Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 34 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 33 34
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Robb10238
II just heard my pastors daughter in law lost one of her parents in the fire and her 12 yo brother panicked when the house caught fire and ran into the woods that were ablaze. No word on if they can even search for him or his body yet. I got a call from a friend who is helping at the state fair grounds which is where folks took the horses they could get out and she said they needed wheelbarrows and pitchforks since everyone lost all their gear in the fire. Went to the feed store and bought wheelbarrows and forks and took them over and as soon as I stopped they grabbed the things and started cleaning stalls. They are trying to find a vet who is open to come treat burns and injuries suffered during the fire and evacuation. I saw all that and decided I have a few gun projects that need to go to a new home to raise some money for a little assistance to these poor people.

Where did this happen?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I just heard my pastors daughter in law lost one of her parents in the fire and her 12 yo brother panicked when the house caught fire and ran into the woods that were ablaze. No word on if they can even search for him or his body yet. I got a call from a friend who is helping at the state fair grounds which is where folks took the horses they could get out and she said they needed wheelbarrows and pitchforks since everyone lost all their gear in the fire. Went to the feed store and bought wheelbarrows and forks and took them over and as soon as I stopped they grabbed the things and started cleaning stalls. They are trying to find a vet who is open to come treat burns and injuries suffered during the fire and evacuation. I saw all that and decided I have a few gun projects that need to go to a new home to raise some money for a little assistance to these poor people.

We read about that last night. Wasn't this up northern Oregon somewhere?

LOL
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I just heard my pastors daughter in law lost one of her parents in the fire and her 12 yo brother panicked when the house caught fire and ran into the woods that were ablaze. No word on if they can even search for him or his body yet. I got a call from a friend who is helping at the state fair grounds which is where folks took the horses they could get out and she said they needed wheelbarrows and pitchforks since everyone lost all their gear in the fire. Went to the feed store and bought wheelbarrows and forks and took them over and as soon as I stopped they grabbed the things and started cleaning stalls. They are trying to find a vet who is open to come treat burns and injuries suffered during the fire and evacuation. I saw all that and decided I have a few gun projects that need to go to a new home to raise some money for a little assistance to these poor people.

Dang. Sorry to hear this.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Santiam fire outside of Lyons.

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/st...night-but-were-not-out-woods/5754242002/

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Another fire started at the Medford airport just a few minutes ago. Already threatening Costco.

Last edited by Fireball2; 09/09/20.

LOL
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Any Clackamas County fire info appreciated.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Any confirmation that Cave Junction area is being evacuated?

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A friend who lives in Redland outside Oregon City had to evacuate this morning in a hurry. He's not sure if his place is going to survive but he was able to relocate his horses and cows before he left but not his chickens.... Kentucky fried when he gets home, I guess....

This is insane....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
We're on level 2 evacuation notice. Only problem is, where the hell do you go? Fires to the east, west, north, and south of us.

Good luck man.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Sheister
A friend who lives in Redland outside Oregon City had to evacuate this morning in a hurry. He's not sure if his place is going to survive but he was able to relocate his horses and cows before he left but not his chickens.... Kentucky fried when he gets home, I guess....

This is insane....

Bob

Just been going through local news sources for the Clackamas County stuff. Pretty much everything I knew growing up is ablaze, evacuated or in threat.

Some elderly family left thier home, went 20 miles to Carus area then got directed to leave there. Trying West Linn. They're safe, but property sure ain't. There are a hell of a lot of individual fires. Libral, Carus, Redland, Whilhoit, Hillock, Clackamas River, Santiam, Scio, SOME Bitch. Several more too.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm going to believe they've been set until it's proven otherwise.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Some jackweed in a Suburu blocking fire response trucks. People responses- Shoot him, run him over.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve

Santiam fire outside of Lyons.

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/st...night-but-were-not-out-woods/5754242002/

Little boy died.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Takes a few minutes to download and activate,but this map is very interesting..Unfortunately, I am now in a green area. Light snow falling now,or at least it looks like snow.

https://gis.co.linn.or.us/portal/apps/View/index.html?appid=46e1d572cc414cdfaa002f4af75ba614

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Some jackweed in a Suburu blocking fire response trucks. People responses- Shoot him, run him over.

I doubt any fire truck with a standard issue bumper would hesitate to push that fugger out of the way, preferably down a cliff. Son's rural station uses theirs to crash gates if it is impeding egress to a fire. When they do site visits, they tell the locked gate owners they will crash them if they don't get a key or combination, most give them a way to open vs ram their gate. Some need to be told it isn't just your home they are protecting if they need access to get ON their land. We have plenty of city folk who get a 5 acre parceled home and learn they need to maintain their property vs just letting grass/ weeds grow to feed a fire.

Prayers for all affected, bad news on the folks lost.

And welcome back Steve, hope all is well.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Just returned from moving cows for a friend in the 2 4 2 fire area, hauled water food and clothing this morning! Now I see more fires popping up on the west side! I sure hope the wind dies down, and fighters get a handle on this madness!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just saw video of Detriot on the news. Looks like my cousin's restaurant, The Cedars, is gone as well as large sections of town.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My response of controlled burning last night was out of line. I did not realize the seriousness of these fires at that time. Prayers for safety and protection of all!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just read the link above and it clarified a few things. The boy died as did his grandmother while mom is critical. Dad was gone to find a generator since he had heard high winds were coming and possible power outages. I can not imagine his grief, regret and hurt.

Last edited by Robb10238; 09/09/20.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GeoW
My response of controlled burning last night was out of line. I did not realize the seriousness of these fires at that time. Prayers for safety and protection of all!

g

It's a strong man that will admit error, especially around here. wink

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 11 of 34 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,890
Posts18,518,307
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.