Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Jackson and Klamath Counties, in automotive, healthcare and retail? It has been estimated that those counties would see a 35% decrease in their economies if the smugglers like Geno were stopped and assessed sales tax at the Ag inspection station at the border crossings. Some years back, the recalled Calif Gov Gray Davis proposed a law to prohibit unprocessed timber from going to Oregon mills, from Eugene to Lakeview to Brookings you could hear the screaming, needless to say, the proposal died, stillborn. But Roseburg Forest Products, promptly bought 80,000 acres and 2 mills in Calif. Whether anybody likes it or not, we need each other.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bingo^^^^

Besides, there are an awful lot of USFS roads around the Bug Stations.........................not that I would ever do that. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by jwall
And who's looking for him ?

Do we really care ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’d not gloat about anyone’s death by fire, ‘specially as this guy might not have been your average Loony Leftist. I’ll note he saved one place that others agree was worth saving.

Dunno anything else about the guy.

OK, an arsonist setting such a fire? wouldn't upset me if they died in it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Irony is the fact that his rabid antilogging likely contributed to the demise of his "sacred place".

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Irony is the stupid [bleep] posted in this thread, the man did his best to protect tens of thousands of acres of prime hunting and fishing land for all to enjoy and some of you mock him, WTF Have any of you done to make the outdoors a better place for your sons or daughters ?

This man likely died trying to protect what he loved, thats something a few of you might want to set your sights on !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's too bad. Hope those big trees make it.

I'm a little surprised Bristoe reads Democratic Underground.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Bristoe is the "underground" !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I’d not gloat about anyone’s death by fire, ‘specially as this guy might not have been your average Loony Leftist. I’ll note he saved one place that others agree was worth saving.

Dunno anything else about the guy.

OK, an arsonist setting such a fire? wouldn't upset me if they died in it.

You're just grumpy because Caucasians have returned to Zimbabwe.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by jwall
And who's looking for him ?

Do we really care ?

Tikka -- I was being sarcastic. Shoulda posted smirk
IDGFart.

We agree.

Last edited by jwall; 09/13/20.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimy
Irony is the stupid [bleep] posted in this thread, the man did his best to protect tens of thousands of acres of prime hunting and fishing land for all to enjoy and some of you mock him, WTF Have any of you done to make the outdoors a better place for your sons or daughters ?

This man likely died trying to protect what he loved, thats something a few of you might want to set your sights on !

jimy

The man doggedly tried to preserve the place in a static way, no tree removed, no leaf unturned, etc. This is impossible. The earth is an ever changing landscape, erosion, flood, volcanic flows/explosions, torrential rains, mudslides, and of course fire will alter the earth. Perhaps with careful thoughtful forestry management that magnificent forest would have fared better from the torch. If that fire has ravished that forest it will take decades if not centuries to ever return if it ever does. What will happen to those crystal waters now?

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steve

You're a grandfathered in Oregonian, Geno.

Does this package include a non-extraditable warrant and the inability to think for yourself?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-indifference-kindled-oregons-wildfires/

But in recent decades, political power in Oregon has accumulated in urban Portland and its surrounding suburbs. Residents of these areas — insulated from the dangers of land mismanagement — have insisted on preserving the forests as untouchable playgrounds. Since 2001, the state has overprioritized recreation and environmentalist concerns such as ecotourism. As a result, Oregon’s forests were allowed to become overgrown, creating fire hazards. The state has screwed up so badly that, in November last year, it was ordered by a jury to pay Oregon’s rural counties $1.1 billion for failing to uphold its contractual obligations for responsible forest management.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-indifference-kindled-oregons-wildfires/

But in recent decades, political power in Oregon has accumulated in urban Portland and its surrounding suburbs. Residents of these areas — insulated from the dangers of land mismanagement — have insisted on preserving the forests as untouchable playgrounds. Since 2001, the state has overprioritized recreation and environmentalist concerns such as ecotourism. As a result, Oregon’s forests were allowed to become overgrown, creating fire hazards. The state has screwed up so badly that, in November last year, it was ordered by a jury to pay Oregon’s rural counties $1.1 billion for failing to uphold its contractual obligations for responsible forest management.

I agree with that quote entirely.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Steve

You're a grandfathered in Oregonian, Geno.

Does this package include a non-extraditable warrant and the inability to think for yourself?

I would say GFY, but.. Naw. GFY.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The plot thickens..Apparently the sacking of the fire marshal and George Atiyeh are tied together..Atiyeh is one of the people he was searching for..

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-...n-for-entering-active-wildfire-zone.html

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Get with it Val, sometimes the only way to save ANYTHING is to fire up the chainsaws and make some money creating defensible space. My heart is not broken over this, in fact, if Atiyeh in fact was immolated, there's a certain bitter justice. Too bad it wasn't Andy Kerr.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Let me get this straight. If they logged it it would no longer be good for hunting and fishing?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Would it be wrong, ta drink a toast to the guy?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Too bad it wasn't Andy Kerr.

On that I agree.

That said, when you're in the center of a town that burns every house to the ground (Talent, Detroit) how do you make a defensible space? My relatives restaurant in Detroit was surrounded by hundreds of feet of back-top (roads, hwy, parking lot). Hard to get more defensible than that. Only thing left is the sign in the middle of the parking lot. We had 35-65 mph winds. You can't defend against that.

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 222ND, 2500HD, 2003and2013, 257 mag, 163bc, 61 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,789
Posts18,477,285
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.