-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

A little bit of info to look at and draw your own conclusions. Take a look at the prices some of those folks are paying. I don't think there are very many coal plants in CA, if any, so with a system demand of 42,000 MWs but only 13,000 MWs of renewables, how is the sun and wind doing. I am in favor of clean air, i think we all are, but the foundation to build a massive electrical grid powered by nothing but renewables is not anywhere close to being ready. How many millions (billions) have they spent on renewables and what percentage of load is it providing? How much more will it take to power the grid all 24 hours in a day, it can not power the grid during daylight hours, what are you going to do at night?

http://www.caiso.com/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.ercot.com/

For those that say we have plenty of coal plants, when i look out my window i see two trains a day pass by...…

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...ith-13-plant-closures-announced-in-2020/

https://phys.org/news/2019-05-coal-power-trump.html

https://www.latimes.com/environment/story/2020-02-04/coal-power-plants-western-us

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Wow! You forgot to mention.......because it's happening to you......it going to happen to everyone else.

That's a great stand-by.

Originally Posted by rifletom
I am from Ca. Thank you for your patriotic support MEATWARMER! Or whatever your name is. Another above all a- hole.

Now why would I say a thing like that? You already did.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Don't be so hard on Californians.

calikook.....forgive them........for they do not know of their own indoctrination.

Originally Posted by calikooknic
Couldn't have been too bad. The usual dickheads are still arguing.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC

Build a wall around CA and shoot anyone that tries to leave before they fix that cesspool. Or encourage them to secede so the rid of the USA can be rid of them. The rest of the nation despises your shi+hole.

Less than half of the population in CA was born here. From the linked article, over 25% were born overseas. It's not CA's job to keep that 25% out, and it sure seems like one hell of a lot of people from the other 49 states like CA enough to move here. Like about 10 million of them.

But yeah, a wall would be good. Only it's 30 years too late. And it would have been to keep all those blue-voting [bleep] from moving here, making their fortune, then moving somewhere else and calling themselves "Californian".

S--t, Nancy f---ing Pelosi is from Baltimore. But none of you anti-Californicators are blaming Maryland for her. Why's that?

As for TX - stick a fork in you, you're done and just don't know it.

It took CA 28 years to from going for Reagan, to going for Obama. I figure TX has about another 8 before it goes back to voting blue. You do remember that TX was a Democrat stronghold once upon a time, right? Or have you forgotten LBJ and Hubert Humphrey?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a fun thread..... listening to Californians defend California..... wow... hahahahahah

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by MAC

Build a wall around CA and shoot anyone that tries to leave before they fix that cesspool. Or encourage them to secede so the rid of the USA can be rid of them. The rest of the nation despises your shi+hole.

Less than half of the population in CA was born here. From the linked article, over 25% were born overseas. It's not CA's job to keep that 25% out, and it sure seems like one hell of a lot of people from the other 49 states like CA enough to move here. Like about 10 million of them.

But yeah, a wall would be good. Only it's 30 years too late. And it would have been to keep all those blue-voting [bleep] from moving here, making their fortune, then moving somewhere else and calling themselves "Californian".

S--t, Nancy f---ing Pelosi is from Baltimore. But none of you anti-Californicators are blaming Maryland for her. Why's that?

As for TX - stick a fork in you, you're done and just don't know it.

It took CA 28 years to from going for Reagan, to going for Obama. I figure TX has about another 8 before it goes back to voting blue. You do remember that TX was a Democrat stronghold once upon a time, right? Or have you forgotten LBJ and Hubert Humphrey?

LBJ said it best: "I'll have those n i g g e r s voting Democratic for the next 200 years!"

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Texas has ample reserve power to put out on the grid. The power company I have worked for for 42 years has done business with CA numerous times. If CA is claiming power shortages, it’s intentional.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
What a fun thread..... listening to Californians defend California..... wow... hahahahahah

Such a virtuous Montanan from California.... smile

Front line of the 2A fight here bruh and nothing but infighting amongst our ranks makes this snowflake sad. ;(

Now, I know for a fact you would show up to sling some led if a fight broke out, but it really is sad that the mantra that is perpetuated around here remains to be "you dumb MF'ers should retreat!!!!!".

Retreat.

My ass.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As far as Mac goes...

If I owned hell and Texas, I'd live in hell and rent out Texas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higginez

Front line of the 2A fight here bruh and nothing but infighting amongst our ranks makes this snowflake sad. ;(

Now, I know for a fact you would show up to sling some led if a fight broke out, but it really is sad that the mantra that is perpetuated around here remains to be "you dumb MF'ers should retreat!!!!!".

Retreat.

My ass.

Brother Hig,

Calif. decline is about much more than just the 2nd amendment. When I left in 1980 the decline in freedom was picking up steam, I remember writing letters to the politicians fighting to keep the high lakes open for jeep travel, the backpackers were trying to shut everything down.

This was before prices and tax's shot through the roof.
All my Calf. friends and family have left except two old buds from high school, they are so stoned they wouldn't know Gavin Newsome from Abe Lincoln, and even they are starting to complain.
I am all in on fighting for the 2nd, but quality of life and freedom dictated me leaving at the age of 19. I could see the writing on the wall even then.
You guys have become the frog in the pot, the slow boil prevents you from seeing what has happened.

Hey last year you mentioned relocating and mentioned Montana?

And thank you for recognizing my virtue.... wink smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brian, You're back!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Brian, You're back!

Kinda Kingster..... I just got back from an extended hi country trip... stay tuned for pic's when I get time... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Texas has ample reserve power to put out on the grid. The power company I have worked for for 42 years has done business with CA numerous times. If CA is claiming power shortages, it’s intentional.
A lot of those big petro-chemical companies all around the bay produce their own co-generated power, and the excess goes into the grid.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higginez

Retreat.

My ass.

Brother Hig,

Calif. decline is about much more than just the 2nd amendment. When I left in 1980 the decline in freedom was picking up steam, I remember writing letters to the politicians fighting to keep the high lakes open for jeep travel, the backpackers were trying to shut everything down.

This was before prices and tax's shot through the roof.
All my Calf. friends and family have left except two old buds from high school, they are so stoned they wouldn't know Gavin Newsome from Abe Lincoln, and even they are starting to complain.
I am all in on fighting for the 2nd, but quality of life and freedom dictated me leaving at the age of 19. I could see the writing on the wall even then.
You guys have become the frog in the pot, the slow boil prevents you from seeing what has happened.

Hey last year you mentioned relocating and mentioned Montana?

And thank you for recognizing my virtue.... wink smile

Most here are rather aware of what's been going on same as Montanans are aware of the Lib encroachment in Boze Angeles or Missoula or Helena.

Love MT myself and spent most of the last two summers there as my busy season ends in May and the busy season for business there is June-Aug.

I'd have loved to have bought a place there and split time between the two, but honestly, I have more fun here year round than splitting between the two.

Dad's 75 and works 48-60 hrs a week. Have lunch with him and the crew every Friday. Mom's 72 (just kicked Covid). Girls are 13, 18 and 23 and the two oldest are blossoming into young, somewhat conservative adults while the 13 yo is still moldable, but just like me. (Which, we're working on.)

Business is booming and summers suck royally (100+ last week and a half with smoke last couple days), but I've met more libs in the 406 than I know in the 530. (I get it that it's SW MT in the Summer, but don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.)

Sure is a nice jacket...

http://governor.mt.gov

Last edited by Higginez; 08/21/20.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
l.
A lot of those big petro-chemical companies all around the bay produce their own co-generated power, and the excess goes into the grid.

Benicia and Martinez are closing in October. One will be converted to storage only.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by antlers
l.

Benicia and Martinez are closing in October. One will be converted to storage only.

My first stomping grounds...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
On top of the power outages the state is on fire again.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
On top of the power outages the state is on fire again.

Gullible warming!!!!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,038
Posts18,482,003
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.