Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ISRO
Originally Posted by Stophel
Frankly, whether they "work" or not, forcing someone to wear one (especially when they're NOT sick) is tyranny. Period.

If masks "work", then shouldn't we be forced to wear them all the time.. for everything? The flu. The cold. Everything else. Think of the lives that would be saved! And remember, if it saves just ONE life, it's all worth it!

People get sick. That's the way of the world.

So people should be allowed to effect other peoples health? What about the personal responsibility?

You never did explain that they do not work at all, your thoughts?

Protecting your health is not my business. Don't try to make it so.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by wvshooter

"...Once again the masks can not prevent the microbes from spreading in itself, but they limit the distance the water vapor droplets that carry them can travel, thus slowing the spread.

What ya got my friend!..."

That's the problem that people think about the airborne spread being carried by "droplets". The vast majority of the water from breathing is in a vapor form which goes all around any opening between the fit of mask and our face. There is not concrete proof that mask work. A lot of people that are knowledgeable on viruses and their transmission do not advocate masks use. What about the constant touching of the masks and face of the wearer? ……… that in and of itself is an infection risk.

See this is the thing. Isro thinks he's being clever by redirecting the mask/no mask argument towards the notion that "they limit sneezes", claiming that it's rock-solid obvious that they limit sneezes. And anyone who disagrees with mask wearing are obviously disagreeing with his "rock-solid obvious truth" that they limit sneezes. The Straw Man.

He also shows something here... "slowing the spread". This is the goal. The attempt to stretch this out as long as possible. Perhaps indefinitely. Claiming to "slow the spread" and "flatten the curve" can continue on forever. No real evidence needs to be shown, just the continued harping of "experts", and browbeating anyone who disagrees with these "experts". Masks may or may not have any effect whatsoever, but it doesn't matter, as long as you claim that they "slow the spread".

Once again your not limiting sneezes like you posted above but rather the distance the sneeze travels, hence slowing the spread>

Are you in favor of speeding up the spread?

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Frankly, whether they "work" or not, forcing someone to wear one (especially when they're NOT sick) is tyranny. Period.

If masks "work", then shouldn't we be forced to wear them all the time.. for everything? The flu. The cold. Everything else. Think of the lives that would be saved! And remember, if it saves just ONE life, it's all worth it!

So people should be allowed to effect other peoples health? What about the personal responsibility?

Do you not want to protect the health of your fellow Americans, if doing so was possible?

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

"...Once again the masks can not prevent the microbes from spreading in itself, but they limit the distance the water vapor droplets that carry them can travel, thus slowing the spread.

That's the problem that people think about the airborne spread being carried by "droplets". The vast majority of the water from breathing is in a vapor form which goes all around any opening between the fit of mask and our face. There is not concrete proof that mask work. A lot of people that are knowledgeable on viruses and their transmission do not advocate masks use. What about the constant touching of the masks and face of the wearer? ……… that in and of itself is an infection risk.

See this is the thing. Isro thinks he's being clever by redirecting the mask/no mask argument towards the notion that "they limit sneezes", claiming that it's rock-solid obvious that they limit sneezes. And anyone who disagrees with mask wearing are obviously disagreeing with his "rock-solid obvious truth" that they limit sneezes. The Straw Man.

He also shows something here... "slowing the spread". This is the goal. The attempt to stretch this out as long as possible. Perhaps indefinitely. Claiming to "slow the spread" and "flatten the curve" can continue on forever. No real evidence needs to be shown, just the continued harping of "experts", and browbeating anyone who disagrees with these "experts". Masks may or may not have any effect whatsoever, but it doesn't matter, as long as you claim that they "slow the spread".

Once again your not limiting sneezes like you posted above but rather the distance the sneeze travels, hence slowing the spread>

Wow, there's another one! laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Last edited by Stophel; 10/03/20.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Are you in favor of govt mandated hand washing protocols? Why masks and not legislation to force hand washing?

What about an outright ban on unprotected homosexual sex since it’s proven to cause the AIDS virus?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

^^^

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bingo! We have a winner.

Believe this guy has 32 posts in 32 minutes.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You good gents need to stop feeding this passive/aggressive troll.

Wait for it! smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Are you in favor of govt mandated hand washing protocols? Why masks and not legislation to force hand washing?

What about an outright ban on unprotected homosexual sex since it’s proven to cause the AIDS virus?

Do you have an issue with other people touching you on a regular basis at the store, gas station, car dealership, clinic etc.........

I didn't think so, so that argument is flat.

I didn't think one would have to explain the difference between the limiting sneezes/coughs and touching someone randomly which I do believe is covered by law.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
You good gents need to stop feeding this passive/aggressive troll.

Wait for it! smile

I usually don't, but this time, I couldn't help myself!

I'm done now, though. wink

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Do you not want to protect the health of your fellow Americans, if doing so was possible?

Honestly, if “protecting” someone, (meaning “keeping them from experiencing mild flu symptoms” which is the extent for the vast majority of folks that contract the virus) means my business goes bankrupt, the nations economy contracts to dangerous levels, schools are shut down causing our children to not only lose invaluable education opportunities but also the risk of psychological damage
and my liberty is once again under attack by the government....
Then no. No I do not want to protect someone else’s health.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

^^^

That is a cute meme in theory, but what happens when you become asymptomatic and infect a person who is trying to take precautions as they may have a underlying health condition?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Read between the lines. YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! I sure as hell am not going to give up freedoms to "protect" the likes of someone you.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Do you have an issue with other people touching you on a regular basis at the store, gas station, car dealership, clinic etc.........

I didn't think so, so that argument is flat.

I didn't think one would have to explain the difference between the limiting sneezes/coughs and touching someone randomly which I do believe is covered by law.

Do you not touch things touched by hundreds/thousands of other folks? You don’t touch the handle of the pump at the gas station, the keypad on the credit card machine, handle products in the grocery store that someone else handled, doorknobs, shopping carts?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I think everyone is responsible for their own health. Masks don’t do anything but give a false sense of well being to the gullible. Putting a mask on doesn’t do anything if I’m coughing and sneezing into my hands and touching doors, etc in the store. This is the first time I history we’ve quarantined healthy people. It’s simply government overreach. If you’re scared of catching a bug, stay home. Order your groceries and have them delivered. Let those of us that aren’t scared, go live life. Stay in your bubble and disinfect as you please. The people that feel they’re at risk can do as they please within the confines of their home. All the government is doing, is putting things in place that will ultimately Cause the weakening of our immune systems. I haven’t heard one person in government make any recommendations to help people improve their immune systems. Simple things like taking vitamins, exercising, eating properly and going outside to get some fresh air and sunlight. If you’re a big enough sucker to believe that Wearing masks and limiting freedoms will make this go away....well there’s no sense in having a discussion because you’re a retard.

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

You didn't just post that as an argument did you?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You can blow snot all over the other team while playing foot ball.

But you have to wear a mask to sit on the bench.

#frontlines

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.