Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I don't doubt human involvement in some fires, careless or deliberate, human sources can't be excluded. However, hot dry windy conditions can ignite coal. The safety chain on your trailer can cause sparking which starts brush fires here frequently. In very dry years the forests of the west are tinderboxes prime for ignition. Add high winds and you have perfect storm conditions.

It is also true that BLM, antifa and their cohorts consider outdoor recreation a bastion of white privilege.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
And this:

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/police...in-connection-with-west-coast-wildfires/

Police Arrest Multiple Suspects In Connection With West Coast Wildfires

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Steve
On Monday when the wind really picked up the power sagged and you could hear arcing inside the house. Now luckily it didn't start a fire as we would have been down wind. Instead the closest fire to us was down wind 3 miles.

PGE shut down power all along the HWY 26 corridor up to the other side of Mt. Hood. They did that because of the fire danger. Why they didn't along all the passes, I don't know. They're probably second guessing it.

Hell, I knew what could happen and posted about it.

Now there might be a couple of arson fires, no doubt. But I'm gonna bet that the VAST majority of them are going to be power line caused.

We have the conditions for these type of conflagrations every 50 years or so. See the Tillamook Burn, 1910 fire, the Yellow Stone fire, etc... It ain't global warming and it ain't Antifa. Despite what DU, 4chan, or some know nothing in Kentucky might think.

https://www.khq.com/fires/officials...4a5736c-f3c5-11ea-9ec6-bbd5b11bc1ac.html

That's one of the many fires, investigation in very early stages, could be arson. You'll have to keep googling Bristoe, don the tin foil..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
On Monday when the wind really picked up the power sagged and you could hear arcing inside the house. Now luckily it didn't start a fire as we would have been down wind. Instead the closest fire to us was down wind 3 miles.

PGE shut down power all along the HWY 26 corridor up to the other side of Mt. Hood. They did that because of the fire danger. Why they didn't along all the passes, I don't know. They're probably second guessing it.

Now there might be a couple of arson fires, no doubt. But I'm gonna bet that the VAST majority of them are going to be power line caused.

We have the conditions for these type of conflagrations every 50 years or so. See the Tillamook Burn, 1910 fire, the Yellow Stone fire, etc... It ain't global warming and it ain't Antifa. Despite what DU, 4chan, or some know nothing in Kentucky might think.

Bristoe,

you realize that fire was in an urban/suburban setting, not a wildfire as the ones Mt Boomer's folks, Santiam's friends, etc are involved in?

We all may be discussing two different things.

And, having lived out here in fire land for the majority of my life, these hot dry periods of weather bring out the firebugs in force. Antifa or not.

Even the firefighting force is not immune..............the saying is............the blacker the forest, the bigger the paycheck. More than one fire has been set by folks that get paid to fight them.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Salty303

That's one of the many fires, investigation in very early stages, could be arson. You'll have to keep googling Bristoe, don the tin foil..

Oregon isn't British Columbia, Salty.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I don't doubt human involvement in some fires, careless or deliberate, human sources can't be excluded. However, hot dry windy conditions can ignite coal. The safety chain on your trailer can cause sparking which starts brush fires here frequently. In very dry years the forests of the west are tinderboxes prime for ignition. Add high winds and you have perfect storm conditions.

It is also true that BLM, antifa and their cohorts consider outdoor recreation a bastion of white privilege.

mike r

I know a fellow who's up there in the food chain some he investigates wild fires. Biggest cause of roadside wild fires is fragments of deteriorated catalytic converters and hot brake parts leaving vehicles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well aware of that, just going by your link.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good graphic of CA wildfire history.

Slider button to show different years on the map.

'99, 2002, 2003, and 2006, were good ones at the beginning of this century.

http://projects.capradio.org/california-fire-history/#5/37.83/-120.1

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Geno I think you're bang on about the confusion out east between a few fires in urban environments and the massive wild fires which are anything but urban. That sat photo tells the story.

Well this has been fun but I'm going to do something useful. My thoughts are with you all down there. I'm doing my rain dance for the great states of Washington, Oregon and California. A bits coming.... hopefully it turns in to something more than a bit! Salty out..

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
So, according to several local news outlets, many arsonists have been apprehended for starting fires in California, Oregon, and Washington during the past few days. That much is established.

How many have done so without getting caught?, is the obvious question.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

All near civilization. Not starting them out in the hinterlands.

Look at the backgrounds of the folks. Gal in WA had a warrant out for arson among other things. Firebug for sure. Terrorist?????

Did you see the pic of the one from along Hwy 101?........Whack job.

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad

All near civilization. Not starting them out in the hinterlands.

Look at the backgrounds of the folks. Gal in WA had a warrant out for arson among other things. Firebug for sure. Terrorist?????

Did you see the pic of the one from along Hwy 101?........Whack job.

California, Oregon, and Washington are the whack job capitals of America.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The fire that burned down the Santiam canyon wiping out Detroit has been burning and smoldering in the wilderness for the last couple weeks.Lightning caused..The forest service was keeping a eye on it,but not much else.. A couple air drops could have stopped it then .

Even with the east wind forecast they sat on their hands.. They pretty much ignore the wilderness fires..

The winds hit and it went from 50 acres to 500 in a blink of a eye and then it was to late..Then it didn't take long to get to 50,000 and so on..That fire could have been prevented..

The Holiday fire on the McKenzie was supposedly a tree fell into the power lines.

The Riverside fire up the Clackamas was a towed jeep behind a motor home that was causing sparks somehow..

Sweet creek fire was arson and a arrest has been made..

The Ashland fires are probably arson,but they are conducting a criminal investigation and are keeping mum..There is a rumor of murder involved..

Several smaller fires that are out now are suspicious in nature..

That's all I know.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
So why do we even have above ground powerlines? Nobody in the west own a damn excavator?

LOL
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

And neither are KY, Bristoe

Last edited by callnum; 09/12/20.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,876 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,993
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.