M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Here's a Portland cutie for the album.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I can’t imagine watching someone do this to their face without me calling 911 for Police and Fire to take her on a 72 hour mental hold.

Fug’n crazy chick!

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I can’t imagine watching someone do this to their face without me calling 911 for Police and Fire to take her on a 72 hour mental hold.

Fug’n crazy chick!

😎

That looks like sharpie to me.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
The sound of chain saws and “beep-beep” of a logger sending the carriage in the mountains makes me smile.

😎

Oh, I made a whole bunch more money when they were flying logs around on the bottom of a copter!

This requires further explanation on how helicopter logging put additional greenbacks into your pocket.

😎🤷🏽‍♀️

The whole force of employees got bonuses each month based on the whole operation. Everyone, including us fish and wildlife folks, the sales force, the secretaries in the office, the dude that sat in the guard shack at the gate........everyone.

Bonuses were based on projected harvest, projected mill production, projected sales, projected maintenance/breakdown costs, safety, etc all figured out against actual results.

The bonus was a % of your three month rolling average pay, and as I recall it included any OT pay, so basically figured on your gross income. You average $2000 a month lets say, the company beats projections and things go well, no major injuries, the cut comes in as planned, the sales folks move product and they figure out a 10% bonus, you get a $200 check that month.

The circumstances I noted, they had an operation in a nasty ass place in the woods, decided to helicopter log it instead of tearing up the hillside with roads, skidders dragging logs and all that. Big second growth Doug Fir with some residual old stuff in there. Projections were about 4 trucks coming out a day..................they way fuggin underestimated that!

I think on the best day they had 17 trucks come out, the job was done something like 2 weeks ahead of schedule, the wood was killer stuff (high dollar end product), no injuries, the rest of operations had no issues either.

Rather than our normal 5-10% bonus we all got a 28% check that month!!

Bring in the choppers!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe

General comments. Sigh.

Yes indeed the influx of people has phucqked. Oregon to the point of having that khuunt Kate. It's phucqking sad.

Yet the geology climate flora and fauna (etc) are still, hard to argue otherwise, most awesome... The list would be thread worthy in itself and beyond my scope this evening.

When anyone, inbred or otherwise, has any evidence that fires were intentionally set, in Oregon old growth this past week, please post it up. Obviously, some have been around little of the sort to have valuable insights. Carry-on.

The Molotov cocktail commies can burn the whole state down,..and everybody in Oregon will just shake their heads and say, "Them dadburn old power lines again".

Pacific Coast denial is in a class by itself.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/four...ildfires-in-california-oregon-washington

I'm involved with the group of wild land fire fighters that is fighting one of the large fires in Oregon (Archie Creek). We average about 6 arson caused fires per year out of an average of 76 human caused fires per year. This is an average over the last 10 years. We have seen an increase in power line caused fires over the years and so far this year we have had 10 (so far). So arson isn't new, either here or in any other state. I don't know if any of these people (other than the guy in Washington) is Antifa related, but I do believe they all have mental problems and are often homeless.

I do find it frustrating how the media puts out confusing information. Take this quote from the article above:

"Michael Jarrod Bakkela, a transient living in the Oregon woods, was arrested late this week “on two counts of arson, 15 counts of criminal mischief and 14 counts of reckless endangerment,” according to Oregon Live. Bakkela is allegedly responsible for setting one of two major wildfires in Oregon; the fires have now merged, killing at least 24 people, leaving hundreds homeless, and torching at least 5,700 acres of precious forest land".

This is from a September 12 article. He actually set a fire during the Alameda fire (which had already been burning for about 6 hours). The fire he set was in Phoenix, so by that time the fire had burned from Ashland, through Talent and to Phoenix (about 5 miles). How much his fire contributed to the overall destruction will never be known, but he did not set off the Alameda fire. They are currently investigating whether the Alameda fire was arson started in relation to a homicide. Furthermore, the Alameda fire has not merged with any other fire (it is essentially out), it did not kill at least 24 people and by September 12 the 6 or 7 major fires in Oregon had consumed over 500,000 acres.

We do know that when we have large fires, we seem to also have a real uptick in copy cat arson incidents. My personal belief is that we are far too lenient with arsonist and those that negligently start fires (the local Stouts Creek and Milepost 97 fires are example).

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

General comments. Sigh.

Yes indeed the influx of people has phucqked. Oregon to the point of having that khuunt Kate. It's phucqking sad.

Yet the geology climate flora and fauna (etc) are still, hard to argue otherwise, most awesome... The list would be thread worthy in itself and beyond my scope this evening.

When anyone, inbred or otherwise, has any evidence that fires were intentionally set, in Oregon old growth this past week, please post it up. Obviously, some have been around little of the sort to have valuable insights. Carry-on.

The Molotov cocktail commies can burn the whole state down,..and everybody in Oregon will just shake their heads and say, "Them dadburn old power lines again".

Bristoe, Bristoe, Bristoe,

you, of all folks, believing mainstream news reports and headlines like this

Four People Arrested For Suspected Arson, Intentionally Setting Wildfires In California, Oregon, Washington

None, I repeat, NONE of the four people mentioned in that story started ANY wildfire. Not a one.

All were set on or along major roads, the one that did the most damage in Talent and the Ashland area is right in the Interstate 5 Corridor and there's really nothing "wild" about the area, even for someone living in Kentucky.

So far, there is not one substantiated report of anyone starting any of the real "wildfires" in OR.

Stop believing sensationalized reports of arson caused "wildfires".....................

You're putting a stain on the reputation of intelligent Kentuckians.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
okay,.....but keep the garden hose hooked up anyway.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by logger

General comments. Sigh.

I'm involved with the group of wild land fire fighters that is fighting one of the large fires in Oregon (Archie Creek). We average about 6 arson caused fires per year out of an average of 76 human caused fires per year. This is an average over the last 10 years. We have seen an increase in power line caused fires over the years and so far this year we have had 10 (so far). So arson isn't new, either here or in any other state. I don't know if any of these people (other than the guy in Washington) is Antifa related, but I do believe they all have mental problems and are often homeless.

I do find it frustrating how the media puts out confusing information. Take this quote from the article above:

"Michael Jarrod Bakkela, a transient living in the Oregon woods, was arrested late this week “on two counts of arson, 15 counts of criminal mischief and 14 counts of reckless endangerment,” according to Oregon Live. Bakkela is allegedly responsible for setting one of two major wildfires in Oregon; the fires have now merged, killing at least 24 people, leaving hundreds homeless, and torching at least 5,700 acres of precious forest land".

This is from a September 12 article. He actually set a fire during the Alameda fire (which had already been burning for about 6 hours). The fire he set was in Phoenix, so by that time the fire had burned from Ashland, through Talent and to Phoenix (about 5 miles). How much his fire contributed to the overall destruction will never be known, but he did not set off the Alameda fire. They are currently investigating whether the Alameda fire was arson started in relation to a homicide. Furthermore, the Alameda fire has not merged with any other fire (it is essentially out), it did not kill at least 24 people and by September 12 the 6 or 7 major fires in Oregon had consumed over 500,000 acres.

We do know that when we have large fires, we seem to also have a real uptick in copy cat arson incidents. My personal belief is that we are far too lenient with arsonist and those that negligently start fires (the local Stouts Creek and Milepost 97 fires are example).

Gee folks, maybe we should take some intel directly from someone involved in this stuff...................ya think?

Thanks logger, for your input.

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys listen up Bristoe tellin you how it works in the woods in the PNW. Cutting edge stuff. The Kentucky visionary is on it LMAO!!

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Salty303
You guys listen up Bristoe tellin you how it works in the woods in the PNW. Cutting edge stuff. The Kentucky visionary is on it LMAO!!

You live in a foreign country. Why are you even involving yourself in a discussion of the U.S.A.?

IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Also, in flyover country people couldn't care less about what happens to the Pacific Coast. It's pretty well known that every ill the country has had to deal with originated there.

The old joke is, most of the country hopes that a big earthquake drops the whole place into the Pacific ocean.

Of course that's not a realistic possibility. But it demonstrates the opinion that a large part of America has regarding that communist infested piece of the U.S.A.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You live in a foreign country. Why are you even involving yourself in a discussion of the U.S.A.?

Because its about fires real close to me. As the 150 yard visibility can attest.

Dude as far as the reality out here you are on another planet plain and simple. Antifa be hiking for days to set fires in the back country far from any roads. Starting a fire several days back on a road isn't proper one must do it right then run like hell so you don't burn up. You're delusional man.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

Dude as far as the reality out here you are on another planet

,....and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So we can agree on that. Probably time to STFU about it then.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

LOL - we have garden hoses hooked up at our place and we also have 1.5" fire hoses that we can use at 3 hydrants around the house and shop - and we have 7000 gallons of water underground to feed it. Then there is the 550 gallon mobile fire trailer. And as a back up - good insurance and video of the house and shop. You just never know when you live in the woods.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

Oh,...I'd just as soon not. I'm a resident of the U.S.A.

I say what I want. Especially to nosy ass Canadians who won't mind their own business.

A fuggin' soyboy whiffenpoof runs your country. So explain to me why what you think regarding the U.S.A. matters?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

garden hose--laffin!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Log it or watch it burn. Doesn’t make a lot of difference from where I am.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Oh,...I'd just as soon not. I'm a resident of the U.S.A.

I say what I want. Especially to nosy ass Canadians who won't mind their own business.

A fuggin' soyboy whiffenpoof runs your country. So explain to me why what you think regarding the U.S.A. matters?

Good thing we've got your outer planetary enlightenment for balance. Stay on the pavement now...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm from BC. , we deal with forest fires regularly. Logging isn't going to stop them. What's needed around built up areas is fuel removal. It's expensive and labour intensive.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, AceBall, achlupsa, 10 invisible), 1,696 guests, and 771 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,970
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.