-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those first century Jesus followers likely had no concern for the complicated theologies that are so apparent nowadays, and cause so much discord. But they knew the simple message of the gospel. They knew that Jesus loved em’, and they knew if they repented, and received God’s gift of grace, that Jesus would walk through this life with them. And they could also spend eternity in His presence. And they knew these things before the Bible even existed.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Amen good man!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Off to church shortly.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Hebrews 5:11-end tells a different story. The recipients of that letter were denounced for their lack of understanding. The same can be said for all who were the subject of the epistles which Paul wrote to correct errors in doctrine and practice.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Predestination - The vast majority of the most respected theologians believe in it. There's also some very respected theologians who don't. Its not a heaven or hell issue. Based on MY experience, and the experience of all (true) Christians I know, I had absolutely nothing to do with my salvation.

When one comes to the conclusion that they had nothing to do with their salvation, there is the deepest sense of gratitude and duty. Its a very humbling perspective, quite the opposite of the perception of the critics, that predestination leads to a careless attitude. It was a stunning paradigm shift when it happened to me.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
Those first century Jesus followers likely had no concern for the complicated theologies that are so apparent nowadays, and cause so much discord. But they knew the simple message of the gospel. They knew that Jesus loved em’, and they knew if they repented, and received God’s gift of grace, that Jesus would walk through this life with them. And they could also spend eternity in His presence. And they knew these things before the Bible even existed.

+1

Romans 5:1
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by IZH27
Hebrews 5:11-end tells a different story. The recipients of that letter were denounced for their lack of understanding. The same can be said for all who were the subject of the epistles which Paul wrote to correct errors in doctrine and practice.

I want to get to know my God and the high things of His revelation to us out of love and devotion.

I love and am devoted to my wife; I show it by constantly seeking to know her better. I didn’t walk out of our wedding after having kissed the bride and exclaim, “well let’s not over complicate this relationship; this is as well as I’m ever going to get to know her!” No, as an expression of my love for her I have sought to delve into the depths of her soul and know her like I have never known another human being.

Same goes for God. If a knowledge the level of Sunday school songs is good enough for you go back to my analogy above and ask yourself if that would please your wife.

Not a salvation issue... the thief on the cross clearly never had the chance to get to know his LORD better... but we do. And our desires tell us (and the LORD) everything we need to know about what we truly worship.

Grace begets gratitude and gratitude humble, selfless action often in the direction we least want to go. That’s why He said “take up your cross and follow me” and “anyone who loses His life for my sake will find it”.

At least that’s been my experience.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by ctsmith

When one comes to the conclusion that they had nothing to do with their salvation, there is the deepest sense of gratitude and duty. Its a very humbling perspective, quite the opposite of the perception of the critics, that predestination leads to a careless attitude. It was a stunning paradigm shift when it happened to me.

Amen; I am unspeakably grateful I have not been given what I deserve!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 11:6

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m attracted to the faith modeled by our first century brothers and sisters who had no Bible. They advanced the Gospel modeled by Jesus and the apostles. They risked persecution and death to promote a faith that was compelling, defensible, and attractive. Christianity spread like an airborne disease...especially during its extreme persecution years...before the Bible ever existed.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Wish i loved HIM more so some things would work out even mobetter. frown

God doesn't look after the "Wish" department, he looks after the "I DO" department smile

I have read your posts here for a long time. You are a strong man in many ways. Give the "LOVE HIM COMPLETELY IN EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY SENSE AND SHOW IT TO HIM IN YOUR ACTIONS AND WORDS AND THOUGHTS", and I will guarantee you there will be a lot more good on your path through life, than bad.

Go ahead, give it a try, you have NOTHING to lose.

Miss Lynn

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
This morning our minister had some interesting words. Like you start to mimic an accent over a long time.

Staring close to Jesus makes you more like Him.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

God doesn't look after the "Wish" department, he looks after the "I DO" department smile

I have read your posts here for a long time. You are a strong man in many ways. Give the "LOVE HIM COMPLETELY IN EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY SENSE AND SHOW IT TO HIM IN YOUR ACTIONS AND WORDS AND THOUGHTS", and I will guarantee you there will be a lot more good on your path through life, than bad.

Miss Lynn

Thanks for the kind words.
It was tongue in cheek, Miss Lynn, meaning that if i loved HIM more, more things would work out for me "mobetter".

Yes, i do love HIM, but often fail in putting HIM first, expecially if I stub my toe. wink

Take care and GOD bless.

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

Miss Lynn

Thanks for the kind words.

It was tongue in cheek, Miss Lynn, meaning that if i loved HIM more, more things would work out for me "mobetter".

Yes, i do love HIM, but often fail in putting HIM first, expecially if I stub my toe. wink

Take care and GOD bless.

I get you on the stubbed toe part, seems I have more toes than most some days grin

Lynn

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 11:6

Surely you know the danger of one verse theology.

As previously mentioned, the majority of the most respected theologians, who know a lot more about scripture than me and you, believe in predestination. Other well respected theologians dont (John Wesley). We aren't going to settle this at the campfire I can promise you. I base my belief on what happened to me, my experience.

What I have noticed is that free will believers get defensive about the subject and predestination believers dont.

Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 2ndwind, 219 Wasp, 30 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,889
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.