Hop To
Page 90 of 95 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 94 95
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Originally Posted by Ringman
Savage,

Do you think the average reader can depend on 1 John 2:27? We are told the Holy Spirit will guide us so that we don't need a teacher.

If teachers weren’t necessary the spiritual gift of teaching wouldn’t be necessary. So I would say that if Holy Spirit gifted people to teach they need to be teaching. And those that need knowledge should submit themselves to their pastor/teacher.

GB4

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yet there is dispute between pastors on matters of theology.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
Do a word study on love in the OT. It will surprise you

Also do a study on Jesus and his judgement and wrath. It will greatly surprise you.

We are told what love is in the new testament. The attributes of Love are listed and described. All of them are contradicted by god in the OT.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I believe young earthers were/are so eager to disprove evolutionists that they backed themselves into a ridiculous position that the Bible does not demand or even support and they make the Christian message in the Bible appear foolish.

Bingo!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DBT
Do a word study on love in the OT. It will surprise you

Also do a study on Jesus and his judgement and wrath. It will greatly surprise you.

We are told what love is in the new testament. The attributes of Love are listed and described. All of them are contradicted by god in the OT.

God is righteous. He is a perfect balance of justice/judgement and love/grace/mercy in the OT and in the NT.

Just do the word study.......

Go to https://www.biblegateway.com/

1. type in the word "love" in the search and read the passages in the OT that show God's love.... then do the same with "grace" and "mercy".
2. Next, type in the word "wrath" and read the verses in the NT that deal with the wrath of God and the wrath of the Lamb.

I think it will open your eyes to the fact that God has not changed.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I believe young earthers were/are so eager to disprove evolutionists that they backed themselves into a ridiculous position that the Bible does not demand or even support and they make the Christian message in the Bible appear foolish.
Bingo!
It’s easy for some people to love their religion more than they do the people for whom the religion was given. And they even sometimes end up hurting people with the religion that was given for people, and they wonder why people don’t want to get involved with their religion. So many people give up on religion or give up on church because they ran into some church people...some religious people...who seemed to love their religion or their church more than they loved them...!
And they accept zero responsibility in the matter.

and that is one of the reasons we find the church in the mess that it's in today.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DBT

which is why the Bible demands that Christians study Scripture to make sure that a teacher's message does not contradict Scripture.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DBT

which is why the Bible demands that Christians study Scripture to make sure that a teacher's message does not contradict Scripture.

Then what's the point of teachers?

People are predisposed to either perceive the truth (the message of salvation) rightly or falsely. Beyond childhood, folks don't need a human teacher (in the sense of someone with authority over what's right to believe), per se, on these matters.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by DBT

You could ask the same of lawyers.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
It’s easy for some people to love their religion more than they do the people for whom the religion was given. And they even sometimes end up hurting people with the religion that was given for people, and they wonder why people don’t want to get involved with their religion. So many people give up on religion or give up on church because they ran into some church people...some religious people...who seemed to love their religion or their church more than they loved them...!
And they accept zero responsibility in the matter.
And that is one of the reasons we find the church in the mess that it's in today.
People see right through it. And consequently they want nothing to do with it. And I can’t blame em’.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DBT

People are predisposed to either perceive the truth (the message of salvation) rightly or falsely, and beyond childhood, don't need a human teacher, per se.

Scripture says that teachers are to teach the Word. Believers are to listen, but to "fact check" their message with Scripture to make sure their message is true.
Paul commended the Bereans for doing just that.

I'm a pastor, but there are other teachers I listen to, but I don't automatically believe everything that anyone says. If it contradicts Scripture, I will discount it.

Teaching/Preaching is the exercise of taking God's Word and applying its principles to today's world in an effort to inspire, exhort, reprove, warn, and enlighten believers. The job of the teacher is to lift the Words of Scripture off the pages of the Bible and allow the Holy Spirit to work in the heart and mind of the believer/hearer.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father, and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd."

- John 10:14-16

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father, and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd."

not arguing, hawkeye, just sharing what the Bible says about the duties of the teacher and the responsibilities of the listener.

I'll be leaving in about an hour to go do my teaching gig at church, but I tell my congregation to fact check me in their own Bible study time.

But, again, if God didn't think believers needed teachers, the Holy Spirit wouldn't have gifted people to teach.

later.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

not arguing, hawkeye, just sharing what the Bible says about the duties of the teacher and the responsibilities of the listener.

I'll be leaving in about an hour to go do my teaching gig at church, but I tell my congregation to fact check me in their own Bible study time.

But, again, if God didn't think believers needed teachers, the Holy Spirit wouldn't have gifted people to teach.

later.

But those in the sheepfold can perceive which are false (wolves in sheep's clothing) and which are true teachers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Why would it be about who happens to believe this or that rather than what is true regardless of who believes this or that?

There is an undeniable change in the nature and character of God between the OT and NT.

actually, no.

Excelent answer!
[/quote]

——————————

I NEVER wrote that, Ringman, and you know it. Your good buddy, DBT wrote both of the above.

Ringman, are you that confused or just that devious?

A few pages back, DBT wrote:
“ It has nothing to do with opinion, mine or anyone who reads the bible objectively. The change in the nature and character of God between the OT and the NT is quite evident and has been noted from early times. There are verses in the OT, as I'm sue you know, that state 'god of war' and a creator of trouble and strife. I don't make that up, it is there for anyone to see.”

The living God I worship has an unchanging nature, always has, always will.

Malachi 3:6
For I am the Lord, I do not change.

Psalms 102:25-27
Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish but you will remain. They will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away, but you are the SAME and your years have no end.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Our living God is unchangeable, sure, and steadfast.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

People are predisposed to either perceive the truth (the message of salvation) rightly or falsely. Beyond childhood, folks don't need a human teacher (in the sense of someone with authority over what's right to believe), per se, on these matters.

What's goin' on this mornin'? We agree again!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

People are predisposed to either perceive the truth (the message of salvation) rightly or falsely, and beyond childhood, don't need a human teacher, per se.

Scripture says that teachers are to teach the Word. Believers are to listen, but to "fact check" their message with Scripture to make sure their message is true.

I'm a pastor, but there are other teachers I listen to, but I don't automatically believe everything that anyone says. If it contradicts Scripture, I will discount it.

Teaching/Preaching is the exercise of taking God's Word and applying its principles to today's world in an effort to inspire, exhort, reprove, warn, and enlighten believers. The job of the teacher is to lift the Words of Scripture off the pages of the Bible and allow the Holy Spirit to work in the heart and mind of the believer/hearer.

You can't help but contradict yourself almost everytime you post. You choose falible men's opinion over God's clear Word.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WhiteTail48,

I love your last post.

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DBT

You can't help but contradict yourself almost everytime you post. You choose falible men's opinion over God's clear Word.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Can someone die and then come back to tell what they have seen?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 90 of 95 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,351
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.