-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's so many pseudo intellectual clowns on the forum lately.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wear them only when and where I am required to. As soon as I can it comes off. I hate the damn things and I don't believe a simple piece of cloth tied around you face does a damn thing.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I’ll wear a mask into Walmart when even 25% of the people in there look like they give a f about their health.

Hard to feal reasonable for people health that are 100 pounds overweight...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ISRO
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Stophel
Frankly, whether they "work" or not, forcing someone to wear one (especially when they're NOT sick) is tyranny. Period.

If masks "work", then shouldn't we be forced to wear them all the time.. for everything? The flu. The cold. Everything else. Think of the lives that would be saved! And remember, if it saves just ONE life, it's all worth it!

People get sick. That's the way of the world.

So people should be allowed to effect other peoples health? What about the personal responsibility?

You never did explain that they do not work at all, your thoughts?

If you’re not sick/tested positive how are you effecting someone else’s health? Where do you draw the line?
Is BLM/Antifa rioters burning and destroying folks private property and endangering people’s lives a concern to you? Do you advocate violence as we’re seeing in major cities around the us?

Are you familiar with the term asymptomatic? CDC estimates 45% of all virus carriers have no symptoms, think about that for a minute. You could be one of those people yourself, why would you want to unknowingly infect someone else?

Seems like the descent thing to do to protect others, kind of simple if you ask me.

What is the correlation between protecting someone else's health with some mask wearing/social distancing and the rioting for you, as I have a hard time following that connection?

The correlation is simple. Your friends are beating people up, burning, looting and destroying private property, shooting police officers. If you’re so concerned about how folks actions effect other folks health, you should be just as concerned about the blm/Antifa/terrorists actions as you are anti-mask/govt tyranny folks like me.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Prove that they work.

Prove that they save lives.

Prove that they stop transmission of this disease.

And again, if they work, shouldn't they be mandatory EVERYWHERE, ALL the time? There are other diseases out there too. Deadly diseases.

Last edited by Stophel; 10/03/20.
IC B2

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

We should outlaw vehicles because people may get in an accident and hurt or kill someone.

Do we not have laws governing their use to protect people?

Nice try!

You truly are an idiot. Traffic laws don't prevent accidents, just like wearing a mask doesn't prevent spreading microbes.

Really?

Speed limits don't save lives?

Driving while impaired doesn't save lives?

Texting while driving laws don't save lives?

Seat belt laws don't save lives?

Once again the masks can not prevent the microbes from spreading in itself, but they limit the distance the water vapor droplets that carry them can travel, thus slowing the spread.

What ya got my friend!

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Prove that they work.

Prove that they save lives.

Prove that they stop transmission of this disease.

And again, if they work, shouldn't they be mandatory EVERYWHERE, ALL the time? There are other diseases out there too. Deadly diseases.

Are you suggesting a mask will not limit the distance a cough or sneeze can travel?

It is really about slowing the transmission of the disease.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Frankly, whether they "work" or not, forcing someone to wear one (especially when they're NOT sick) is tyranny. Period.

If masks "work", then shouldn't we be forced to wear them all the time.. for everything? The flu. The cold. Everything else. Think of the lives that would be saved! And remember, if it saves just ONE life, it's all worth it!

So people should be allowed to effect other peoples health? What about the personal responsibility?

If you think that they protect you then wear one. You will be fine.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ah... "slowing the spread"... I see...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Viruses are extremely small, but they do not float by themselves, they need a water vapor molecule to attach to. (i.e. your breath) Since cotton will absorb up to 27 times it’s weight in water, a mask works just like your bath towel or undershirt for accumulating moisture. They shouldn’t be considered a political statement.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

We should outlaw vehicles because people may get in an accident and hurt or kill someone.

Nice try!

You truly are an idiot. Traffic laws don't prevent accidents, just like wearing a mask doesn't prevent spreading microbes.

Really?

Speed limits don't save lives?

Driving while impaired doesn't save lives?

Texting while driving laws don't save lives?

Seat belt laws don't save lives?

Once again the masks can not prevent the microbes from spreading in itself, but they limit the distance the water vapor droplets that carry them can travel, thus slowing the spread.

What ya got my friend!

Got nothing for a puttz like you

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Traffic laws only apply if you’re driving.
Explain how that correlates to a person that’s not infected being forced to wear a mask.
Explain why it’s my problem to protect you?

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W

What ya got my friend!
[/quote]

That's the problem that people think about the airborne spread being carried by "droplets". The vast majority of the water from breathing is in a vapor form which goes all around any opening between the fit of mask and our face. There is not concrete proof that mask work. A lot of people that are knowledgeable on viruses and their transmission do not advocate masks use. What about the constant touching of the masks and face of the wearer? ……… that in and of itself is an infection risk.

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Ah... "slowing the spread"... I see...

Has that not been the thought all along?

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by 700LH

Nice try!

Like seat belts, another gooberment overreach..

Are you suggesting they do not save lives?

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/seatbeltbrief/index.html

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by wvshooter

What ya got my friend!

That's the problem that people think about the airborne spread being carried by "droplets". The vast majority of the water from breathing is in a vapor form which goes all around any opening between the fit of mask and our face. There is not concrete proof that mask work. A lot of people that are knowledgeable on viruses and their transmission do not advocate masks use. What about the constant touching of the masks and face of the wearer? ……… that in and of itself is an infection risk. [/quote]

Concrete proof?

So are you suggesting that a simple mask would not limit the distance a sneeze or cough could travel?

And good hand washing protocols to go along with this.

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/how-it-spreads

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You should hang out over at the Democrat Underground with your people and you can all wear Maxi Pads on your faces and be safe.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
You should hang out over at the Democrat Underground with your people and you can all wear Maxi Pads on your faces and be safe.

So if I understand this correctly, you have no logical counter argument and are resorting to the 6th grade insults?

C'mon JakeBlues, don't give up so quickly.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wvshooter

"...Once again the masks can not prevent the microbes from spreading in itself, but they limit the distance the water vapor droplets that carry them can travel, thus slowing the spread.

What ya got my friend!..."

That's the problem that people think about the airborne spread being carried by "droplets". The vast majority of the water from breathing is in a vapor form which goes all around any opening between the fit of mask and our face. There is not concrete proof that mask work. A lot of people that are knowledgeable on viruses and their transmission do not advocate masks use. What about the constant touching of the masks and face of the wearer? ……… that in and of itself is an infection risk.

See this is the thing. Isro thinks he's being clever by redirecting the mask/no mask argument towards the notion that "they limit sneezes", claiming that it's rock-solid obvious that they limit sneezes. And anyone who disagrees with mask wearing are obviously disagreeing with his "rock-solid obvious truth" that they limit sneezes. The Straw Man.

He also shows something here... "slowing the spread". This is the goal. The attempt to stretch this out as long as possible. Perhaps indefinitely. Claiming to "slow the spread" and "flatten the curve" can continue on forever. No real evidence needs to be shown, just the continued harping of "experts", and browbeating anyone who disagrees with these "experts". Masks may or may not have any effect whatsoever, but it doesn't matter, as long as you claim that they "slow the spread".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Concern troll #232.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 57 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.