Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
No, I can afford better counsel than someone who makes baseless assumptions and insults individuals, in a presumably civil discussion, he doesn't even know.
================================================================

Please do share with me where I insulted you prior to you elevating the rhetoric!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
So if one elevates the rhetoric, it's ok to insult them from that point on, or just one time?

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 06/25/07. Reason: wrong word

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
What insult?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by isaac
No, I can afford better counsel than someone who makes baseless assumptions and insults individuals, in a presumably civil discussion, he doesn't even know.

Please do share with me where I insulted you prior to you elevating the rhetoric!

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He can stop me for whatever he want too. I've always been polite with them. Just a guy doing his job, I respect that. It seems like for some time now a lot of them (certainly not all)are down right rude any more. I'm getting old, and have always considered my self a nice guy. I believe in treating others as I would be treated myself. It's extremely difficult to stay composed when some 20 something year old leo is being a butthead, but I've done it, way more than once. A few years ago I was the designated driver at a New Years Eve party. I hauled several intoxicated friends home after the party. The first trip out of there, I got stopped two blocks from the party. The officer did field sobriety on me, then gave me a breath test as well. I blew .00. He also said I was over the center line and my licsence plate lights weren't working. (Before all the testing went on). I'm not bitching about being stopped. I know why he stopped me--You know why he stopped me. OK, But I do have a right to bitch about his lying and his rudeness. I don't care who objects here--it's the way it is.

How many pages are we up to now. Just pitching in my $.02 worth. smile

Last edited by JaquesLaRami; 06/25/07.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

HUH?

William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It's time for my milk and cookies...and my nap.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Well, I cant tell lies, cause they're listening to me.
And when I fall asleep, bet they're spying on me tonight, tonight.

cause they're waiting for me.
They're looking for me.
Every single night they're driving me insane.
Those men inside my brain.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

To read that literally would leave you to believe that you didn't insult him before he elevated the rhetoric but did so after (unsaid).

That's the insult he is talking about IMO

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to be an Interpretive Ranger for the Park Service. In our break room was one of those cardboard "honor" candy dispensing boxes. There were 40 or 50 people who had access to it. Every time it would be $1.00 or $2.00 short. Boy, would we get a nasty note taped on that thing by the Chief of Administration's secretary--every time. I used to throw an extra buck in there once in a while to chill her out. One day I was in the break-room when the candy guy came to refill it. He laughed at the note and said we had the best box anywhere that he had them. He said the worst one was at the police station in a nearby town. He said often he found that box empty without a dime in it.

True story--that aught to light them up. laugh

Last edited by JaquesLaRami; 06/25/07.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boat guys leaving the lake are often drunk. I don't think they need any probable cause to pull you over any more. The random traffic stops prove that.

Mule
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
By Foxbat
"Just because he immerses himself in scum and dishonorable people as part of his job..."
=================================================================

If my calling the man "dingbat" after the above comment was made, is insulting to him, then let me offer one big resounding
"tough sch!t".

William Arthur Ward

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

The good news is: The Steenkeeng Copper practiced catch and release and no dogs were harmed in the process. (Must have been a slot limit) grin The bad news is: This thread will not last much longer... Unless someone can find a 95 year old tazing victim to breathe some life into it (The thread).

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know - I was simply trying to do 2 things:

1. show what he meant
2. push this to more pages

Me

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Mission superbly accomplished!

But I helped!!!

Last edited by isaac; 06/25/07.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No BB...Just the one's who get pulled over by an officer and immediately go into whining rants about the cop being a liar and a puzzy. Who caught who in a lie and who says they were lying...You and Foxbat? Powerful evidence for sure!! You make up sch!t as you breeze along. Because someone said the cop was lying suffices for you? You could sit on one of my juries anytime, man!!

I have to say I have actually been on both sides of this. I have pulled people over who actually made eye contact with me as they blew a stop sign and swore to me thats not what I saw them do, that I was a liar. I have pulled people over for speeding that were blowing the doors off of traffic around them, 50% over the posted speed limit which I could well estimate without the use of radar but had that to confirm it, and they told me I had the wrong car. I had just observed them, clocked them with a radar device, ID'd them and the car, and never lost sight of them before pullingin them over, yet they'd tell me that I didn't KNOW what my eyes had just seen, and some even believed it...in fact a large number actually believed they weren't speeding, running the stop sign, etc. I NEVER pulled anyone over just to do it. I did it to give them a ticket or warning, to arrest them, because they were suspicious in some way or fit a BOLO description, but NEVER just to make a stop, tell a lie, and then move on.

OTOH, I was in a car with a buddy who got pulled over and the stated reason was for "speeding". I wasn't driving...no reason to lie...he'd litterally just pulled off a side street on to a 4 lane with a speed limit of 40...he hadn't reached the speed limit yet when the cop turned around on him as we both noticed and in unison said "What's this M-Fer want?"...AND the look on the cops face when he asked my buddy where he worked was priceless. We were both police at the time...and the cop KNEW, and HE KNEW WE KNEW HE WAS BALD FACED LYING...IT WAS THE END OF THE STOP WITH A "GOOD DAY". My buddy was not let go because he was a cop and had gotten away with anything...he was let go because he was a cop that got stopped by a lying cop. Or could have been that we fit the description of some BOLO and he told that little lie...don't know. But the stated reason was bogus, but still, in the end, HARMLESS!

So it happens both ways...Personally, I pulled over people that fit descriptions but wasn't the suspcect person/vehicle...I told them so and let them go. Occassionally I'd lose site of speeder, and find a car that I thought was the one I'd clocked...only upon approach to the driver did I find I'd pulled the wrong car over, and can tell you for sure that I pulled the wrong car over on a couple of occassions, and I told them why, and I let them go. I'm sure I became a similar story to these told here among those people, and no explination would suit them even though they weren't ticketed...I was: "A lying cop pulling someone over for no reason." In fact what I was was a cop that made an honest mistake, took a couple of minutes of their time because of my mistake, and let them go without a ticket.

Finally there's the "cop's hunch" stop. A hunch is not enough to make a stop, BUT there's not a single driver that can drive a half mile and not commit SOME objective traffic infraction that will give legal rise to a traffic stop. And that, by SCOTUS case law is the standard...the officer's subjective reason is of no importance...its the objective reason that counts and as long as they can articulate reasonable suspicion or probable cause, then the stop is good if they're tellin the truth.

I can say this with absolute certainty, as a driver, I've NEVER been pulled over for a bogus reason, and I log a bunch of miles every year and have for a long time. EVERY single time I have been pulled over as a driver, it was 100% because I was doing what they said I was doing.

War Damn Eagle!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Had a cop give me a failure to yeild ticket. Only thing was that I was the only person on the road. I tried to fight it in court but a 16 year old doesnt stand much chance.

Also had another pull me over to give me back a few bags of clothes wich blew outta the bed of my truck on the way to give them to Goodwill. Didnt say nuthing bout it except that he had some stuff that I lost an wanted to know if i wanted it back

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Come on, Isaac. You implied I was either lying, or my word questionable, then you were evasive when I gave you an out.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Come on, Isaac. You implied I was either lying, or my word questionable, then you were evasive when I gave you an out.

He was pointing out your word is no better or worse than what the cop said, other than you claim it here to be the truth.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had a cop put me on the ground because my answer didn't make him happy.

I was attending UW-Oshkosh. I exited a liquor store and started the walk back to my apartment to enjoy my 2 bottles of Jagermeister.

Officer rolls up:

5-oh: "What's in the bag?"
Me: "Groceries"
5-oh "What kind?"
Me: (knowing he had seen me come out of the liquor store) "Dinner"
5-oh puts me on the turf - opens the bag and searches for my ID - determines I am 21 and lets me up.

Me: "So what other rights other than the 4th ammendment are we going to violate now?" (crowd had gathered - I felt cocky)
5-oh "I didn't violate anything!"
Me: "Bullschit - you had no reason to suspect I was underage as you watched me purchase it from that liquor store, they must have checked my ID - even if you did had you simply asked me to produce ID before using excessive force to get my ID - you would have gotten your answer. All of this seems very unreasonable - from the stop to the way you handled it officer (last name here)"
5-oh "Nope - have a nice day"

Wrong of the cop to do so they way he did? IMO yes. Make a big deal - nope - embarrass the hell out of him in front of about 20 people - yep.

UW-O has a history of overbearing police activity - one that is WELL known by the student body but I let it slide.

There that should put us into at the least 1 more page. I did look young - heck I got carded last night at the bar - I am 30 for Pete's sake.

Me

Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 257 mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 257Bob, 68 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,565
Posts18,531,791
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.