Page 91 of 95 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
No takers?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB4

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
Do a word study on love in the OT. It will surprise you

Also do a study on Jesus and his judgement and wrath. It will greatly surprise you.

Wrath in the New Testament is a pale shadow compared to wrath in the Old Testament.

Psalm 137:9 Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I thought Tom horn was hanged.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

He was.

As i recall in Rawlins Wyoming.

Nope. Cheyenne Wyoming, 1903.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/19/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Also do a study on Jesus and his judgement and wrath. It will greatly surprise you.

Wrath in the New Testament is a pale shadow compared to wrath in the Old Testament.

Psalm 137:9 Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

We went through this before. You must have missed it. As I recall that discussion..... This is a prophecy.... a foretelling .... Of the fall and subsequent destruction of Babylon. When an oppressed people have victory over a hated enemy..... as was common in those days, they get atrociously violent. “Happy are they who,,,,”. This is the result of warfare and violent times. They were indeed “happy” in their vengeance.

Your implication that it is “wrath” of God is simply in error. It is a description of event that were to come....

Go back and review if you like.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I guess its not possible for there to be more than one person named Tom Horn.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Lazarus

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
..It’s easy for some people to love their religion more than they do the people for whom the religion was given. And they even sometimes end up hurting people with the religion that was given for people, and they wonder why people don’t want to get involved with their religion. So many people give up on religion or give up on church because they ran into some church people...some religious people...who seemed to love their religion or their church more than they loved them...!
And they accept zero responsibility in the matter.

and that is one of the reasons we find the church in the mess that it's in today.

The church was well and truelly a serious mess by
the time of Constantine. Christians were fueding-
bordering on civil war over differences of opinion
concerning Jesus.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TF49

We went through this before. You must have missed it. As I recall that discussion..... This is a prophecy.... a foretelling .... Of the fall and subsequent destruction of Babylon. When an oppressed people have victory over a hated enemy..... as was common in those days, they get atrociously violent. “Happy are they who,,,,”. This is the result of warfare and violent times. They were indeed “happy” in their vengeance.

Your implication that it is “wrath” of God is simply in error. It is a description of event that were to come....

Thank you so much for that, TF.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
It’s easy for some people to love their religion more than they do the people for whom the religion was given. And they even sometimes end up hurting people with the religion that was given for people, and they wonder why people don’t want to get involved with their religion. So many people give up on religion or give up on church because they ran into some church people...some religious people...who seemed to love their religion or their church more than they loved them...!
And they accept zero responsibility in the matter.
And that is one of the reasons we find the church in the mess that it's in today.
People see right through it. And consequently they want nothing to do with it. And I can’t blame em’.

Many love and worship their church or religion more than HE or HIS word. So sad.

I was appalled once when watching the previous pope on TV when he said "You must worship the church". Unreal.

Theres going to be a great gnashing of teeth.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/19/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I posted early on this thread that turning this into New vs Old Testament debate has been done before.

You are right that they lived in violent times, but that is no excuse for claiming that God told them to commit genocide.

“Wrath of God” is central and interwoven in Biblical teachings. There is a awful lot of that in the Bible.

And this is not prophecy nor foretelling:
Exodus 12:29-30: At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he and all his servants and all the Egyptians. And there was a great cry in Egypt, for there was not a house where someone was not dead.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Genocide? HE could have killed them all.

I guess thats apparently still on the menu.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I posted early on this thread that turning this into New vs Old Testament debate has been done before.

You are right that they lived in violent times, but that is no excuse for claiming that God told them to commit genocide.

“Wrath of God” is central and interwoven in Biblical teachings. There is a awful lot of that in the Bible.

Exodus 12:29-30: At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he and all his servants and all the Egyptians. And there was a great cry in Egypt, for there was not a house where someone was not dead.

Re: Psalm 137:9....Do you think that God told ”them” to commit genocide?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

He was.

As i recall in Rawlins Wyoming.

Nope. Cheyenne Wyoming, 1903.

yet that video said he went to heaven and came back

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Revelation 6:16 and they *said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;

Revelation 6:17 for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Revelation 14:19 So the angel swung his sickle to the earth and gathered the clusters from the vine of the earth, and threw them into the great wine press of the wrath of God.

Revelation 15:7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God, who lives forever and ever.

Revelation 16:19 The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. Babylon the great was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of His fierce wrath.

Revelation 19:15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath to come.

Colossians 3:6 For it is because of these things that the wrath of God will come upon the sons of disobedience,

Ephesians 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

Romans 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I guess its not possible for there to be more than one person named Tom Horn.

there shouldn't be.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Yet there is dispute between pastors on matters of theology.

which is why the Bible demands that Christians study Scripture to make sure that a teacher's message does not contradict Scripture.

Every pastor and Christian may say the same, yet do not agree with each other on theology. That is a problem.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

We are told what love is in the new testament. The attributes of Love are listed and described. All of them are contradicted by god in the OT.

God is righteous. He is a perfect balance of justice/judgement and love/grace/mercy in the OT and in the NT.

Just do the word study.......

Go to https://www.biblegateway.com/

1. type in the word "love" in the search and read the passages in the OT that show God's love.... then do the same with "grace" and "mercy".
2. Next, type in the word "wrath" and read the verses in the NT that deal with the wrath of God and the wrath of the Lamb.

I think it will open your eyes to the fact that God has not changed.

That doesnt resolve the problem that is being presented by descriptions of Love, a God of Love on the one hand and a god of war on the other.

The two descriptions are not compatible. You can't be a man of war, a warrior, and a man of peace, refusing to kill or participate in war at the same time without contradiction or hypocrisy.

Self defense is of course a different issue, ie, being compelled against your better nature.

God as an absolute power, omnipotent, is not compelled to act against his own nature.

The contradiction between a God of Love and a god of war is recorded in the bible.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
well, never mind, don't do the word study. it'd be a waste of your time because you have your preconceived mind already made up.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Re: Psalm 137:9....Do you think that God told ”them” to commit genocide?

If not God...then who?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 91 of 95 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,219
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.