Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from achristianpilgrim.files.wordpress.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
Do you operate with this personal relationship/experience being the means of obtaining knowledge of God and growing spiritually?
It is a means of obtaining knowledge of God and growing spiritually. Obtaining knowledge of God and growing spiritually isn’t only accomplished through the Bible.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Without the Bible, who is Jesus?

"For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven." (Psalm 119:89) He'd still be God

Amen. Great post, and thanks for it.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Happy_Camper,

I started watching your posted movie. When they started trying to convince us Jesus changed His mind about baptism I turned it off. Jesus told us at the end of Matthew to make disciples by baptizing them. At the end of Mark Jesus told us one who believes and is baptized will be saved. Most certainly He the Creator of Salvation knows what He requires of His creation.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Happy_Camper,

I started watching your posted movie. When they started trying to convince us Jesus changed His mind about baptism I turned it off. Jesus told us at the end of Matthew to make disciples by baptizing them. At the end of Mark Jesus told us one who believes and is baptized will be saved. Most certainly He the Creator of Salvation knows what He requires of His creation.

Ringman,

I'm trying to think of the places that you're talking about. Can you give me the minute mark on the movie and the exact references you are talking about? I think I know which matthew and mark quote, but need to be sure since there's so many versions that differ.
When I have time, I'll take a look at them.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from achristianpilgrim.files.wordpress.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

There is somewhat of a safety in basing your decisions in what God told others to do. The problem with it however is that you are left with a book of directions and examples of what God did long ago rather than a living God in you. Read Hebrews for example.The entire theme is that there is no longer any boundary between you and God. What good is it for God to provide a way for you to stand in his presence guilt free but you would rather just read an account of what he told somebody else to do?

The usefulness of the scriptures is not as a book of God's words to you,but as a book that reveals to you a way that you can hear from God for yourself. Yes,nobody will hear the same but that's the point. Your problems and weaknesses are completely different from mine. There's no danger for the seeker of truth. There's no danger of being wrong for he who seeks what is right. Follow peace,love,joy,goodness,all of what the bible calls fruit of the Spirit and your path is always sure. The real danger is when we stand up and declare that we know God because we have read the book. Therein lies pride. I'm not telling you to throw away your bible. I'm telling you the bible is the path,rather than the destination.

Question - God revealed to the local Methodist Church to allow gay pastors. What say you?

The only thing I could tell you about anything is to follow TRUTH. Now,figuring out what TRUTH really is and separating TRUTH from opinion and personal experience is up to you. It's not as easy as it first appears and often requires deep personal examination of why you think a particular way.

Sorry I missed this. So if a homosexual, after much self examination, decides his truth is that homosexuality is not a sin, even though the Bible specifically condemns it, then its not a sin? Wow. This Christianity thing is easy. If God reveals to my heart that these liberal scumbags need to die, and after much personal examination of why I feel this way, I determine its right. I kill them. Its all good? I'm sure at least one of the child molesting Catholic Priest felt in his heart that it was justified. The others didn't. So it was not a sin for him but it was for the others? That verse about the narrow gate and those entering will be few, that isn't my truth, therefore it isn't so. In other words, edit scripture according to what your heart tells you after self examination.

I hope I misunderstood you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry I missed this. So if a homosexual decides his truth is that homosexuality is not a sin, even though the Bible specifically condemns it, then its not a sin? Wow. This Christianity thing is easy. If God reveals to my heart that these liberal scumbags need to die, and after much personal examination of why I feel this way, I determine its right. I kill them. Its all good? I'm sure at least one of the child molesting Catholic Priest felt in his heart that it was justified. The others didn't. So it was not a sin for him but it was for the others. That verse about the narrow gate and those entering will be few, that isn't my truth, therefore it isn't so. In other words, edit scripture according to what your heart tells you.
Well now, what if the homo reads Paul and understands that no one, not one is righteous and by faith accepts Jesus? Is he saved by the sacrifice of Jesus.? Is his ransom paid even though he is too weak to leave his unnatural life?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Ringman.

I agree that we should do what Jesus requires of us.
Since I posted 2 movies, the first was, Eternal or Not.
The other was on the history of the New Testament .
I might be wrong but I'm guessing that you are referring to the first one. I don't remember where anyone said that Jesus changed His mind about baptism. There were lots of interviews so sorry that I missed that. Are you sure that it wasn't one of the introductory religions, since they went to source documents for everything explaining Morman beliefs to Budhism?

I'm using the KJV and looking at Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-20
I think that you are talking about 16:16
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;"

Do you believe that water baptism is a work required of the believer or baby for salvation?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Hastings
Sorry I missed this. So if a homosexual decides his truth is that homosexuality is not a sin, even though the Bible specifically condemns it, then its not a sin? Wow. This Christianity thing is easy. If God reveals to my heart that these liberal scumbags need to die, and after much personal examination of why I feel this way, I determine its right. I kill them. Its all good? I'm sure at least one of the child molesting Catholic Priest felt in his heart that it was justified. The others didn't. So it was not a sin for him but it was for the others. That verse about the narrow gate and those entering will be few, that isn't my truth, therefore it isn't so. In other words, edit scripture according to what your heart tells you.
Well now, what if the homo reads Paul and understands that no one, not one is righteous and by faith accepts Jesus? Is he saved by the sacrifice of Jesus.? Is his ransom paid even though he is too weak to leave his unnatural life?

I can't correlate your statement to my question. I am asking if it is NOT a sin if your heart says its not, even though its contradictory to scripture. You are asking if a person can be saved if living in a pattern of sin. We are told by John, in 1st John, (and by others in scripture as well), that anyone who lives in a pattern of sin is not saved.

everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. 8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's[b] seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Satan underwent as much transformation as God, from an angel/son of god playing the role of adversary in the old testament, to the Devil fighting against God in the Christian theology.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
DT, since you dont love GOD, what does it matter to you.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm having difficulty with my faith these days.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fatcity67,

What's seems to be the difficulty?

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
DT, since you dont love GOD, what does it matter to you.

It's interesting as history. The story of Judaism and Christianity is interesting. The same with Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
one thing I've noticed in my life is that when I've been in a bind, is that things always work out for me.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't correlate your statement to my question. I am asking if it is NOT a sin if your heart says its not, even though its contradictory to scripture. You are asking if a person can be saved if living in a pattern of sin. We are told by John, in 1st John, (and by others in scripture as well), that anyone who lives in a pattern of sin is not saved.
everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. 8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's[b] seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
Everyone has sinned and fallen short. Let me ask in another way. If a man really believes in Jesus and accepts him through faith but goes into a rage one day and completely out of character kills his neighbor in a dispute. And then admits to God he was wrong. Does he get to keep his salvation? I am sure there are a lot of people who believe Jesus was who he claimed to be and accept him by faith, but in moments of weakness go AWOL. Just wondering what you think. You know King David had a lot of trouble keeping it between the ditches.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
one thing I've noticed in my life is that when I've been in a bind, is that things always work out for me.
Why do you think that is stxhunter...? To what do you attribute that to...?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antlers

simple, Faith

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
simple, Faith
Strong work. 👊🏻

Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 22 invisible), 1,690 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,973
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.