Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 34 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 33 34
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Santiam
Marcola, just over the ridge from me is under threat tonight..Fire is very close..

Jesus, my hunting buddy's mom and dad live in Marcola.

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Medford Police saying, "We did not arrest this person for arson, nor anyone affiliated with Antifa or “Proud Boys” as we’ve heard throughout the day. Also, no confirmed gatherings of Antifa which has also been reported."

https://www.facebook.com/MedfordPoliceOR/posts/1496916293848945

Carpe' Scrotum
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What the heck is wrong with you? Oregon is a freaking awesome state. Too many people is phucqking it up. People suck, not Oregon. Damn.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
What the heck is wrong with you? Oregon is a freaking awesome state. Too many people is phucqking it up. People suck, not Oregon. Damn.

Why don’t you live there?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by deflave

There's too many people.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by longarm
Seafire
Do you have a link to the arrest made of the arsonist?

Long arm, no I don't.. I can tell you that they would have been arrested around 4 Pm in Jackson County...on the border of Medford and Central Point city limits... I'd bet they would be listed on tomorrow's Jackson County Sheriff's reports, unless he was taken in and put somewhere by the Feds... its leaking out from some of the cops supposedly, the Feds are down here and making these fires all Federal..

The person arrested, that was mentioned during a break on talk radio locally, that started the fire near Costco..

"supposedly' they had about 5 to 7 Antifa types in custody this morning before 8 Am...

people know the numbers, but those in the know aren't talking publicly yet...

I doubt if they want to play their hand yet...wonder if like me, they are thinking this is far from over...
it wasn't a one night stand kind of thing...

Hell they may even lay low for a week or so, and then pop up again somewhere else ..

three folks in their 20s tried to kidnap a kid from a park down in Cave Junction on Monday, the car had out of state plates and they were caught and lodged in the JoCo Jail.. the kid was only 5 years old...wonder if that was just coincidence or they were part of some of these Antifa NLM people down from Potlandia...

A couple years ago there was someone up here starting fires, caught him, never heard another word...It turned out to be a muzzie, never heard another word about it.
One pos can cause alot of damage in shorttime.
Prayers to all.

Last edited by 673; 09/10/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whole thing gives me heartburn. Sorry for all y'alls losses. Prayers for all affected.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

There's too many people.

Oh.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steve
Medford Police saying, "We did not arrest this person for arson, nor anyone affiliated with Antifa or “Proud Boys” as we’ve heard throughout the day. Also, no confirmed gatherings of Antifa which has also been reported."

https://www.facebook.com/MedfordPoliceOR/posts/1496916293848945

They have their orders I am sure..... but people, have been hearing contrary according to broadcasts picked up on police radio scanners...and if it not arson, how in the heck did all of these fires start up and down an interurban walkway over a 20 mile stretch? running north to south, when winds are blowing east to west...

kinda obvious, regardless of what Medford PD is saying on their FB page.....

its arson, so its a fast moving arsonist, or a gang of firebugs, or its Antifa... take your pick...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Back to the fires...The Slater Butte/Happy Camp fire, Arson? Antifa connection?...I would be astonished if this proved to be anything other than gusty winds on an exposed peak radio repeater site, a poorly maintained power line. It is on a dead end road, heavy brush, no recreation, known locally as a good place to road hunt when it's raining or snowing. As of 18:00 last nite it burned 90,000 acres in 36 hours.
The Medford to Ashland string of fires? That's another story, heavily populated, high homeless population..the Bear Cr Greenway is a homeless refuge, the So Oregon U. is and has always been a cesspool of liberal activism, you can bet the farm that there are plenty of people there with ties to Antifa. SOU was hand in glove with the green activists that were tree sitting and spiking logs to halt logging operations a few years back.
But, as with many of my opinions, you need to know that I thought there was no way in hell Obummer would get a second term.

Last edited by flintlocke; 09/10/20.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seafire,

Not saying some aren't arson. Likely some are. Some are also other causes. We had powerlines arcing in the wind storm on Monday up wind from us. Could hear them as our power flickered. Thank God it didn't start one otherwise we'd have likely had the house and timber burn.

There is a fire just west of us that they know was a powerline. Not sure about the Chehalem-Bald Peak fire that is 3 miles from us. But its all private land and I'd be willing to bet it was someone doing some field work as it started in a hay field.

I think that part of the Santiam fire was started by lightning a few days before the East wind picked up.

Carpe' Scrotum
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Sickler confirmed that investigators have recovered one body connected to the Almeda Fire — found near the origin of the fire in north Ashland — and that death is now the subject of an "active criminal investigation." There are no answers yet as to how the death happened or who it was, and Sickler said that "nothing has been ruled out."

https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/S...m-Almeda-Fire-more-likely-572364341.html

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Steve, it is heartbreaking to see the video of Detroit. I've eaten at The Cedars many times and met cousin Dave years ago when we were both kids and we spend a lot of time fishing and skiing on Detroit Lake. We were planning on spending last weekend at the City of Sisters Creekside Campground but something inside told me to stay close to home so we moved the reservations to sometime in October. Had we gone we would have came through Detroit and all those other destroyed towns just hours before the fires exploded. It is wrenching to see the way those folks lives have been torn apart.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by logger
Just had an update on the Archie Creek fire 13 miles to the north of us. It consumed 72,000 acres of forest land in 12 hours.

I hope you're making it through unscathed Logger.

We are worried about a wind shift later this afternoon. After that the weather pattern starts a beneficial shift with west winds likely to bring more humidity and perhaps even some drizzle at the beginning of the week. We are prepared as we can be, but the real challenge right now is visibility - or the lack there of. We couldn't see a fire at the bottom of our south meadow - less than a 1/2 mile away. I brought our fire trailer up to the house and its ready to go. One slight advantage we have is that we knew when we built here that fire was our major vulnerability. A lot of the other places being devastated could not have reasonably expected to be overrun by a fast moving fire. Our house/shop was built with fire in mind. Hardie Plank siding, metal roof, no wood decks, mowed clearings on two sides, no trees on one side, 100 ft to the treed BLM boundary to the west, underground power lines, 7000 gallons of underground water and 4 large pressure tanks to push the water if needed. It is times like this, however, when you get increased clarity as to what more can be done. If we get through this ok, this fall/winter will be spent pushing our fire boundaries out away from the house/shop area. Time does move slowly when we are just in a wait mode.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The Cedars is owned (was) by my cousin's family. My great aunt Audrey and uncle Earl Layman started it at the old town site. It got moved to the new location when the dam was put in. I worked there the Summer of '76 as a dish washer for Bob and Bernice Layman. It was a great summer, girls, woods, lake, water skiing (I never got the hang of it). Their son Dave took it over and ran it until a few years ago when it passed to his kids.

My heart goes out to everyone.

Just damn....Very sorry, Steve.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Marcola, just over the ridge from me is under threat tonight..Fire is very close..

Marcola is still there.. The wind is laying down and becoming more westerly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Fireball2
No more schit talk from jackmountain and the rest now.
jackmountain is nothing but a stupid POS.

Pardon Ethan, you've forgotten cousin phucqker.

At least I didn't have to travel to another country and buy a wife?

Ok, jack, keep telling yourself you're not a doosh.

Still didn't need an interpreter on my honeymoon.

JFC,
Do I have to separate you twos?

😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Marcola is still there.. The wind is laying down and becoming more westerly.

I just talked to him. He said they were under Level I and ready to go.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10

JFC,
Do I have to separate you twos?

😬😎

Not the time to entertain fools Beaver. Only an a s s hole would come on a thread like this and be a prick.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
All kinds of unsubstantiated info regarding people arrested being heard on the scanner.

LOL
Page 16 of 34 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 51 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,899
Posts18,518,456
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.