Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Here you go R H Clark, and anyone else who wants to know.

A man once asked me if I was 100% certain that if I were to die today, would I go to heaven?

I appreciate that question. It has an answer that God is not hiding from us. I posted it yesterday, but some missed it. Here's the answer.

Lets walk down the Romans road for that straight way to heaven. Jesus said in John 14:6

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

The first question that requires an answer in order to get to the heart of the issue is....
1. Who needs to be saved?

Romans 3:10
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
Why?
Isaiah says, "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

I cleaned a Possum cage and I wouldn't even think of wiping my mouth off with that filthy rag. Stink, flies, possum poop, yuk; now that's an illustration of what our "righteous" deeds (good works) are to God in regards to salvation.
Why?

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;". Romans 3:23
Does that apply to you? Have you ever sinned? IF you have always been and always be perfect, this doesn't apply to you. Maybe you haven't committed murder, but have you ever told a lie?

Romans 6:
"For the wages of sin is death...."

Death? Well EVERYBODY dies sooner or later.
But, the death here is the eternal death of the human spirit, not the mere body. Revelation of Jesus Christ explains in frightening details what this means in 20:14, 15; & 21:8
"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Now there's a serious promise. How many murders would a killer have to kill to be considered a murderer?
How many lies to be a liar?
There's a reason why these are both different degrees of sin yet in the same list.

2. According to God, where do you deserve to go some day?

This point is extremely important. If you can not admit your condemnation to a completely holy and righteous God, you can not see your personal need for Him to save you.

The Bible tells us that it's not wise to compare yourself to others. In doing so we are trying to justify ourselves by our own righteousness, which is holding up a dirty diaper to the Lord and saying " I've got a bunch of these for You to consider, so why not let me into heaven? These rags of my righteous works should pay for my tens of thousands of sins....right?"
Wrong!

"Lord, I've gotten baptized, tried to obey the law, treated others with respect, give to the lodge, the church, the nra, don't cuss, don't chew, don't go with girls that do!
I gave my life to You, repent of all my sins.!"
Those are all works of self righteousness....filthy rags.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.". Eph. 2... Likewise on that Romans road 4:5
"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

Notice the following.
A. We are UNgodly.
B. This is to those who "worketh NOT."
C. Who are we to believe upon so we call be justified in His eyes?
D. Salvation is of faith in Him, because it is a gift that has been fully paid for. It was paid by Jesus, God's holy Son Who suffered, taking our punishment....dying.....then taking that life back the third day.

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.". Romans 5:8
6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

He is the One and only accepted Sacrifice. He doesn't want you to give anything to Him. The debt has been paid in full. It is finished.
From the minute you transfer the object of your faith... those filthy rags to The crucified Savior as the Object of faith..... that is when He gives that gift of everlasting life. You can never go to hell from that point on. What about sins? You will be treated as God's children. If you do something really bad, He will discipline you on earth in here and now, but will never send you to hell.

3. What must you do to be saved?

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved."
The word believe is repeated 100 times in the gospel of John alone. You have read,
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Here's a sample prayer to make it very simple.

Pray now,

"Dear God,
I don't deserve to go to heaven. If I got what I deserve it would be hell. There's no amount of works that I can do to be saved. So right now, I place my trust in the Savior, Your Son Jesus. He suffered terrible torments for what I have done against You....so that I will not suffer the torments of hell. Please give me Your promised gift of everlasting life.
Thank You very much Lord.
Amen."

Please PM me immediately upon praying this prayer.
I want to pray for you and be a blessing to you any way possible.

Happy Camper

I would think you a very nice well meaning man,as I find most Christians to be. I also find however that people who don't really know much about what they believe always refer to the text of what they are supposed to believe to answer simple questions about what they actually do believe.
My questions are meant to spark thought in you,not to regurgitate Paul's thoughts. If indeed God is alive in you,why must you only repeat what He told someone else 2000 years ago? Those are questions you must ask if you are to ever be really One with God.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/02/20.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
elf, you're correct about many Christians "turning off" others. They must be afraid it's contagious! laugh

I need to thank the Jehovism's Witness lay minister that counseled me in a time of trial. he told me to look up Romans 8:28.

May Lord Jesus Bless him!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I quote the Bible, because it is God's detailed revelations to us. My opinions are subjective and prone to errors.

I also quote the Bible because It is the example that my Savior, Jesus gave.

A. He quoted His prophets many times and read from the Old covenant / testament in the synagogues.

B. Jesus was tempted by Satan himself and quoted specific references that applied to the temptation and affirmed to Satan that he was talking to the Almighty God Who was in the devil's presence.

Also, I quote the Word of God because,
"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The Bible is inspired by Almighty, All knowing God.
It's profitable for many reasons. Most of all,
It is the way to know how to be with God.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Can a person obtain salvation by following Jesus? Can a person learn enough about salvation to obtain salvation if they completely ignore Paul's letters? I say yes. Well?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Being at one or being exactly like Jesus will not happen in this life. Even if you are born again you still live in a flesh body that is corruptible, at death then one can put on incorruption. Being perfect like Christ this side of the grave ain't happening. Being at peace with God through faith in Jesus is possible. If a person is in Christ they are a new creation. The things I did 10+ yrs ago I have been set free from. Don't ask what they are that's between me & God.

Romans 5:1
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Being at one or being exactly like Jesus will not happen in this life. Even if you are born again you still live in a flesh body that is corruptible, at death then one can put on incorruption. Being perfect like Christ this side of the grave ain't happening. Being at peace with God through faith in Jesus is possible. If a person is in Christ they are a new creation. The things I did 10+ yrs ago I have been set free from. Don't ask what they are that's between me & God.

Aw, come on, dont give us that Jive, confess, inquiring minds wanna know, bro. wink

Just kidding. You're spot on.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I quote the Bible, because it is God's detailed revelations to us. My opinions are subjective and prone to errors.

A. He quoted His prophets many times and read from the Old covenant / testament in the synagogues.

B. Jesus was tempted by Satan himself and quoted specific references that applied to the temptation and affirmed to Satan that he was talking to the Almighty God Who was in the devil's presence.

"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Well said

Originally Posted by Jiveturkey

Amen

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Can a person obtain salvation by following Jesus?
To me, unequivocally, YES. To me, He’s the ONLY one to follow.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Can a person learn enough about salvation to obtain salvation if they completely ignore Paul's letters? I say yes.
Well, unbelievers in the first century were never asked to become Jesus’ followers through blind faith in an authoritative New Testament that didn’t even exist yet.
There were a lotta Jesus’ followers who obtained salvation before ‘any’ books of the New Testament were ever written.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Then there is the question of a missionary having the flat tire, and never getting to the native village?

I think there is some type of a "Second chance"?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I would think you a very nice well meaning man,as I find most Christians to be. I also find however that people who don't really know much about what they believe always refer to the text of what they are supposed to believe to answer simple questions about what they actually do believe.
My questions are meant to spark thought in you,not to regurgitate Paul's thoughts. If indeed God is alive in you,why must you only repeat what He told someone else 2000 years ago? Those are questions you must ask if you are to ever be really One with God.

It seems to me that your question is similar or the same to most of the questions that people ask about the authenticity of Christianity. As a Christian I can honestly say that there is absolutely nothing that another man has lived, given example of or in which someone has reflected Christ that caused me to be a Christian. I believe that a lot of people become moralists in that way but not Christians.

Unfortunately modern Christian thought equates moralism with what a Christian is to be like. That moralism is equated with holiness or being like Jesus. Compare a moral Christian to a Moral non Christian and you can’t tell the difference. Being Jesus in the world or oneness isn’t Christianity. We can’t be Jesus. We can’t live the Gospel because we aren’t and never will be the gospel. We can speak about it but we ain’t it.

What is a Christian? A sinner. A sinner that has believed that Jesus death justifies himself before God. No better or worse than another human being unless he chooses to act that way. Just a sinner. Most Christians refuse to think of themselves as such or make excuses that they may sin on occasion.

It’s no wonder that non Christians look on with The understanding that they are viewing hypocrisy. Christians walk around talking about how holy they are or implying it all the while sinning so that others can see it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Then there is the question of a missionary having the flat tire, and never getting to the native village?

No second chance.

I see a theme with some posts, the theme that its easy to get to heaven.

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Consider that these guys were equivalent to current day pastors and priest. They were granted power by God to perform miracles and cast out demons. What if your pastor cast out demons and performed miracles in front of your eyes. Would you ever believe they were on the fast track to hell?

Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

The perception by most is that God is a big huge teddy bear. They haven't read the same Bible as me.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
CT, I'm talking about people that never heard.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
CT, I'm talking about people that never heard.

Me too.

All innocent people go to heaven, no denying that. One problem, no one is innocent, no not one.

If a guilty person who has never heard the gospel can die and go to heaven then why burden them by witnessing?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from azquotes.com]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
FYI I've been a licensed ordained minister for about 20 years. I've worked exclusively for a church and taught from a pulpit.

What I see as the great fallacy of the church is that it teaches that you can never attain. In fact you attained all already if you are born again. It's hard to get people coming back though if they think they already have everything they need,so then the Church becomes a path to salvation rather than a group of already saved.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

This is an excellent example of the way that we as humans think about God’s justice and fairness can cause us to stumble and where we need to go back to scripture to see where we’re wrong.

We are all guilty of sin and have been presented everything we need to know in nature according to Romans 1.

From where does your idea that there is a “second chance” come?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I understand that perfectly. I operated that way for nearly 20 years. The question then you need to ask yourself is,"Can God speak to me separately,one on one today,rather than me getting all my answers from what he told somebody else 2000 years ago.

I'm not saying that what God said to them isn't true or relevant. What I'm saying is that you need specific instruction for your life from God today, rather than trying to live it according to what he told somebody else. The whole purpose of the whole Bible is for you to understand that you can have a one on one with God,in fact that's what he wants.

If you want to find God and understand your purpose,look inward and search for the real truth about everything.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/02/20.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I understand that perfectly. I operated that way for nearly 20 years. The question then you need to ask yourself is,"Can God speak to me separately,one on one today,rather than me getting all my answers from what he told somebody else 2000 years ago.

I'm not saying that what God said to them isn't true or relevant. What I'm saying is that you need specific instruction for your life from God today, rather than trying to live it according to what he told somebody else. The whole purpose of the whole Bible is for you to understand that you can have a one on one with God,in fact that's what he wants.

If you want to find God and understand your purpose,look inward and search for the real truth about everything.

Clark, with all due respect, God told those 2000 years ago exactly what he tells people today. The Bible hasn't changed, not one word. Want to hear what God has to say? Read the Bible.

That may be what you meant. If so I apologize.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ctsmith

Clark, with all due respect, God told those 2000 years ago exactly what he tells people today. The Bible hasn't changed, not one word. Want to hear what God has to say? Read the Bible.

That may be what you meant. If so I apologize.

You can learn a lot about God and humans by reading the Bible but if God is alive today,he's still talking and wants to lead you specifically. Too many times we seek direction from what has been said and that's not necessarily bad at all,but you have specific problems and live in a different time that requires specific direction. I would be much more interested to hear what God is telling you ,than have you tell me what he told someone else.

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,311
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.