J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by RayF
Originally Posted by DBT
The bible is a mixed bag of vague prophesies, revelation, etc, after the fact and failed prophesies, Tyre, Egypt, the return of Jesus in power and glory within the lifetime of those standing there listening to the words and their promise, etc.

Vague to you and not after the fact. The dating of the Dead Sea Scrolls verifies this. God not only gave Daniel the the description of kingdoms that will follow Babylon, but the detailed way Babylon will be defeated and the name of the conqueror. The scroll upon which it is written is 150 years older than the event.

There is no mention of the modern day state of Saudi state, Russia, America, Australia, etc, in the bible.....we have current christian projection and interpretation of symbolic language that actually referred to biblical times and places. Some of it wrong at that, Tyre, Egypt, etc.

Did you get your feelers hurt because you think HE should have specifically mentioned the modern and current names of Russia and the US in the writing of the Bible before those nations were named by men given free will. Well i am so sorry HE didnt do things the way god dbt wanted HIM to do. Youre just so ignored and mistreated by HIM, arent you?

Well, boo hoo hoo.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/22/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

How Israel has defeated all of its modern adversaries is a miracle in itself. They were attacked on 3 sides almost immediately after becoming the new state. No command & control. No organization. No armor. No air force. They’ve been winning ever since...

clueless and delusional.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I care not what any man thinks, Jesus is Lord. Napoleon wrote about that.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ginther
Trying to rewrite History there buddy, Australian Light Horseman took control of Beersheba back in 1917 when they took back control of Palestine, nuthin to do with divine intervention or the chosen people. Im sure any inquiring mind would already be aware of these fact......

https://www.awm.gov.au/articles/blog/the-charge-of-the-4th-light-horse-brigade-at-beersheba

https://independentaustralia.net/australia/australia-display/remembering-the-battle-of-beersheba,13832

1917 has no relevance with the war of which I described: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War.....the war that virtually every intelligence agency assessed to result in a loss for Israel, but was won against incredible odds and established the state of Israel in its current capacity.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Trying to rewrite History there buddy, Australian Light Horseman took control of Beersheba back in 1917 when they took back control of Palestine, nuthin to do with divine intervention or the chosen people. Im sure any inquiring mind would already be aware of these fact......

https://www.awm.gov.au/articles/blog/the-charge-of-the-4th-light-horse-brigade-at-beersheba

https://independentaustralia.net/australia/australia-display/remembering-the-battle-of-beersheba,13832

1917 has no relevance with the war of which I described: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War.....the war that virtually every intelligence agency assessed to result in a loss for Israel, but was won against incredible odds and established the state of Israel in its current capacity.

You mean the war where God said in the Bible that Israel would be carried to safety as though by the wings of an eagle?

You mean the Israel God told in the Bible to make no treaties with its enemies who would turn on them and try to drive them into tbe sea.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
I think that the filter of faith sees miracles wherever extraordinary, but not supernatural, events happen.

Im glad you see things like that.

I think youre FOS and have scales on your eyes. HE agrees.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
I think that the filter of faith sees miracles wherever extraordinary, but not supernatural, events happen.

Just a little rational mind 1948 war history research
can dispell the RayF "miracle" claim... but that takes
the wind out of the sails of the theistic fantasy.

without critical foreign military material aid
provided to Israel, they were well and truelly
screwed.

.. but thats par for the atheistic side of
these debates. Deny everything. Admit nothing..

Then Come back and own your blatant ignorance
that you have displayed on this thread.

I only write to inform..

that really deserves joke of the month prize.
You are prime example why folks should not
trust christians to inform them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Coming from you guys who fantasize about paddling other people's children in class!Start your own "Christian" schools and paddle behinds till your arms are tired.We will kindly let you have at it.
Wait a minute. In my state it is illegal to strike another person. I don't see any exceptions in the law that allows striking children.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by DBT
I made it clear what the issue is.
You made it clear that you get pissed off and bothered because believers ‘are’ believers.

Truth. It gets his hemorrhoids flared up for sure. He and mouser cant drop this thread.

You both project your own histrionic behaviour onto the opposition.

Neither of you can respond without trying to make it personal. That's the fact of it.

You, Jaggy boy, bravely in the security of your anonymity, accused me of being a liar, yet when asked repeatedly to give one example, one lie....nothing, you crawl under your bed for a while and hope it's forgotten.

IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by DBT

Im glad you see things like that.

I think youre FOS and have scales on your eyes. HE agrees.

Religion is based on faith. I don't have religion.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Trying to rewrite History there buddy, Australian Light Horseman took control of Beersheba back in 1917 when they took back control of Palestine, nuthin to do with divine intervention or the chosen people. Im sure any inquiring mind would already be aware of these fact......https://www.awm.gov.au/articles/blog/the-charge-of-the-4th-light-horse-brigade-at-beershebahttps://independentaustralia.net/australia/australia-display/remembering-the-battle-of-beersheba,13832
I read the whole thing. Australians did God's work, and helped open the way for the Jewish return.Good for Australia. If I moved to another country it would be Australia. Australia always seems to fight on the right side.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
That's the fact of it.
You have a seething anger with those who choose to believe in God. It absolutely eats you up that believers choose to believe in God. And you try to camouflage it by using verbal placebos such as ‘rational’ and ‘logical’...neither of which any of your positions have proven to be. Your responses are emotional, not intellectual. THAT’S the fact of it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Note to naive Hastings -

I don't think Australians are generally keen
on goofy religous types, their pentacostal
PM has shown he 'pissed them off' with all
his wacko God and miracle talk claims.

Second note to naive Hastings -

You being x LE, be aware their is not anywhere
near the level of cop worship as in the USA.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Religion and public tax funded education need to be kept separate. This discussion is an indication of how much discord could be introduced into a classroom populated by competing and mutually exclusive belief systems. Separation of church and state institutions is one of the better ideas our supreme court ever came up with. I had the privilege (1960s) of attending 5th through 9th grade public school in a theocracy that ignored the court and shamelessly incorporated the Mormon LDS dogma into the day in a far less than subtle way. The place was the most Northwestern county in Utah and the population was 90+ percent LDS. Moral depravity is nothing new in this country, it is just more openly displayed. More than a century ago anarchists and labor rioted in the streets. Corporate goons gunned down striking labor. Three presidents were murdered in less than 40 years. Prostitution, drunkeness, child and domestic abuse were endemic. Taking prayer out of school didn't cause today's issues, entitlements without work played a big part.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by DBT
That's the fact of it.
You have a seething anger with those who choose to believe in God. It absolutely eats you up that believers choose to believe in God. And you try to camouflage it by using verbal placebos such as ‘rational’ and ‘logical’...neither of which any of your positions have proven to be. Your responses are emotional, not intellectual. THAT’S the fact of it.

Oh my goodness.......project much???

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I suspect very strongly that God will deal rather harshly with the Communists come Judgement Day.

Possibly so, but what are you going to do until then?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hastings, I don’t disagree with anything that you said in your last post. My kids went to public schools. I wanted them to be taught ‘how’ to think, not ‘what’ to think.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
Note to naive Hastings -

I don't think Australians are generally keen
on goofy religous types, their pentacostal
PM has shown he 'pissed them off' with all
his wacko God and miracle talk claims.

Second note to naive Hastings -

You being x LE, be aware their is not anywhere
near the level of cop worship as in the USA.

I am not keen on on goofy religious types either. I think you and the rest of the atheists here stand a better chance at salvation than some of the loudest and surest bible thumpers. As a disclaimer, I am not atheist and I still seek the truth knowing there are a lot of falsities and self serving out there. God bless.
As to law enforcement. It is a necessary evil but none the less very necessary as we will possibly soon see when it is overwhelmed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
That's the fact of it.

Coming from you guys who fantasize about paddling other people's children in class!

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 260Remguy, 1234, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,004
Posts18,520,527
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.