Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by TF49
I am assuming that the Bible is quoting God who told them to do those evil deeds...
Samuel 15:3 ESV Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction[a] all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’

Well, no, assuming that the Bible always quotes God is not right. I have read Jewish writings that use passages from Job to support certain of their theologies. Interestingly, they use quotes from Job’s friends.... clearly not from God. The use statements from Job’s friends .... it is not God speaking nor being quoted.
javascript:quickReply(15065930,1,0)

"Thus says the Lord of Hosts"
is not the word of God?

I don't think so either, but there are some very religious people in my family that are going to be quite surprised to hear that.

I am not sure you understand. If one of the gospels records what the Pharisees said to Jesus, do you understand that God is not being quoted....Jesus is not being quoted.... the words of the Pharisees are being recorded?

I am very sure you do not understand who the "Lord of Hosts" is when he is being quoted.

JEHOVAH SABAOTH- The God of Angel Armies.

GB4

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Hastings
I've been busy today. Concerning evolution, Jesus vs Paul, works vs faith, hell, whether or not Jesus was God, and salvation, have we come to a consensus? I'm not posing this question to the atheists or agnostics. We believers have to get our business straight first or they are understandably going to stand off and make fun of us. Once we get straight maybe we can then get about the task of saving them.

This seems to be have a parallel in the political world. The Democrats (non-believers) contribute nothing towards solving political (moral) problems, while the Republicans (believers) dicker among themselves as to how to practically address the political (moral) issues of the day. With no united front against the Democrats, the Republicans lose much of their potential effectiveness. Likewise with Christians. There is at minimum a conservative wing of Christianity and a moderate wing, and it is difficult to iron out those differences. That does not mean that both wings are completely wrong.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am assuming that the Bible is quoting God who told them to do those evil deeds...
Samuel 15:3 ESV Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction[a] all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’

Well, no, assuming that the Bible always quotes God is not right. I have read Jewish writings that use passages from Job to support certain of their theologies. Interestingly, they use quotes from Job’s friends.... clearly not from God. The use statements from Job’s friends .... it is not God speaking nor being quoted.
javascript:quickReply(15065930,1,0)

"Thus says the Lord of Hosts"
is not the word of God?

I don't think so either, but there are some very religious people in my family that are going to be quite surprised to hear that.

I am not sure you understand. If one of the gospels records what the Pharisees said to Jesus, do you understand that God is not being quoted....Jesus is not being quoted.... the words of the Pharisees are being recorded?

I am very sure you do not understand who the "Lord of Hosts" is when he is being quoted.

Once again, you would be wrong.

I still get amused when we see presumably non-Christians doing their own peculiar brand of biblical interpretation.

But, at least you are here and do step into the batter’s box.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You really don't understand that it is OK for God to order genocide? OK as long as someone else gives the order or does the bidding? Just fine if the Lord of Hosts is not God? And somehow he is allowed to do something that God would not do himself?

God Forbid.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 07/20/20.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here's a question for Bible believers. In what state of imaturity or maturity were Adam and Eve created?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by jaguartx
HE said all men are liars..

Book it..

That would have to include Paul
and the anonymous authors of
the Gospels that came later.

Not if directed bt GOD

IF..?.... so you are merely speculating.

Likely they were just christian fanatics
and anonymous ones at that.

Agenda driven Liars and fabricators until
proven otherwise.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
Here's a question for Bible believers. In what state of imaturity or maturity were Adam and Eve created?

Adam was born like you or I. Adam's species was created by the command of God, "Let the waters bring forth every creature that hath life." Then God separated Adam from amongst other members of his species, breathed a soul into him, and made Eve from his rib.

"And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof. Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man."

Eve could have started as a zygote or a fully mature young woman. The Bible doesn't say. What is your speculation on that?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Adam was born like you or I. Adam's species was created by the command of God, "Let the waters bring forth every creature that hath life." Then God separated Adam from amongst other members of his species, breathed a soul into him, and made Eve from his rib.

"And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof. Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man."

Eve could have started as a zygote or a fully mature young woman. The Bible doesn't say. What is your speculation on that?

I don't speculate. I take God at His Word. He created Adam mature and later made Eve mature from his rib. After all God told them to be fruitful and multiply. Did God mean eighteen or twenty years later?

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I expect this is correct. And then Lucifer, the most beautiful angel, who was as charming and magnificent and wonderful as when he comes again and decieves many of the men on earth, took her and beguiled her. And satans seed was begotten in her long pain of birthing Cain and Able.

Take care, friends, and tell your children, if you're here when he comes and decieves most again, with his beauty and seeming perfection and, as others are already doing among us, performing of miracles and claiming to be the son of man, the Father, that you pinch yourself and know, that if you feel that pain, that its him, and he really isnt HIM.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/20/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You really don't understand that it is OK for God to order genocide? OK as long as someone else gives the order or does the bidding? Just fine if the Lord of Hosts is not God? And somehow he is allowed to do something that God would not do himself?

God Forbid.

I am trying to see if you understand that just because “words” were spoken and recorded in the Bible.... that those words may not be words, teachings or directives from God.

If you cannot read Psalm 137:9 and see that it is prophecy and not a directive then you have a need of further study and skill.

Edit to add: there is difference between a prophecy.... a foretelling of future events... and a directive from God.

Last edited by TF49; 07/20/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Exodus 12:29-30 ESV
At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he and all his servants and all the Egyptians. And there was a great cry in Egypt, for there was not a house where someone was not dead.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Exodus 12:29-30 ESV
At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he and all his servants and all the Egyptians. And there was a great cry in Egypt, for there was not a house where someone was not dead.

You are avoiding the issue.

Let me put it to you again..... do you believe that Psalm 137:9 is a directive from God? If so, to whom was it directed?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think there’s a lotta stuff we’re not gonna know on this side of heaven. The Bible tells us nuthin’ about certain things we might be curious about, and it’s inconclusive about others. We disagree with one another on a lot, but many of us agree with one another on a lot too...especially on the main tenets of the faith. Different people see certain aspects of things differently, whether it’s politics, economics, or religion. Conservatives do NOT agree on all aspects of politics, and economists do NOT agree on all aspects of the economy. Big deal. So what. Not a problem.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Did God mean eighteen or twenty years later?

We don't know. It doesn't say.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
People in the churches and social groups don't accept the clear teaching of God's Word. Adam sinned and God reacted by cursing the intire universe at that time. 1,656 years later God told Noah, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land...." Later God told Abraham He was going to destroy Sodam and Gamorah. Later God told General Joshua to kill every man, woman, child, and their pets and livestock because they anoyed God. Somehow death glorifies God. Remember Jesus told Peter what kind of death he would experience to glorify God. Later God tells us He will send a consumming fire on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The God of the Bible is NOT the Sunday school or catechism god we were taught about as kids. He does genocide!

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Did God mean eighteen or twenty years later?

We don't know. It doesn't say.

You are truely amazing.

Everyday Hunter
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
People in the churches and social groups don't accept the clear teaching of God's Word. Adam sinned and God reacted by cursing the intire universe at that time. 1,656 years later God told Noah, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land...." Later God told Abraham He was going to destroy Sodam and Gamorah. Later God told General Joshua to kill every man, woman, child, and their pets and livestock because they anoyed God. Somehow death glorifies God. Remember Jesus told Peter what kind of death he would experience to glorify God. Later God tells us He will send a consumming fire on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The God of the Bible is NOT the Sunday school or catechism god we were taught about as kids. He does genocide!

Yes, indeed, a god of war in the old testament tranformed into a god of Love in the new testament. Two different versions of 'god' - and there lies the contradiction.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

God Forbid.

I am trying to see if you understand that just because “words” were spoken and recorded in the Bible.... that those words may not be words, teachings or directives from God.

If you cannot read Psalm 137:9 and see that it is prophecy and not a directive then you have a need of further study and skill.

Edit to add: there is difference between a prophecy.... a foretelling of future events... and a directive from God.

It is one of those Psalms where the Jews are asking God to kick some butt. Do some of that genocide he is always talking about.

You have yet to explain how something that has already happened last night at midnight is a prophecy.

Here is another one that is not prophecy:
Genesis 19:24
Then the Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from the Lord out of heaven.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antlers
I think there’s a lotta stuff we’re not gonna know on this side of heaven. The Bible tells us nuthin’ about certain things we might be curious about, and it’s inconclusive about others. We disagree with one another on a lot, but many of us agree with one another on a lot too...especially on the main tenets of the faith. Different people see certain aspects of things differently, whether it’s politics, economics, or religion. Conservatives do NOT agree on all aspects of politics, and economists do NOT agree on all aspects of the economy. Big deal. So what. Not a problem.

Amen. In fact, no one but HE understands everything correctly in the Bible except HE, least no one will boast.

So intillegently and all encompassingly written it may purposefully mean and be truth to one person and still be correct truth to someone else who has a different interpretation or understanding.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/20/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

God Forbid.

It is one of those Psalms where the Jews are asking God to kick some butt. Do some of that genocide he is always talking about.

You have yet to explain how something that has already happened last night at midnight is a prophecy.

Here is another one that is not prophecy:
Genesis 19:24
Then the Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from the Lord out of heaven.

As I surmised. You don’t have a good understanding of what a “prophecy” is and you are also unable to discern the difference between a prophecy and a command or directive from God.

No wonder you understand very little. However, you are still hanging in there and I applaud that.

Btw.... in your opinion, was Hiroshima genocide?

Last edited by TF49; 07/20/20. Reason: Spel

Page 93 of 95 1 2 91 92 93 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,219
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.