Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Redneck

So far, the WI. Tavern League has succeeded in quelling much of his BS orders... But they better keep at it..

Leave it to WI taverns to quell the Bull Schit. LMAO. grin grin

Camp is where you make it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Arguing covid protocols or the ultimate impact of covid is a losing proposition. There are many good points made by people on both sides of any covid debate. Yes some of it is political, yes some of it is science, yes the likely death rate is small, yes it is highly contagious, etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. One thing I learned hanging with Marines for 25 years (from Guadalcanal vets to Fallujah vets) is that being tough is not about talking tough or acting tough or even braving death. Tough means doing what you have to look out for the guy on your left and the guy on your right. So when someone talks to me about covid precautions that is where my thougths go. I take precautions to protect those around me recognizing full well that the mask does not protect me and knowing full well that I am healthy and probably not at serious risk. That is why I think voluntarily agreeing to covid protocols is a good, sensible idea. If it helps shorten the pandemic all the better, but I really do not know if it will do that or not. .

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.- Albert Einstein
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Milwroad
Arguing covid protocols or the ultimate impact of covid is a losing proposition. There are many good points made by people on both sides of any covid debate. Yes some of it is political, yes some of it is science, yes the likely death rate is small, yes it is highly contagious, etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. One thing I learned hanging with Marines for 25 years (from Guadalcanal vets to Fallujah vets) is that being tough is not about talking tough or acting tough or even braving death. Tough means doing what you have to look out for the guy on your left and guy on your right. So when someone talks to me about covid precautions that is where my thougths go. I take precautions to protect those around me recognizing full well that the mask does not protect me and knowing full well that I am healthy and probably not at serious risk. That is why I think voluntarily agreeing to covid protocols is a good, sensible idea. If it helps shorten the pandemic all the better, but I really do not know if it will do that or not. .

I am actively seeking out the Coronavirus. I prefer to get it now (and believe I might actually have it as I type) before winter gets here and I'm also fighting other flus and other illnesses. I also am in excellent physical condition now and might have deteriorated condition to my health later.

Bottomline I prefer to get it and get it overwith. There will not be a practical vaccine for a decade. And my health 10 years from now will be less than it is today. The likelihood of a reinfection is extremely low regardless of what the media tries to make you think and if indeed I do have the coronavirus as I type... it is virtually nothing.

A temperature of 5 or 6 days between 100 and 102.5. Sour throat, some GI drama and some very minor respiratory. But on a scale of 1 to 10... 10 being the worst flu I've ever had... at most this is a 2.

You and your Marine buddies are welcome to hide from anything you like. You are also welcome to confront the enemy face-to-face. Coronavirus is not going away and you will be hiding for an extremely long time. Choose any path you choose to pursue and best of luck to you. That is a sincere statement.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Windfall
If staying the hell away from other people helps keep you safe, why wouldn't you? Are you getting your medical advise from a medical professional, a politician or the Campfire?

How about we let the Campfire help you out?

A little more information might help you with some of the mystery. Are you talking individually, or collectively? Individually, I'd advise you to avoid others as an individual. The collective effect of masks and lockdowns is another story. It would appear they do very little for greater population. It just kicks the can down the road praying for a vaccine to someday save them. Someday.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...911/did-sweden-get-it-right#Post15354911

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Windfall
Some of you are so woefully uninformed it boggles the mind. Who says that it has to be an all or nothing shut down, but it is all you independent thinkers out there going your own way ignoring any semblance of science that WILL cause a complete shut down because you can't be bothered to wear a damn spit shield. North Dakota is the least mask wearing state in the country and surprise, it is leading the nation in cases per 1,000 residents. Skeen, you being a Kansas resident of all people should have seen this in your own state. Your Democratic governor made a state wide mask mandate in early July, but your Republican legislature came out a week later and said that people didn't need to follow it. Then 22 Kansas counties passed their own county wide mask mandate. Fast forward to the end of July and after and the mask mandated counties have had HALF the reported Covid-19 cases per capita.

I'm not hiding in my basement, but I'm smart enough to be picking up my groceries delivered to my car or going through a drive through instead of going inside interacting with other people. Like a lot of you, just being retirement age puts our generation at risk to say nothing of many of us having some pre-existing condition. Drinking here seems to be a real necessity and draping ones self over a bar stool somehow has given the tavern league the power to override good sense legislation. Herd mentality you say? That didn't work for Sweden very well did it? That makes about as much sense as Spain hosing down their streets with holy water early on.

We have 16% of our remaining hospital bed space available largely because so many of the Covid cases are hospitalized for so long. Granted, some people don't get Covid-19 as badly as others, but why risk getting it at all? 10% of the people that do get a bad case of it are now known as long haulers which means that they have life long respiratory, circulatory or cognitive issues. If staying the hell away from other people helps keep you safe, why wouldn't you? Are you getting your medical advise from a medical professional, a politician or the Campfire?

simple minded
If he wants to spend his life hiding from society because he's believing all this BS from the MSM and this leftist control-freak Evers, he has the freedom to do so.. But in all honesty I actually feel sorry for him and anyone who is so afraid of perceived danger that they literally live the rest of their lives in fear, in hiding and in anti-societal behavior. over 99% of new cases are people who show little-to-no symptoms.. A tiny percentage get truly sick and an even smaller percentage end up on hospitals - usually related to and coupled to other issues..

I for one value freedom - as do (I would bet) the vast majority of others here..

Last edited by Redneck; 10/28/20.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't we use the Campfire to find a report and an interview made within the past month with the head doc and epidemiologist for Sweden? BBC asked him why GB had 53,000 cases in a recent 2 week period when Sweden only had about 3400?

"The main reason is that the UK had a very strict lockdown and then open up."

- Anders Tegnell, Sweden's Chief Epidemiologist

Go ahead, view it. It won't hurt you. Learn from someone with plenty of training and education. Swedish public servants tend to work for the public good and not the Party good. Swedes trust him. Do you trust Dr. Fauci as much? (Based on my recent survey here, hell no!)

[video:youtube]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...911/did-Sweden-get-it-right#Post15354911[/video]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you listen to Dr. Tegnell carefully, you will understand that a "second wave" is a result of lock down and reopening. A rebound effect. It is natural for a increase spike to occur after a lockdown.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
No one-hold on NO ONE wants to or will discuss or mention the elephant in the room re: the United States.

We have way too many with self induced health deficiencies.

It is what it is[Just as Trump said], and it allows a virus like COVID to do things it wouldn't normally be capable of.

FJB & FJT
I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Looks like Wisco is running number three today in confirmed cases, kicking Minnesota's hinder. I wonder what the difference is?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by ISRO
Looks like Wisco is running number three today in confirmed cases, kicking Minnesota's hinder. I wonder what the difference is?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Originally Posted by hatari
If you listen to Dr. Tegnell carefully, you will understand that a "second wave" is a result of lock down and reopening. A rebound effect. It is natural for a increase spike to occur after a lockdown.

Answer has already been provided, tho not the one you wanted.

Sorry... it’s science.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Covid must thrive in dairy.

Im lactose intolerant.

Allergic to liberals too

Been social distancing, way before it became cool.

Last edited by hookeye; 10/28/20.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Raeford
No one-hold on NO ONE wants to or will discuss or mention the elephant in the room re: the United States.

We have way too many with self induced health deficiencies.

It is what it is[Just as Trump said], and it allows a virus like COVID to do things it wouldn't normally be capable of.

As a population, the U.S. is extremely unhealthy. Mostly obesity/sedentary related. That chicken has come home to roost with covid.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think the terminology is wrong. A positive test is just that, a positive test. A case should be defined as someone who has actual symptoms requiring some sort of treatment.

We should not be worried about increased numbers of positive tests, if you’re in a risk group, take extra precautions.

This is more politics than science. Yes, some get deathly sick and die but there is no reason to live in fear or to shut the entire country down. Georgia is doing pretty good since reopening in May. Wash your hands, social distance, don’t group up with strangers you don’t know. The vast majority of people will be fine. If you have serious health issues, hibernate to your heart’s content. My family is living our lives and going about our business. You’ll be much happier if you do the same.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slowmover12
I think the terminology is wrong. A positive test is just that, a positive test. A case should be defined as someone who has actual symptoms requiring some sort of treatment.

We should not be worried about increased numbers of positive tests, if you’re in a risk group, take extra precautions.

This is more politics than science. Yes, some get deathly sick and die but there is no reason to live in fear or to shut the entire country down. Georgia is doing pretty good since reopening in May. Wash your hands, social distance, don’t group up with strangers you don’t know. The vast majority of people will be fine. If you have serious health issues, hibernate to your heart’s content. My family is living our lives and going about our business. You’ll be much happier if you do the same.
Excellent post, and spot on.. Kudos.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Yep my hunting partner’s wife got a positive test on Sunday and they’ve been quarantined since. He, his son, and the grad student who lives with them will get test results today. He told me this yesterday of their health as a group, “ For you questions about our health, we’re doing fine. None of us have any meaningful symptoms at all and if we’d never heard of Covid or been tested, wouldn’t even be aware of having anything.”

How do you call his wife (and if they get positive tests, the other three) “cases”... unless you’re trying to make a case for a preconceived narrative...

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
#SuperSpreaderinPhilly

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Redneck

Excellent post, and spot on.. Kudos.

In a logical environment, yes. Things should get more logical soon

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Milwroad
Arguing covid protocols or the ultimate impact of covid is a losing proposition. There are many good points made by people on both sides of any covid debate. Yes some of it is political, yes some of it is science, yes the likely death rate is small, yes it is highly contagious, etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. One thing I learned hanging with Marines for 25 years (from Guadalcanal vets to Fallujah vets) is that being tough is not about talking tough or acting tough or even braving death. Tough means doing what you have to look out for the guy on your left and the guy on your right. So when someone talks to me about covid precautions that is where my thougths go. I take precautions to protect those around me recognizing full well that the mask does not protect me and knowing full well that I am healthy and probably not at serious risk. That is why I think voluntarily agreeing to covid protocols is a good, sensible idea. If it helps shorten the pandemic all the better, but I really do not know if it will do that or not. .

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by efw

Yep my hunting partner’s wife got a positive test on Sunday and they’ve been quarantined since. He, his son, and the grad student who lives with them will get test results today. He told me this yesterday of their health as a group, “ For you questions about our health, we’re doing fine. None of us have any meaningful symptoms at all and if we’d never heard of Covid or been tested, wouldn’t even be aware of having anything.”

How do you call his wife (and if they get positive tests, the other three) “cases”... unless you’re trying to make a case for a preconceived narrative...

I have been running most of the Covid symptoms myself for the past 8 or so days. Feeling much better this morning and have no intention of getting tested... not worth the money or wasting my time trying to chase down some Clinic somewhere.

If what I have had is the Rona... it is a complete and total joke... like the type of cold that nine out of 10 of us would have gone to work with our entire lives.

Who knows who cares I quit paying attention to the hysteria a long time ago.

Media puppets are worse than NFL puppets.

Last edited by CashisKing; 10/29/20. Reason: Typos.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Would it be wrong of me to say I LIKE the Covid Karens?

I look at this way - the lockdowns don't affect me much, if at all. I still go hunting, shooting and to parties. No mask.
The best part is the lockdowns allow my family & I to work from home. I really like that. We even pulled our daughter out of public woke school and the saps are like "oh, we understand your fear". laugh

And it's doing terrible things to the bottom lines of the pro sports leagues that hate us.

I feel kinda dirty now. laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 270cowboy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 67 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.