Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Ruglin vs Remlin? hmmmmm...................

Ruger is Smarter than Remington. They will keep the brands separate. First thing they have to do is let people know that it's a good gun, not the crap Remington started with. When Remington gave it up, they were producing a good gun. But since most gun people know [bleep] about guns, they are internet experts they keep the story going. Nothing wrong with the new Marlins and Ruger is going to be using the same equipment.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

I am VERY surprised the dimwits at Smith & Wesson haven't cancelled the "hillary lock" on their revolvers - I know it has significantly harmed their sales.

VarmintGuy

S&W has saddled themselves with that stupid (and dangerous) lock, and they're stuck with it FOREVER. Their corporate lawyers shriek in horror every time someone mentions getting rid of it. Ditching the lock would be tacit admission that the lock is faulty (it is). What do you think would happen then?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
I heard Ruger will make a Mini 14 in 45-70 and a 336 in 223 that takes 30 rd mini 14 mags

From where did you hear this?

Was it From the same source that you couldn’t name saying that 90% of Hispanic people here were illegals?

They/them is just trying to get some "gun related" posts to offset they/their regular programming. Only point in paying attention is to see if they/them reference anything that would out the fact they are a cock-puppet.

MAGA
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
They will come out from beautiful Ruger castings.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
I heard Ruger will make a Mini 14 in 45-70 and a 336 in 223 that takes 30 rd mini 14 mags

From where did you hear this?

Was it From the same source that you couldn’t name saying that 90% of Hispanic people here were illegals?

They/them is just trying to get some "gun related" posts to offset they/their regular programming. Only point in paying attention is to see if they/them reference anything that would out the fact they are a cock-puppet.

It is rather ‘botish’.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Stophel

I am VERY surprised the dimwits at Smith & Wesson haven't cancelled the "hillary lock" on their revolvers - I know it has significantly harmed their sales.

VarmintGuy

S&W has saddled themselves with that stupid (and dangerous) lock, and they're stuck with it FOREVER. Their corporate lawyers shriek in horror every time someone mentions getting rid of it. Ditching the lock would be tacit admission that the lock is faulty (it is). What do you think would happen then?

Yet they have a Pro series J frame without the lock. Hard to read that message & the statement above. I'm confused as can be on the subject.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All models will now come with threaded barrels, and the receivers will be updated to include an integral section of Picatinny rail. Big loop lever as standard.

Last edited by Goosey; 10/08/20.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I hope Ruger will bring back the pistol grip 1984 models....

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunzo

VarmintGuy

Yet they have a Pro series J frame without the lock. Hard to read that message & the statement above. I'm confused as can be on the subject.

I'm shocked that S&W still offers anything without the lock.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Goosey
All models will now come with threaded barrels, and the receivers will be updated to include an integral section of Picatinny rail. Big loop lever as standard.

Most likely.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by renegade50

A 444 with a 24 inch barrel.
No cross bolt.
No checkering.
Good modern recoil pad.

It would sell.

No one wants that in 2020, they want .45-70s with stubby barrels and this kind of thing:

[Linked Image from recoilweb.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A rail on a lever gun ....kill the designer...twice......

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

VarmintGuy

They could at least move the sum bitch from the current location

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by atvalaska
A rail on a lever gun ....kill the designer...twice......

How else you gonna mount that scope with the 30 mm tube?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd be happy with a lever gun in 44 mag or any other 40+cal ( for those of us in communist states that restrict what we can use) that is affordable and works.

I'd take, if need be, a composite stock but don't need all that tacticool crap.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobBrown

VarmintGuy

They could at least move the sum bitch from the current location

It is pretty damned ugly. And they had to stretch the frame out around the hammer to accommodate it on the J, K, and L frames. Man, they're ugly.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Hopefully they let the revolver guys run the new Marlin lever gun side. At least they tend to keep things simple and fairly traditional. Please dont let the idiots in charge of special runs of 10/22s with the laser engravings of dragons/alligators/other BS anywhere near the Marlin levers.

Wonder what will happen to the Model 60? Being a direct competitor to the 10/22 I wonder if they will keep it around? I bought a new Model 60 in the last year and other than the usual poor trigger, it ahoots and functions well and has good fit. I'd hate to see it go away.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ironically, other than mags, the 10/22 is said to be a near copy of the Marlin 60 that pre dates it by 4 or 5 years.. I don't have a 60 on hand to compare.

Ruger should buy a shotgun company next. Might be cheaper than trying to engineer, market one of their own.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=Blackheart] If they're as good as the other guns they make, 3 out of 5 will be junk.[/quote

I’ve never owned any Ruger junk and I own a bunch of Ruger’s handguns and rifles.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have never owned a lever action. By the looks of those prototypes if I ever develop a lever itch I will scratch it with a 99.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 34 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.