Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 34 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 33 34
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Fireball2
All over southern Oregon we have fires blowing up right now. The town of Ashland is literally on fire. People trapped on the roof, houses burning, WTF. The authorities are saying stay out, but facebook is blowing up. Yesterday we had clear skies and nothing. Today we had forecasts of 50 mph wind gusts and suddenly the whole world is on fire? We got fires scattered over 40-50 miles, no thunderstorms.

Anybody know what's going on?

burning all the way from San Bernadino to Washington state. hot, dry, windy.

Correction Friend.
Basically from the Mexican Border to the Canadian one.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7150/

Waiting for an update on that one. Winds were at 29 mph this morning and humidity still below 20% at 0500. Got down in the single digit humidity there today, but winds lessened and look to have somewhat blown back on the burned area.

I'm expecting close to 25K acres by now if it follows historical patterns down there and tomorrow and Fri the E wind kicks back in.

Last edited by Valsdad; 09/09/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Anyone have a wind update? How long until onshore flow returns? The east wind is huge in this regardless of the cause.

Looks like the wind will be dying down and changing direction tomorrow and the next day in the Detroit area, Mollala area about the same I believe.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.7357&lon=-122.1508

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Did Roy’s wife light his balls on fire?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Anyone have a wind update? How long until onshore flow returns? The east wind is huge in this regardless of the cause.

Looks like the wind will be dying down and changing direction tomorrow and the next day in the Detroit area, Mollala area about the same I believe.

Lets hope...Starting to get sporty around here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I see some smoke . Are we being fire attacked too?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Thanks man! Hope so.

Buddy just reported for work, Clackamas Co fire. "Fires everywhere."

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Cheering and high fives while watching a live feed eventually showing that our family cabin still stands, sadness for the families that lost their homes.

Once again, a wildfire has touched my family. Son and family went through the hell that was Paradise in the Camp Fire two years ago.

Fire is a capricious thing.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Windfall
It just seems to me that if we can afford a Space Force, we should be able to afford a fire force. Instead of moving all the military planes out of harms way, why can’t we retrofit some of them with water and fire retardant dropping capability? We are paying for those aircraft and pilots anyway just sitting there. Why not? I can’t imagine the frustration of being a fire fighter out there on the line in those temperatures with nothing but a shovel or a hoe facing that kind of extensive fire in those rugged conditions.

Originally Posted by Windfall
It just seems to me that if we can afford a Space Force, we should be able to afford a fire force. Instead of moving all the military planes out of harms way, why can’t we retrofit some of them with water and fire retardant dropping capability? We are paying for those aircraft and pilots anyway just sitting there. Why not? I can’t imagine the frustration of being a fire fighter out there on the line in those temperatures with nothing but a shovel or a hoe facing that kind of extensive fire in those rugged conditions.

Heck yeah

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Go here and look it up.
Its the same sensors and tools of the trade that the meteorologists use.

https://www.ventusky.com

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Look it is fugk face Camper Steelhead .

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm going to believe they've been set until it's proven otherwise.

I haven't read this while thread so I apologize if this is a repeat but it sounds like a bunch of ANTIFA have been arrested in NorCal and Southern Oregon for arson.

Both states are calling back a lot of retired fire incident commanders. This whole situation is for real.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Grimm news, windy, Estacada evacuations.

That's about 10 miles from another fure in the Elmwood /Dodge/Hillock Burn area a couple of miles upwind, over a ridge of brush, of the place I was raised. Doubt my old man would fair well if'n he lost the place.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by T_Inman

I haven't read this while thread so I apologize if this is a repeat but it sounds like a bunch of ANTIFA have been arrested in NorCal and Southern Oregon for arson.

Both states are calling back a lot of retired fire incident commanders. This whole situation is for real.

JFC....

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Prayers for the folks in the cross hairs.

Although not in the family anymore, I hear that the big mountain A-frame house my grandfather hand-built outside of Silverton, Or could be in danger.

I spent SO many summers in Silverton and it still holds a special place in my heart.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by duck911
Prayers for the folks in the cross hairs.

Although not in the family anymore, I hear that the big mountain A-frame house my grandfather hand-built outside of Silverton, Or could be in danger.

I spent SO many summers in Silverton and it still holds a special place in my heart.

My high school buddy in Silverton is on level 2, just waiting for the go order. I told him he's welcome here too.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Fuggen fires all over the western side of the state. Usually it's the east that gets the brunt of fire season. These fires are antifa set, bet on it! I want to know when the police will look the other way and let the citizens take out the trash.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T_Inman

I can verify that at this point.. knowing some folks who in LE around here.. they are confirming that...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This time of year, western Oregon is usually pretty dry but not bony. California seems to be tinder every year, fully Med cycle -- you'll notice that there was a big fire in Greece that wiped out a refugee camp. That's eastern Med.
But there have been lots of mortalities and very little done to remove fuels or break them up with defensible clearcuts or new growth or something besides what is called "contiguous fuels." Oh, gosh, this is horrible. I've been all over western Oregon and it makes me sick to be hearing about this.
I certainly hope, if it's learned and confirmed that arsonists did these...it's not a misdemeanor, but FELONY.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No more schit talk from jackmountain and the rest now.

LOL
Page 13 of 34 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,885 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,993
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.