Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
While not keeping up with all of this thread, I do believe, as He said, salvation is freely given and comes with belief in the good news, faith in Him and repentance. That gets it. Anyone can do it. None are sentenced to death before life.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Thanks good men we may be preaching to the choir, better than no preaching at all.

I am constantly wrestling through these issues to test myself against other believers (I am open to being shown to be wrong if it is from Scripture and it’s happened plenty) in an effort to live a life that is more Christlike before men.

Thoughts lead to actions, no?

Long way to say that our engagement here doesn’t preclude engagement elsewhere and the Gospel needs to be heard by the choir just as much as by anyone else.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
A picture from last Sunday at church. We had a baptism, the baby was good as gold. I think Pastor Missy has a great way with the babies.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lots of women are good with babies, how about scripture? wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Let's hope we are showing a sermon, as opposed to peaching one?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
RC, she is splendid at that as well. Missy is the only glue holding our leaky ship together.

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Let's hope we are showing a sermon, as opposed to peaching one?

Or both; practicing what we preach?

It’s my prayer for myself and those I love each day.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
elf, the hardest part is also praying for the people that hate us.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
elf, the hardest part is also praying for the people that hate us.

This can be true except I don’t pray that they’d practice what they preach.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The truth be told, choirs, pastors, and all of us need doctrinally sound preaching. I'm thankful beyond expression that a man of God had the spiritual courage to tell me the truth in love back in the day. Most people are comfortable in their traditions and pass those along to the next generation of children. We are told by God the Holy Spirit,

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."
Colossians 2:8

With all due respect to all those with the best intentions, the baby is an example of someone who has no accountability: However, the pastors pouring water on them demonstrate a lack of understanding of the most vital subject of salvation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t think people resist Christianity because those who call themselves Christians love others too much, or because they are too welcoming of others, or because they are too willing to carry others people's burdens, or because they're so forgiving and so open and so gracious. I think what people find so easy to resist about Christianity is the hypocrisy and the 'we know it all, and we're better than y'all' attitude that many who call themselves Christians seem to have. I don’t think people resist Christianity because of Jesus...I think people mostly resist Christianity because of people who call themselves Christians.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
My biggest stumbling block to answering the call to salvation had far more to do with a recognition of the autonomy I’d have to give up when calling Jesus my Lord. That’s true for all of us and that incessant need to be our own LORD makes it difficult for all of us to be faithful to Christ’s call to love people.

Christ, to those who meet the real Him in Scripture (because there are many in the world), is highly offensive to all mankind. Setting aside one’s “rights” is as tough or tougher than the call that then comes to those who receive His grace.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by efw
My biggest stumbling block to answering the call to salvation had far more to do with a recognition of the autonomy I’d have to give up when calling Jesus my Lord. That’s true for all of us and that incessant need to be our own LORD makes it difficult for all of us to be faithful to Christ’s call to love people.

Christ, to those who meet the real Him in Scripture (because there are many in the world), is highly offensive to all mankind. Setting aside one’s “rights” is as tough or tougher than the call that then comes to those who receive His grace.

I thought the whole idea of Christianity was to become "One with God". Am I wrong? When then does this oneness occur?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I don’t think so. God is transcendent and we are always and forever creature. The first question of the Westminster Shorter Catechism asks that question. The scriptural answer that those writers gave was that man was created to glorify God and enjoy him Forever.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by efw

Do you trace this back to Adams sin?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by efw

I thought the whole idea of Christianity was to become "One with God". Am I wrong? When then does this oneness occur?

It occurs to a man the moment that he makes the decision that I covered in the post below. I hope that you will be blessed by it.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by efw

Indeed our first father’s sin continues to impede our communion with God!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by efw

It occurs to a man the moment that he makes the decision that I covered in the post below. I hope that you will be blessed by it.

Why then do I always hear about the struggle to be like Christ from those who are supposedly "One" with Him?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by efw

Indeed our first father’s sin continues to impede our communion with God!

Christians are so confused. If indeed Adam's sin,or even yours continues to impede,what did Christ accomplish?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it to be an easy walk. The idea that the Power that created the universe is interested in having a relationship with me...one of His creations...resonates with me. Everything else really pales in comparison to that idea. Once that relationship was established, fine theological points that are so often considered important, evaporated. To know that when the Creator of all the universe is on your side...it changes your perspective and gives life real meaning. It makes my life better, and makes me better at life. I truly feel that extending grace is the greatest opportunity that we’ll ever have, relationally, while we’re on this earth. I’m convinced that Jesus loves us, is with us, is not surprised by anything that’s happening to us, and will walk with us through it. “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.“ - Jesus
I take ‘that’ to heart.
It’s the easiest life that I’ve ever known.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here you go R H Clark, and anyone else who wants to know.

A man once asked me if I was 100% certain that if I were to die today, would I go to heaven?

I appreciate that question. It has an answer that God is not hiding from us. I posted it yesterday, but some missed it. Here's the answer.

Lets walk down the Romans road for that straight way to heaven. Jesus said in John 14:6

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

The first question that requires an answer in order to get to the heart of the issue is....
1. Who needs to be saved?

Romans 3:10
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
Why?
Isaiah says, "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

I cleaned a Possum cage and I wouldn't even think of wiping my mouth off with that filthy rag. Stink, flies, possum poop, yuk; now that's an illustration of what our "righteous" deeds (good works) are to God in regards to salvation.
Why?

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;". Romans 3:23
Does that apply to you? Have you ever sinned? IF you have always been and always be perfect, this doesn't apply to you. Maybe you haven't committed murder, but have you ever told a lie?

Romans 6:
"For the wages of sin is death...."

Death? Well EVERYBODY dies sooner or later.
But, the death here is the eternal death of the human spirit, not the mere body. Revelation of Jesus Christ explains in frightening details what this means in 20:14, 15; & 21:8
"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Now there's a serious promise. How many murders would a killer have to kill to be considered a murderer?
How many lies to be a liar?
There's a reason why these are both different degrees of sin yet in the same list.

2. According to God, where do you deserve to go some day?

This point is extremely important. If you can not admit your condemnation to a completely holy and righteous God, you can not see your personal need for Him to save you.

The Bible tells us that it's not wise to compare yourself to others. In doing so we are trying to justify ourselves by our own righteousness, which is holding up a dirty diaper to the Lord and saying " I've got a bunch of these for You to consider, so why not let me into heaven? These rags of my righteous works should pay for my tens of thousands of sins....right?"
Wrong!

"Lord, I've gotten baptized, tried to obey the law, treated others with respect, give to the lodge, the church, the nra, don't cuss, don't chew, don't go with girls that do!
I gave my life to You, repent of all my sins.!"
Those are all works of self righteousness....filthy rags.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.". Eph. 2... Likewise on that Romans road 4:5
"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

Notice the following.
A. We are UNgodly.
B. This is to those who "worketh NOT."
C. Who are we to believe upon so we call be justified in His eyes?
D. Salvation is of faith in Him, because it is a gift that has been fully paid for. It was paid by Jesus, God's holy Son Who suffered, taking our punishment....dying.....then taking that life back the third day.

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.". Romans 5:8
6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

He is the One and only accepted Sacrifice. He doesn't want you to give anything to Him. The debt has been paid in full. It is finished.
From the minute you transfer the object of your faith... those filthy rags to The crucified Savior as the Object of faith..... that is when He gives that gift of everlasting life. You can never go to hell from that point on. What about sins? You will be treated as God's children. If you do something really bad, He will discipline you on earth in here and now, but will never send you to hell.

3. What must you do to be saved?

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved."
The word believe is repeated 100 times in the gospel of John alone. You have read,
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Here's a sample prayer to make it very simple.

Pray now,

"Dear God,
I don't deserve to go to heaven. If I got what I deserve it would be hell. There's no amount of works that I can do to be saved. So right now, I place my trust in the Savior, Your Son Jesus. He suffered terrible torments for what I have done against You....so that I will not suffer the torments of hell. Please give me Your promised gift of everlasting life.
Thank You very much Lord.
Amen."

Please PM me immediately upon praying this prayer.
I want to pray for you and be a blessing to you any way possible.

Happy Camper

Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (204guy, 2500HD, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 33 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.