Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
CT, I'm sure God love all of us, I'm not so sure about the, "Gay Pastors.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
God, through the Holy Spirit has revealed just the opposite to many. Who is correct?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well, if the best surgeon, mechanic, or firefighter were the choice I had, I'd take the person?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

There is somewhat of a safety in basing your decisions in what God told others to do. The problem with it however is that you are left with a book of directions and examples of what God did long ago rather than a living God in you. Read Hebrews for example.The entire theme is that there is no longer any boundary between you and God. What good is it for God to provide a way for you to stand in his presence guilt free but you would rather just read an account of what he told somebody else to do?

The usefulness of the scriptures is not as a book of God's words to you,but as a book that reveals to you a way that you can hear from God for yourself. Yes,nobody will hear the same but that's the point. Your problems and weaknesses are completely different from mine. There's no danger for the seeker of truth. There's no danger of being wrong for he who seeks what is right. Follow peace,love,joy,goodness,all of what the bible calls fruit of the Spirit and your path is always sure. The real danger is when we stand up and declare that we know God because we have read the book. Therein lies pride. I'm not telling you to throw away your bible. I'm telling you the bible is the path,rather than the destination.

Question - God revealed to the local Methodist Church to allow gay pastors. What say you?

The only thing I could tell you about anything is to follow TRUTH. Now,figuring out what TRUTH really is and separating TRUTH from opinion and personal experience is up to you. It's not as easy as it first appears and often requires deep personal examination of why you think a particular way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WTM45
What is your basis for discounting the Bible as the "foundation" of Christianity?
Those first century followers of Jesus didn’t even have the Bible, because the Bible didn’t even exist yet. But Jesus’ movement made some great strides early on ‘without’ a Bible. Jewish Christians didn’t have their lives changed by the Old Testament books that they’d been reading and studying and living by for their entire lives...! The Apostles didn’t become emboldened and stand up to the very power structure that had Jesus crucified because they were motivated by the Old Testament books that they’d been reading and studying their entire lives...! And Saul, who was the Pharisee of Pharisees, who was expert at the books of the Old Testament...and lived his life according to them...didn’t become the Apostle Paul due to those Old Testament books that his entire life was centered on...! Jesus’ Apostles...who hid and were scared after Jesus was executed...later made a remarkable change. They became emboldened, they faced and defied the very people who had Jesus crucified. It WASN’T the Old Testament that brought about this change in them, and it WASN’T any New Testament documents (which hadn’t even been written yet) that brought about this change in them. They were emboldened by something they had seen with their own eyes. They saw Jesus killed. And a few days later they had breakfast with Him on the beach...! They ALL experienced the risen Jesus. THAT is what changed their lives. For me, the faith of Christianity is tethered to the event of the Resurrection rather than the authority and inspiration or infallibility or inerrancy of the Bible. The Bible did not create Christianity. The Bible did not birth Jesus’ Church. For me, the faith is anchored to the event (the Resurrection) that sparked the movement (the Church) that brought us the Bible. To me, Christianity began on the very first Easter morning with an empty tomb...!
These people were closest to Jesus. They followed Him, they lived with Him, they learned directly from Him, and they literally ‘experienced’ life with Him while He was on earth. The foundation of *their* faith, to me, *is* the foundation of the Christian faith.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All of us are born dead and in our sins, but faith and belief in Jesus is the only answer to our sinful condition. We can opt to believe in Jesus or not.

Those who believe in Jesus are given a new birth from God. All who receive Jesus and believe in Him become children of God. John 1:12

Faith is necessary to believing in God. With faith, we will not perish (John 3:16), but without faith, we will perish. When we believe in and receive Jesus, we are destined for eternal life. The free gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe (in Him) is condemned already because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God...whoever believes on the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. John 3:18, 36

It’s our life choices, behaviors, and actions that prove God’s predictive knew-you-in-the-womb to be accurate.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
heard a guy say on the radio the other day, non-christians like to say that Jesus was a nice guy, spiritual, a lot of good teaching. but, if he claimed to be the Son of God, and really wasn't, is he still "good"?
To the first part of your comment, it seems that most non-Christians don’t have a problem with Jesus. They like Him. It’s ‘Christians’ that they have a problem with.
To the second part of your comment, even if one doesn’t believe that Jesus is the Son of God...following His teachings will make one’s life better, and following His teachings will make one better at life.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by sse
heard a guy say on the radio the other day, non-christians like to say that Jesus was a nice guy, spiritual, a lot of good teaching. but, if he claimed to be the Son of God, and really wasn't, is he still "good"?
To the first part of your comment, it seems that most non-Christians don’t have a problem with Jesus. They like Him.

Yeah they like the nice guy who heals and feeds people just like the people of His time did.

Most hate... LOATH... the one who says He is Lord of all who retains His “right” as Creator to Lordship of all His Creation... also just like the people of His time did before they hung Him on a cross.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Belief relating to the god of the bible underwent modifications over time, the god of early OT times is not the same as later times, and quite different to the NT descriptions. People create their gods in the images of their hopes, fears and desires. Which still happens.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Yeah they like the nice guy who heals and feeds people just like the people of His time did.
Regardless of whatever you think their reasons are, non-Christian people nowadays don’t seem to have a problem with Jesus. They do however seem to have a problem with ‘Christians’.
Originally Posted by efw
Most hate... LOATH... the one who says He is Lord of all who retains His “right” as Creator to Lordship of all His Creation... also just like the people of His time did before they hung Him on a cross.
I have not found that to be the case with non-Christian people nowadays at all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Belief relating to the god of the bible underwent modifications over time, the god of early OT times is not the same as later times, and quite different to the NT descriptions. People create their gods in the images of their hopes, fears and desires. Which still happens.

Completely wrong! God never changes.

“I am the Lord, I do not change.” Malachi 3:6. Men change, God doesn’t. For 4,000 years, the Jews represent a memorial to the unchanging nature of God.

God has always been, and always will be, and will always remain the same. Men either follow God or follow their own devices.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from events.rhema.org]

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by DBT

“I am the Lord, I do not change.” Malachi 3:6. Men change, God doesn’t. For 4,000 years, the Jews represent a memorial to the unchanging nature of God.

God has always been, and always will be, and will always remain the same. Men either follow God or follow their own devices.

That belief about the nature of God changed over time is not wrong. It is there for anyone to see and read. A tribal god, a god of war (verses say this) morphed into a God of Love. There are clear and undeniable differences in the nature of god between books.

To deny this requires cherry picking of verses, ignoring verses that do not conform with one's preferred image of God.

Last edited by DBT; 09/02/20.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm thrilled good Christian men. This is a splendid thread.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by DBT

That belief about the nature of God changed over time is not wrong. It is there for anyone to see and read. A tribal god, a god of war (verses say this) morphed into a God of Love. There are clear and undeniable differences in the nature of god between books.

To deny this requires cherry picking of verses, ignoring verses that do not conform with one's preferred image of God.

Just keep following your own devices. Atta boy.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
The only thing that has ever become clear to me,is that no one has ever changed their mind in these so called discussions. All anyone wants is to give their opinion and whoever is the loudest usually considers himself the winner.

Ive read some enlightening scripture i hadnt remembered.

I had forgotten some of this. The scripture is good for correction. Humm.

From infancy you have known.... Humm.,

…15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/02/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
This is a splendid thread.
Agreed. I enjoy all of the genuine engagement about this subject matter. Differences of opinion and interpretation are not a bad thing, they’re just a thing.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx
[

…15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.

Paul wrote that. It doesn't count.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by jaguartx
”From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.”
Paul wrote that. It doesn't count.
It counts if ya’ want it to. It doesn’t have to count if ya’ don’t want it to.

Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

460 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 40 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,168
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.