing my part to get it to page 5.... grin

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
Re-read what you just posted my friend and assess the fairness of that comment.After that, assess the fairness of you buying into it and continuing to argue under the premise the cop was, in fact, a liar. Then, think for just a moment that maybe, just maybe, the connection to the trailer lights were a bit shaky and the wiring/lights didn't constantly stay properly connected.

The cop didn't even venture a request to search the car or the boat, did they? Did you even consider the safety aspect of the stop assuming the connection was bad. That, maybe again, the cop prevented a 6pm news story about an 18 wheeler smashing into the back of the boat.

Of course not, because it already has SOUNDED TO ME like the cop's lied!!!

That logic may work for the lights--please apply it to the 85mph story.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's good! I'm just trying to get to 1000 posts on this. Isaac has been very helpful.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That logic DOESN'T work for the lights. The cop stops them because their lights don't work; then lets them go with the lights not having been affected by anything other than bouncing down the road? Nope.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He, the cop, should have followed them again after pulling them over to see if the lights were intermittent and not actually working. But like some have already said, they didn't get a ticket and it was a minor inconveniece being pulled over. Are we at 5 pages yet?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by isaac
Just because he immerses himself in scum and dishonorable people as part of his job doesn't give him license to assume that all of us view our word as negotiable
=================================================================

Would you be speaking of folks like you who are my client base, dingbat?

No, I can afford better counsel than someone who makes baseless assumptions and insults individuals, in a presumably civil discussion, he doesn't even know.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
That logic DOESN'T work for the lights. The cop stops them because their lights don't work; then lets them go with the lights not having been affected by anything other than bouncing down the road? Nope.

Hey, I'm with you on that too--just wanted the see how one who doesn't know either could just explain the speeding away too.

I guess if an 18 wheeler rear ended you then, he must of really been hauling #ss. smile

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bob - I owe nothing - I simply put out the o/u. It's page 2 on mine tho.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beats the heck out of getting pulled over when you were speeding wink

I've only been pulled over once when I wasn't doing anything wrong, well other then the road grime had covered up my license plate which I washed off when reminded by the officer. I was polite, the police were polite, and I went about my business.

Considering all the times I have been speeding and didn't get a ticket, I find the minor inconvenience of an unwaranted pull over as a more than fair trade.

Yes I'm all for personal rights, freedom and lack of government interference. I also know life is good and plan to enjoy the heck out of it, even with the minor inconveniences one has, even when it involves government employees.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Right. What did the cop do to ensure that the lights would not quit again, as he alledged they had once allready? Nothing...he sent them on their way into the night to maybe get run over by an 18-wheeler. That's not consistent with stopping them because their lights don't work, and pose a safety hazard.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Bottom line...
A cop can stop me for whatever he wants and say its for whatever he wants as long as I don't get a ticket for doing something I wasn't.

Lots of felony stops are the result of a stop for no real reason, maybe a hunch, maybe boredom, maybe they are having a bad day and feel like being a jerk. We all have bad days.

i cut them a lot of slack for putting on the uniform and taking the chance of having thier heads blown off everytime they walk up to a strange vehicle.

I've know some great cops and some jerks. I've been nailed for offenses i commited and got away with lots more i didn't get tickets for.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yeah, he'd have to be doing at least 86mph to catch and hit them. grin

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Teal...You do know I was kidding, I hope!!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I do!!! smile

It's getting so predictable as to which threads are gonna be full of hash....

Mebe I been here too long?

Last edited by teal; 06/25/07.

Me

Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 257 mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 257Bob, 71 invisible), 2,190 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,567
Posts18,531,811
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.