Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by ISRO
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The masks arent helping anything.

But you ladies go ahead and mask up.

Notice how the troll ignored the direct question asking for the scientific analysis of the types of masks most people wear under the mask mandates? Here's a hint as to why she won't respond...

From the CDC:

"More research on cloth masks is needed to inform their use as an alternative to surgical masks/respirators in the event of shortage or high-demand situations. To our knowledge, only 1 randomized controlled trial (4) has been conducted to examine the efficacy of cloth masks in healthcare settings, and the results do not favor use of cloth masks. More randomized controlled trials should be conducted in community settings to test the efficacy of cloth masks against respiratory infections. According to the US Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, more research on the engineering design of cloth masks to enhance their filtration and fit is needed (16). Moreover, various methods for decontaminating cloth masks should be tested."

The full report basically said that cloth masks are very effective as a placebo and can be useful to prevent mass hysteria, but there is no scientific evidence that a cloth mask prevents the spread of this particular virus (or others that appear similar).

Just remember, you can satisfy the mask mandate by putting a t-shirt over your face. As the CDC admitted, there is no proof that cloth masks are effective against the virus, let alone the types of cloth masks most people will use.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

That's not a scientific study. That's guidance, much like the guidance earlier in the year saying masks shouldn't be worn.

Try again.

And the guidance is from? The guys on 24hour.................laughing

You can't cite a scientific study because there isn't one that supports your claim. Instead, the scientific study says this:

"The general public should be educated about mask use because cloth masks may give users a false sense of protection because of their limited protection against acquiring infection (16). Correctly putting on and taking off cloth masks improves protection (Table). Taking a mask off is a high-risk process (34) because pathogens may be present on the outer surface of the mask and may result in self-contamination during removal (31)."

This is the science.

Your move next Boss

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...es-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

Still no scientific studies, cause there are none. All you can find is informal guidance, the same type of guidance that recommended against mask use earlier this year.

Show us the science, not op-eds.

Only because you purposefully bury your head in the sand. https://www.pnas.org/content/117/26/14857

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ooooohhh.....watch out Remsen....you got two sockpuppet trolls after ya know!

I am MAGA.
I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I

Notice how the troll ignored the direct question asking for the scientific analysis of the types of masks most people wear under the mask mandates? Here's a hint as to why she won't respond...

From the CDC:

"More research on cloth masks is needed to inform their use as an alternative to surgical masks/respirators in the event of shortage or high-demand situations. To our knowledge, only 1 randomized controlled trial (4) has been conducted to examine the efficacy of cloth masks in healthcare settings, and the results do not favor use of cloth masks. More randomized controlled trials should be conducted in community settings to test the efficacy of cloth masks against respiratory infections. According to the US Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, more research on the engineering design of cloth masks to enhance their filtration and fit is needed (16). Moreover, various methods for decontaminating cloth masks should be tested."

The full report basically said that cloth masks are very effective as a placebo and can be useful to prevent mass hysteria, but there is no scientific evidence that a cloth mask prevents the spread of this particular virus (or others that appear similar).

Just remember, you can satisfy the mask mandate by putting a t-shirt over your face. As the CDC admitted, there is no proof that cloth masks are effective against the virus, let alone the types of cloth masks most people will use.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

That's not a scientific study. That's guidance, much like the guidance earlier in the year saying masks shouldn't be worn.

Try again.

Mayo is only one of the most respected medical facilities in the world, but I am sure you can debunk it!

..............grin

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
isro, you seem invested.

Why is that?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Still no scientific studies, cause there are none. All you can find is informal guidance, the same type of guidance that recommended against mask use earlier this year.

[/quote]

Only because you purposefully bury your head in the sand. https://www.pnas.org/content/117/26/14857

[/quote]

Still waiting for the scientific study on the types of masks that are mandated for use here, as I asked in my original question to OP. The report you linked to says nothing about wrapping a t-shirt over your mouth and nose. It doesn't even state what kind of masks they are talking about. The scientific study on CLOTH masks that the CDC published clearly states that cloth masks are ineffective, especially when they are used in the manner most people use them.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

You have said that you favor governors or mayors unilaterally instituting mandatory mask mandates. Our government doesn’t work that way.

I said they could be legitimate if passed according to the legal processes which we’ve observed since the founding of the Republic.

Are you saying that if that process, for whatever reason, doesn’t come to the conclusions you have that an executive should unilaterally act in contradiction to that conclusion?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You guys keep losing. I hope your medical team as good at Dumpy Trumpy's....

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Anyone seen Old Toot around?

No?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
You guys keep losing. I hope your medical team as good at Dumpy Trumpy's....

Hahaha!

The science shows......

Get your husband to buy you a cold cut combo at Subway to claim your prize.....

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

From the CDC:

Try again.

Mayo is only one of the most respected medical facilities in the world, but I am sure you can debunk it!

..............grin

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

You seem to have a problem with English. I asked for a peer reviewed scientific study on the type of masks that most people use when required to wear masks. All you can come up with are op-eds that have no scientific method employed.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ooooohhh.....watch out Remsen....you got two sockpuppet trolls after ya know!

I hope you will give me shelter when they come for me. Sorta like an Eskimo Oskar Shindler.

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by hatari

So people should be allowed to effect other peoples health? What about the personal responsibility?

You never did explain that they do not work at all, your thoughts?

Troll, you're here to play with semantics agains. eh?

Personal responsibility? When is it my personal responsibility to protect you? You want make everybody their brother's keeper. Should I run over to your house and snatch unhealthy food from your mouth? "No salty junk food, mister! No red meat! Only soy and plant based bullshit for you!" No different.

Tell me WHY we should wear masks, troll? Will it STOP the transmission of Covid completely? No, it won't. Best it can do is slow it. Why is it wise to slow it? Our healthcare system is ready to handle the pandemic now. This isn't March, 2020. We have PPE, ventilators and treatments ready to role. Why slow it? The last 4 respiratory pandemics ran their course in about 18-20 months. We are about 10 months into this. If left alone, the pandemic will probably be "over" by this time next year...unless the normal course of the disease is slowed!

Why do want to slow it? (Beside it is an election year?) To wait for a vaccine? Are you going to tell me that a vaccine will be safe. effective and ready to distribute by January 2021, and you can give out 200 million doses by next Labor Day? It will be a race between herd immunity and the vaccine for the masses.

Slowing it without the vaccine ready to go only spreads teh total number of cases over a longer time period. Without a vaccine or herd immunity, the virus lingers and just waits for hosts. A mask does not make the virus go away.

So what is your end game with slowing the spread?
Healthcare collapse? Miracle vaccine saves the planet next week? Tell me, bro!

You don't protect people in your dental office Hatari?

Do you wear a mask in your office?

I'm guessing your all masked up, but most here do not know what you do.

Game up Boss!

I personally don't want to see the health care field get overwhelmed as I have family members who work in the hospitals and they are getting really concerned about the amount of rising admissions currently.

Would you like to see 10 people that need treatment at your office or 150?

Remember you're only spreading it out longer!

Did dentists where masks before Covid the answer is yes so your argument is baseless. It’s idiots like you who believe the BS and that’s why it’s going on as long as it has. You’re just another dumbass troll and no one and I mean no one here gives a 💩 what you post here.

Why are dentists wearing masks at all before or during covid?

Remember they do not protect anyone right?

Why is our resident dentist wearing one at work? I mean really, he should stand for his freedom and refuse to wear it.

Why are people in his office wearing one now?

Why are the patients wearing them in the waiting area?

They do not work according to Hatari, so why wear them?

Hmmmmmmmmm!

Playing word games again?

My professional obligation is not part of the discussion. For that matter, I’ve worn PPE for 40 years.

What we are talking about is what is my personal (not professional obligation) to you or anyone else. Go back do I have an obligation to make you drive safely? Eat healthy? Exercise?

I call you on your Schlick and this is all you can do?

So you are wearing mask at work, your staff is as well, then why are your patients wearing them in your waiting area?

Using your logic they should not have to protect you correct?

You have an obligation to drive safely so you don't impact my well being as well as your own safety, just like your obligation to your patients. Or does that obligation end when the check is cashed? Is there a reason you wouldn't want to protect those same people when your around them outside of the dental office?

They are your customers you know and from a business stand point why potentially get them sick?

How can someone working with PPE for 40 not see the value in helping their fellow countryman?

Not a play on words, just using your hypocritical actions against you!

There is a difference.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

From the CDC:

Try again.

..............grin

You seem to have a problem with English. I asked for a peer reviewed scientific study on the type of masks that most people use when required to wear masks. All you can come up with are op-eds that have no scientific method employed.

You are the one with the English problem. You've been given such studies and you run around them - again. You are just a simple liar/denier

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

You seem to have a problem with English. I asked for a peer reviewed scientific study on the type of masks that most people use when required to wear masks. All you can come up with are op-eds that have no scientific method employed. [/quote]

You are the one with the English problem. You've been given such studies and you run around them - again. You are just a simple liar/denier
[/quote]

I deny that you have provided a single scientific study on the efficacy of cloth masks in preventing the spread of this particular virus. I've provided a CDC scientific study from this month that shows there is no evidence that cloth masks work.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

But that was an op-Ed from the CDC that has to account for more than one from the NYT or WaPo?

Oh... well... anyway...

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I

[/quote]

Still waiting for the scientific study on the types of masks that are mandated for use here, as I asked in my original question to OP. The report you linked to says nothing about wrapping a t-shirt over your mouth and nose. It doesn't even state what kind of masks they are talking about. The scientific study on CLOTH masks that the CDC published clearly states that cloth masks are ineffective, especially when they are used in the manner most people use them.
[/quote]

Warning: It's gonna hurt

Read the conclusion paragraph in the study you linked to and get back to us, I gather in advance you will be awhile..............

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw
It’s a virus that we once didn’t know how to treat but now do. We once weren’t sure who was at risk of serious health ramifications as a result of infection but now we are.

Therefore keep those at risk protected in ways that make sense for them (probably shouldn’t put infected patients into rest homes?) and let everyone else get back to normal.

It’s a virus doing what viruses do. Every case that doesn’t result in hospitalization is a success; framing it as anything else is pure unadulterated propaganda and shows this sham for what it is.

This is a test to see how many sheeple they can manipulate into saying “how high” when the media scares the daylights out of them and instruct “experts” to say “JUMP!”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by wvshooter

"...Once again the masks can not prevent the microbes from spreading in itself, but they limit the distance the water vapor droplets that carry them can travel, thus slowing the spread.

What ya got my friend!..."

That's the problem that people think about the airborne spread being carried by "droplets". The vast majority of the water from breathing is in a vapor form which goes all around any opening between the fit of mask and our face. There is not concrete proof that mask work. A lot of people that are knowledgeable on viruses and their transmission do not advocate masks use. What about the constant touching of the masks and face of the wearer? ……… that in and of itself is an infection risk.

See this is the thing. Isro thinks he's being clever by redirecting the mask/no mask argument towards the notion that "they limit sneezes", claiming that it's rock-solid obvious that they limit sneezes. And anyone who disagrees with mask wearing are obviously disagreeing with his "rock-solid obvious truth" that they limit sneezes. The Straw Man.

He also shows something here... "slowing the spread". This is the goal. The attempt to stretch this out as long as possible. Perhaps indefinitely. Claiming to "slow the spread" and "flatten the curve" can continue on forever. No real evidence needs to be shown, just the continued harping of "experts", and browbeating anyone who disagrees with these "experts". Masks may or may not have any effect whatsoever, but it doesn't matter, as long as you claim that they "slow the spread".

Once again your not limiting sneezes like you posted above but rather the distance the sneeze travels, hence slowing the spread>

Are you in favor of speeding up the spread?

Yes
Just get it over with.

You win the word twisting trophy today.
Take it and go home.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by wvshooter

"...Once again the masks can not prevent the microbes from spreading in itself, but they limit the distance the water vapor droplets that carry them can travel, thus slowing the spread.

What ya got my friend!..."

That's the problem that people think about the airborne spread being carried by "droplets". The vast majority of the water from breathing is in a vapor form which goes all around any opening between the fit of mask and our face. There is not concrete proof that mask work. A lot of people that are knowledgeable on viruses and their transmission do not advocate masks use. What about the constant touching of the masks and face of the wearer? ……… that in and of itself is an infection risk.

See this is the thing. Isro thinks he's being clever by redirecting the mask/no mask argument towards the notion that "they limit sneezes", claiming that it's rock-solid obvious that they limit sneezes. And anyone who disagrees with mask wearing are obviously disagreeing with his "rock-solid obvious truth" that they limit sneezes. The Straw Man.

He also shows something here... "slowing the spread". This is the goal. The attempt to stretch this out as long as possible. Perhaps indefinitely. Claiming to "slow the spread" and "flatten the curve" can continue on forever. No real evidence needs to be shown, just the continued harping of "experts", and browbeating anyone who disagrees with these "experts". Masks may or may not have any effect whatsoever, but it doesn't matter, as long as you claim that they "slow the spread".

Once again your not limiting sneezes like you posted above but rather the distance the sneeze travels, hence slowing the spread>

Are you in favor of speeding up the spread?

Yes
Just get it over with.

You win the word twisting trophy today.
Take it and go home.

Sweden seems to be pretty much done with Corona. The people who were gonna get it got it. And now it's pretty much run itself out there.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

[/quote]

Warning: It's gonna hurt

Read the conclusion paragraph in the study you linked to and get back to us, I gather in advance you will be awhile..............[/quote]

I didn't link to a study...

I quoted from a cdc report that concluded there is no evidence to support claims that cloth masks effectively prevent transmission of the virus, especially with regard to the ways cloth masks are used by the public.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.