Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 34 1 2 30 31 32 33 34
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Santiam
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Steve

Wow. One of Kate's Peter Principle political appointees or maybe he's voicing criticisms of Kate?

Threw that cat under the bus didn't they? His replacement is a "she". Any bets she's a bull dyke politcal activist?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Somehow I had a feeling she might look like that.

If she's gay, and I were a gal, I doubt I'd mind being her partner in bed

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Salty303
Salty,
like down here, it's probably money related too.

I will guess you're talking Crown lands? They probably have to deal with their own set of fudged up regulations, trying to please everyone and not doing a good job of pleasing anyone.

Still, everyone wants cheap building materials and loads of fish in the streams. But...........don't raise my taxes. Or the cost of a 2x4. (What the heck do you folks call them? 5cm x 12cm?)

Yes public land or Crown land as its called up here makes up 95% of BC. So in a way you'd think it would be easier to manage for fires. But like you say try to please everyone equals everyone mad. LOL

And its a 2x4 damn it! You pretty much need to know both systems up here cause the ol metric system didn't make any headway in lumber and building.

So, do you use a 623.68944 gram hammer or a 22 oz one to pound nails. grin

No fair saying you use a nail gun either.

Ok this one's easy. A number 8 screw ahead of my Milwaukee cordless grin
My 16, 18 and 22 oz hammers are pretty much wall hangers any mo

I still like nails.

And using a hand saw on occasion.

I even own and every once in a while use a brace and bit.

You are a luddite my friend. Actually I've still got grandpappy's brace its nice to auger a hole with that old thing once in a while.

Its funny how things have changed. I have a buddy who's close to 20 years younger than me. About 15 years ago he's around 30 years old, we're building or fixing something at my place he says hand me the saw. There's a 24 inch coarse cut hand saw at my feet so I hand it to him. He looks at it then looks at me then looks down at the 2 by 4 and says ah Dan... I have no clue how to use this thing. So I show him and he finishes about half the wobbly slow cut he's made throws it on the ground and says what a piece of chit where's your skill saw?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's a funny story.

I keep a couple of Stanley 15" Sharptooth hand saws handy so I don't have to break out a Skilsaw or cordless saw when I just have a 2x4 or smaller piece that needs cut for a repair or such.

I've got a couple of ,my father's old saws around, Diston and Stanley I think, and I don't know which brands are in the cool aluminum (aluminium??) saw box i got from a friend. One of these days we need to start an "old or classic" tool threads. I've got some 60's and 70's era Craftsman tools with boxes still, my old Skil circular saw from the 80's, old wrenches likely from the 1930's and such. be fun to see what other folks have too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Or a scapegoat for the damage and deaths?

I am not caught up yet. But, I heard that boots on the ground couldn't believe they were being called off Thursday night and nobody at the local level knew where the order came from.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Be a damn shame if Jeff Park and Opal Creek burned up.

Both pretty damned special places.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Be a damn shame if Jeff Park and Opal Creek burned up.

Both pretty damned special places.
I heard an interview up here 4 or 5 days ago by a fire communications guy in Oregon. He said they were extremely understaffed he said on the fire he was working on they'd normally have a crew of 1000 but they had less than 200. Oregon's resources stretched paper thin, nothing to borrow from from Cali or Wa because they're in the same situation. There just aren't enough people laying around waiting for the worse fire season in decades that's all there is to it. Also he said there was no road access at all to a lot of the fires.

Crews from Utah coming.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Leaving it at, salmon is not a simple nor a 30 year issue. Man could have hardy done them worse if on a purposeful path of destruction. If we had even ten percent of the historic salmon runs it'd be phenomenal. Sigh....

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
This is teamwork

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Santiam
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Wow. One of Kate's Peter Principle political appointees or maybe he's voicing criticisms of Kate?

Threw that cat under the bus didn't they? His replacement is a "she". Any bets she's a bull dyke politcal activist?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Somehow I had a feeling she might look like that.

If she's gay, and I were a gal, I doubt I'd mind being her partner in bed

No schit! A girl could certainly do worse....

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Leaving it at, salmon is not a simple nor a 30 year issue. Man could have hardy done them worse if on a purposeful path of destruction. If we had even ten percent of the historic salmon runs it'd be phenomenal. Sigh....

Agreed its not a simple issue, the point today is these fires, will hurt the miniscule runs we have now. Much could have been prevented with proper management of the forests! Leaving less devastation to the land, and streams! Salmon are a whole different subject, from fire management, but are effected, by poor management!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Carpe' Scrotum
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Weather.com now predicting thunderstorms this coming Thursday afternoon and evening... Not good.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Just today the smoke has landed in a big way here in north Idaho. Far heavier than previous years. Supposed to be primarily from California with some from Oregon. Thankfully, we are OK so far.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Oregon fire marshal that was placed on suspension has now resigned.. Still no word on why...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I've been around a long time now and that is one of the saddest stories I've ever read.

In it is contentment

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

I've been around a long time now and that is one of the saddest stories I've ever read.

Damn.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And that even before an evacuation order.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
My heart is breaking for the young man and his family.......

Page 32 of 34 1 2 30 31 32 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,874
Posts18,518,082
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.