C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I’d stand by everything I wrote.

LOL

I'm sitting here right now watching an osprey eat a fish.

The irony of all things is right front of your nose... so very often.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are no secrets in high school, kids talk about everything. I suppose there must be a few exceptions on account of guys like that Minnesota Coach.

IME only the egregious cases make the news, seems like relationships involving Seniors and young teachers are most often quietly nipped in the bud, bad enough everybody knows, the family don’t want the publicity, the teacher quietly resigns.

I know of one guy paying child support almost twenty years after the fact, she was already graduated when the pregnancy became apparent, the family chose not to pursue legal action.

Edited in to add.... Civil action taken by the family of the student after the fact in those situations where a teacher quietly resigns without criminal charges is a whole ‘nother issue and one that I know nothing about. High school kid gossip is in real time and once the teacher involved is gone it’s mostly over.

Uninvolved teachers are generally informed of these things by the kids. Details of lawsuits etc would be outside of the high school kid aegis.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This all falls within my personal W/C/S theory of women. I think every single red-blooded man out there goes through the same analysis.

W/C/S - Would I? Could I? Should I?

Would I? - every single man who looks at a sexually mature female does an unconscious evaluation of her - Am I sexually attracted to that woman? If no, move on. If yes, you go to:

Could I? - is the woman showing any interest in me? If no, move on. If yes, you go to:

Should I? - This is where every other factor comes into play. Is she under 18? Am I currently in a relationship? Will I have to fight her current lover? Any number of yes or no questions that play out.

I don't care how old you are, if you don't look at a beautiful woman and not at least complete step one of this sequence, you're gay.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
This all falls within my personal W/C/S theory of women. I think every single red-blooded man out there goes through the same analysis.

W/C/S - Would I? Could I? Should I?

Would I? - every single man who looks at a sexually mature female does an unconscious evaluation of her - Am I sexually attracted to that woman? If no, move on. If yes, you go to:

Could I? - is the woman showing any interest in me? If no, move on. If yes, you go to:

Should I? - This is where every other factor comes into play. Is she under 18? Am I currently in a relationship? Will I have to fight her current lover? Any number of yes or no questions that play out.

I don't care how old you are, if you don't look at a beautiful woman and not at least complete step one of this sequence, you're gay.

Welp, I’m not gay!

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Courtship, engagement and marriage of youthful women has occurred since the beginning of time. Cavemen, King, Queens and the gentry and sub-gentry class between.

Look up the founding fathers of America and examine their ages. Then pursue the age of their wives and when they were married. Many of you will be shocked at the information you discovered.

John Adams for example, began dating Abigail when she was 17. Personally, I consider John Adams the greatest president this nation has ever had. Trump may surpass him if Trump is able to actually accomplish more of what he says.

Fast forward to 2020, such relationships are morally and legally forbidden at this time. This teacher is going to fry like an egg in hot oil.

The examples that you give,,,how long did folks live, on average, back in those times?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are around 2,500 former students of mine in this area. Of these, five former students stand out in memory where, yes I thought they were awesome and they were willing to pursue a relationship after graduation if I had so desired.

Seems like an unprofessional/fantasy relationship developed for this subject to be discussed between yourself and a student. You either took the situation too far or allowed it to go too far.

Last edited by MOGC; 07/28/20.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Look up the founding fathers of America and examine their ages

Yes. Was loaned a book recently consisting solely of interviews of Oregon pioneer ladies that arrived via wagon train or sea in the late 1800's. Most were married around 13 to 15, with very little actual courting. A guy just asked pop for permission most of the time. Ladies making it to 18-19 were considered old maids and suspect. Husband were usually in their mid to late 20's.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/28/20.

1Minute
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Courtship, engagement and marriage of youthful women has occurred since the beginning of time. Cavemen, King, Queens and the gentry and sub-gentry class between.

Look up the founding fathers of America and examine their ages. Then pursue the age of their wives and when they were married. Many of you will be shocked at the information you discovered.

John Adams for example, began dating Abigail when she was 17. Personally, I consider John Adams the greatest president this nation has ever had. Trump may surpass him if Trump is able to actually accomplish more of what he says.

Fast forward to 2020, such relationships are morally and legally forbidden at this time. This teacher is going to fry like an egg in hot oil.

The examples that you give,,,how long did folks live, on average, back in those times?

Great point...

We have Coronavirus 19

They had Coronavirus 1776

CV-1776 was a bad mofo I heard.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MOGC
Seems like an unprofessional/fantasy relationship developed for this subject to be discussed between yourself and a student. You either took the situation too far or allowed it to go too far.

Do you mean could I sleaze onto a kid, even a Senior, while they were a student? Every kid in the room would have known.

I live in the neighborhood, so did they, these were encounters after graduation. Not long after graduation tho, all in the first year, like I said, they quickly move on.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are no secrets in high school, kids talk about everything. I suppose there must be a few exceptions on account of guys like that Minnesota Coach.

IME only the egregious cases make the news, seems like relationships involving Seniors and young teachers are most often quietly nipped in the bud, bad enough everybody knows, the family don’t want the publicity, the teacher quietly resigns.

I know of one guy paying child support almost twenty years after the fact, she was already graduated when the pregnancy became apparent, the family chose not to pursue legal action.

Edited in to add.... Civil action taken by the family of the student after the fact in those situations where a teacher quietly resigns without criminal charges is a whole ‘nother issue and one that I know nothing about. High school kid gossip is in real time and once the teacher involved is gone it’s mostly over.

Uninvolved teachers are generally informed of these things by the kids. Details of lawsuits etc would be outside of the high school kid aegis.

I'm being serious here, dude.

You really need to STFU. Seriously.

Your "keepin it real" is not going to mean schit to an investigator.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 1minute

Yes. Was loaned a book recently consisting solely of interviews of Oregon pioneer ladies that arrived via wagon train or sea in the late 1800's. Most were married around 13 to 15, with very little actual courting. A guy just asked pop for permission most of the time. Ladies making it to 18-19 were considered old maids and suspect. Husband were usually in their mid to late 20's.

Are there any differences societal or otherwise between then and now? As in roles, expectations, etc.

Reaching back a couple hundred years to justify creepy self admitted predatory and pedophiliac tendency leaning teachers is a biiiiiiit of a stretch.

MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Great point...

We have Coronavirus 19

They had Coronavirus 1776

CV-1776 was a bad mofo I heard.

Uhhh,,yeah.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Thank you for sharing that you wanted to fugk some of your students.

I feel so enlightened.

If I had wanted to I could have, legally. Weren’t my role then, still isn’t, very glad I didn’t.

This is indicative a person that knowingly pushed the envelope with a student.

You are one weird mother fugker.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thank you for sharing that you wanted to fugk some of your students.

I feel so enlightened.

If I had wanted to I could have, legally. Weren’t my role then, still isn’t, very glad I didn’t.

This is indicative a person that knowingly pushed the envelope with a student.

You are one weird mother fugker.

I don't know why but this made me laugh my ass off.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Are there any differences societal or otherwise between then and now? As in roles, expectations, etc.

Reaching back a couple hundred years to justify creepy self admitted predatory and pedophiliac tendency leaning teachers is a biiiiiiit of a stretch.

You are manipulating my words... not sure about others.

Underage sexual pursuits are wrong... I believe 99.99% of the population would concur.

Bill Clinton and Epstein types have always been the 0.01% freak exceptions.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Underage sexual pursuits are wrong... I believe 99.99% of the population would concur.

You are again back to comparing then to the present. Life as it was in those times versus life now.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

You are again back to comparing then to the present. Life as it was in those times versus life now.

I'm not comparing anything you blithering idiot.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I'm not comparing anything you blithering idiot.

Yes, you are and repeatedly.

Kind fellow.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10Glocks, 338reddog, 375sunrise, 35, 35WhelenNut, 264mag, 16 invisible), 961 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,894
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.