Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Salty303
So the fires are all about race wars? You guys are off your fuggin rocker. Take all the people out of the west coast and you'd still have 98% the area burned. This is about mother nature.

They're about the same thing that all of the looting and rioting are about. In case you haven't noticed, a lot of schitt is going on across the country,..a *hell* of a lot of it in Oregon. They've been burning businesses, homes, and trying to burn police stations. Basically, they've been burning anything that they can get to burn.

If the Communists radicals aren't responsible for many of the forest fires in Oregon, it's only because the idea didn't occur to them.

I strongly suspect that it occurred to them.

An eastern tenderfoot pretending to known something about NW forests and fire. Laffin

MT burnt like this in 1988 and 2000. Nothing new.

Now we know the opinion of the Campfire Communist faction.

Ya I have lived it and seen it first hand. I’m sure you have not.

That's why your brains have been turned to schitt.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm no meteorologist but I've lived around forest fires all my life. Single digit percentage humidity, hot relentless winds gusting to 60mph and hundreds of lightening strikes makes for unfightable fires. You can't get an aircraft near a fire storm the winds are extremely unpredictable at that point the fires actually make their own wind storms and upwellings on top of that. We had those kind of conditions in BC in 2018 and although there is no Antifa up here 3 million acres burned up.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
And a lot of fires were started by people here. Some careless and some on purpose.

And most were not.

One is to many, if you don't understand that, you've lost all reasoning ability!

Agreed , but it’s a fact of life in the west this time of year. If you haven’t seen it in the past you have not lived in the PNW very long.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm no meteorologist but I've lived around forest fires all my life. Single digit percentage humidity, hot relentless winds gusting to 60mph and hundreds of lightening strikes makes for unfightable fires. You can't get an aircraft near a fire storm the winds are extremely unpredictable at that point the fires actually make their own wind storms and upwellings on top of that. We had those kind of conditions in BC in 2018 and although there is no Antifa up here 3 million acres burned up.

This

But it much easier to post my BIL’s sister’s cousin’s mother’s friend heard it on the scanner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Police have arrested 2 that I’ve heard of here in WA. Sounds like both were small road side/median fires. 2 more local fires were homeless camps.

I’m sure there are many more. Seriously doubt the BLM set are lightzing remote wilderness fires though. Their world ends at the last street light.

It’s looking like the zombie apocalypse out here this AM. Most of it is from the large wildfires in OR and Cali.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I heard over a million acres have burned in Oregon this time.

558,000 acres burned in 2012 in Oregon and that was considered a massive fire.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There's a firebug been setting ones here, but no telling motivation.

MAGA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Police have arrested several arsonists and are investigating several fires as arson, but don't believe the conspiracy theories, Goys. All these fires are natural events.

What a bunch of fuucking morons.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
And a lot of fires were started by people here. Some careless and some on purpose.

And most were not.

One is to many, if you don't understand that, you've lost all reasoning ability!

Agreed , but it’s a fact of life in the west this time of year. If you haven’t seen it in the past you have not lived in the PNW very long.

I was born here 70 years ago this month! I have seen and fought fire! Not being here you have no idea of what is happening this year. Fires starting short distances from major roads, with no powerlines near, ect! Experiencing something and speculation are two different worlds. Our governor hasn't even called up the National Guard to help! She would loose control of her communist agenda! I could go on but it would be falling on deaf ears!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I could go on but it would be falling on deaf ears!

Well, in fairness, this is the Campfire.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On Monday when the wind really picked up the power sagged and you could hear arcing inside the house. Now luckily it didn't start a fire as we would have been down wind. Instead the closest fire to us was down wind 3 miles.

PGE shut down power all along the HWY 26 corridor up to the other side of Mt. Hood. They did that because of the fire danger. Why they didn't along all the passes, I don't know. They're probably second guessing it.

Hell, I knew what could happen and posted about it.

Now there might be a couple of arson fires, no doubt. But I'm gonna bet that the VAST majority of them are going to be power line caused.

We have the conditions for these type of conflagrations every 50 years or so. See the Tillamook Burn, 1910 fire, the Yellow Stone fire, etc... It ain't global warming and it ain't Antifa. Despite what DU, 4chan, or some know nothing in Kentucky might think.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This

But it much easier to post my BIL’s sister’s cousin’s mother’s friend heard it on the scanner.

Yep.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I heard over a million acres have burned in Oregon this time.

558,000 acres burned in 2012 in Oregon and that was considered a massive fire.

Not sure about Oregon, but it's not an unlikely occurrence in Cali

2017 Combined YTD (CALFIRE & US Forest Service) 9,133 1,248,606

2018 Combined YTD (CALFIRE & US Forest Service) 7,571 1,671,203

2019 Combined YTD (CALFIRE & US Forest Service) 7,860 259,823

2020 Combined YTD (CALFIRE & US Forest Service) 7,335 1,666,286

3 of the last 4 years have been bad. 2019 not so bad. 5 year average is going to go up this year for sure.

https://www.fire.ca.gov/stats-events/

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve
On Monday when the wind really picked up the power sagged and you could hear arcing inside the house. Now luckily it didn't start a fire as we would have been down wind. Instead the closest fire to us was down wind 3 miles.

PGE shut down power all along the HWY 26 corridor up to the other side of Mt. Hood. They did that because of the fire danger. Why they didn't along all the passes, I don't know. They're probably second guessing it.

Now there might be a couple of arson fires, no doubt. But I'm gonna bet that the VAST majority of them are going to be power line caused.

We have the conditions for these type of conflagrations every 50 years or so. See the Tillamook Burn, 1910 fire, the Yellow Stone fire, etc... It ain't global warming and it ain't Antifa. Despite what DU, 4chan, or some know nothing in Kentucky might think.

I'd say lightening will be number one but power lines are a big part by the sounds. Arson hardly a blip on the scale

[Linked Image from scitechdaily.com]

Nassa Aqua Satelite

Last edited by Salty303; 09/12/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Salty, can one zoom in on that website to see just where powerlines run?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hit that Nassa link Geno click on the photo and it comes up larger maybe it can be zoomed right in off that..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No... can't seem to zoom beyond an enlarged image maybe someone more techy can figure it out.
But from the enlarged shot you can scroll through a few more sat images. That's just text book fire hell right there!

Last edited by Salty303; 09/12/20.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The fire faithful could be calling for pitchforks if theY saw a headline that said “BLM sets back fires”

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve

https://www.khq.com/fires/officials...4a5736c-f3c5-11ea-9ec6-bbd5b11bc1ac.html

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No... can't seem to zoom beyond an enlarged image maybe someone more techy can figure it out.
But from the enlarged shot you can scroll through a few more sat images. That's just text book fire hell right there!

Thanks, maybe I'll just try using OnX on a separate tab and compare by eye.

In it is contentment

Page 28 of 34 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 55 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,902
Posts18,518,510
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.