Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My mother lives with my sister in Sumner, WA. She says they have fires all around them and there're fears they might have to evacuate. 8 houses burned in a small town 15 miles from them. Today is the 1st I've heard about it because all the news is about the CA fires.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dammit. My family cabin area is being evacuated. The Feather River canyon is well known for high winds.

I'm two hours away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saw on the news there is a fire just out of Oregon City caused by an exploding transformer. Happened so fast a bunch of people had to just jump in their rigs and take off- couldn't save anything.... it was marching up those canyons pretty fast... this is insane what is happening here. I'm 67 and I've never seen anything like it .....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Steve
Few minutes ago. Smoke from the Santiam fire working its way up the valley.

[Linked Image]

pretty much the same, if not worse and thicker down here....

Thanks for posting Steve...gives a visual idea of what is happening here in Oregon...

Wonder if its bad enough that Antifa will take a night off with NLM in Potland... heard they got loose in Salem last night...

I read the the town of Phoenix was impacted pretty badly by that fire. They had planes dropping retardant in the city limits.

there isn't much to the town of Phoenix OR, but all of that is blocked off.. I 5 and old US 99.... if you are heading home, they even have that option closed off to the people who live there trying to get home...its bad.... but it is close to being as bad as it was down in California last year or so.... that lead to Paradise CA being pretty much burned to the ground... this isn't way out in the Woods.. all of these are real close to cities limits, and down south of Medford... Ashland, Phoenix and Talent, its in the city limits...

This stuff is no joke this time around...and it ain't pretty...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just drove down to where I could see the smoke and glow from the fire south of us. As long as the wind doesn't shift I think we'll be okay. About 3-4 miles as the crow flies.

https://twitter.com/TVFR/status/1303520415344553985

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Do have a few essentials packed in case we get a midnight phone call.

Carpe' Scrotum
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
View from the top of Bald Peak looking towards the Coast Range.

[Linked Image]

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Morewood
Dammit. My family cabin area is being evacuated. The Feather River canyon is well known for high winds.

I'm two hours away.

Hope all works out for the area and your cabin.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My nephew lives in south Medford, a few blocks east of the new South Medford high school - and he is under level 3 evacuation. This is not a suburb, but actually in town. Sounds like the fire started in south Ashland and burned north up I-5 and old Hwy 99, through Talent and Phoenix and now approaching the outskirts of south Medford. They were making air drops with helicopters, a DC 9 and a DC 10 - in fairly populated areas.

We have no known fires close by, but due to the smoke wouldn't know it unless it was within a 1/4 of a mile. We have a written evac plan and have implemented that.

Last edited by logger; 09/08/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
14 firefighters entrapped and burned over in the Dolan fire, near Big Sur.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am just north of Springfield, on the McKenzie River. It sound like everything between Blue River and Vida is gone. We’re on Lower Camp Creek, it sounds like the fire split north (Mohawk River) and south ( Fall Creek and Lowell). No power here for the second day, and level 2 for us. Long night ahead, stay safe folks...

Charlie

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Steve, Thanks for the pics. That's quite the sky. Please keep'em coming.

I hope you all make out ok. Stay safe.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
25 hours later...Let there be light 💡

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Borchardt
35 mph wind - hah. We had 140, every light pole in Lake Charles, LA is down. All 7 high voltage lines that feed us is “catastrophically damaged”. Been two weeks Wednesday and I’m being told 4-6 more before it’s restored.

My cousin lives a little north of you and hopes she will get power next week. Did you get that yard ornament fixed and running again?

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mandatory evac notice last night for the area about 4 miles south of us. Wind still blowing the fire away from us. Still to dark to see much, but the entire sky is orange from the smoke.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is unbelievable. Hope your luck holds out Steve. My family in southern Oregon has evacuated. Just so sad....

Sean
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Fire officials say that it's still out of control but only three structures have been lost and none of them are houses.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
hope you guys up north make it thru all of this alright.... Sun is up down here this morning and I'm seeing blue sky .. haven't had on the news this morning to see how the Fire Dept's made out on these fires last night.. went to bed about 11 'ish...

Jackson County was getting the worst of it all...but listening to constant reports last night, all of these fires kept popping up, all the "Bear Creek Greenway" which is a long walk way, running back and forth along or beside I 5...plenty of transients like in that 20 mile long stretch of walk way, "back in the bushes".. listening to Police Dispatch from the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, these fires were popping up like they entire event was being orchestrated...

I believe Antifa and BLm has been down here on standby, waiting for opportunities.. under the condition we have, it wouldn't take much to start one of these fires...big fire last year just 40 miles north of here along I 5 was started by some transient who was trying to heat up a can of spaghetti-Os, that burned more than a couple thousand acres..

Medford South, must look like downtown Potlandia this morning...but a lot of this was thru residential areas...then there were reports of a couple of Parks along the Rogue River had fires start around 10 to 10:30... again close to if not right off of I 5...easy insert and egress locations...then an open area where people bike & hike and then bird hunt during season.. land that was part of a military training base locally during WW 2, Camp White...over grown vegitation in what is just open fields with few trees within it...public land... Police Scanner, dispatchers kept speaking about being over stretched..

I believe ths Police Dispatch was being monitored as this went along and had people starting another.. like they were speaking about Ashland ( to the south) and then suddenly some one was calling in with one starting at the north end.. then West and then east...

antifa and BLm have saying they will stretch out to rural Oregon...and they have been making attempts... they were chased out of Rogue River just last weekend...Fires else where up and down the west side of the state also, has me thinking, we aren't the only ones... I wonder if conditions keep up, if Josephine County's turn isn't tonight...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BIL property is still under serious threat in Colton, OR

He just txt’d the wife, saying, fire crews can’t fight the fire with this wind.

He works for the Sheriffs dept and gets good updates.

Not great news.

😎

“Molon Labe”
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
BIL property is still under serious threat in Colton, OR

He just txt’d the wife, saying, fire crews can’t fight the fire with this wind.

He works for the Sheriffs dept and gets good updates.

Not great news.

😎

Yeah, the wind is killing it. I think we got the better part of the day before it stops. Then I'm concerned it will then be up wind from us.

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 1minute, 1moredeer, 60 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,863
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.