Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by longshot3
So I took my rifle to the range with some factory American Eagle 185 soft points and it is shooting a consistent 1.25-1.5 inch group at 100 yes. Perfect for the woods this season.

On a side note, the Zeiss that came on the rifle would not hold zero, so I changed scopes at the range and all was good. Being the great company that they are, Zeiss is replacing the scope with a brand new Z4!

When the season is over in January, I'm going to be working on loads for this rifle. I think I've decided on the 185 ttsx.

Awesome to see Zeiss stand behind their product!

GB1

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
So I took my rifle to the range with some factory American Eagle 185 soft points and it is shooting a consistent 1.25-1.5 inch group at 100 yes. Perfect for the woods this season.

On a side note, the Zeiss that came on the rifle would not hold zero, so I changed scopes at the range and all was good. Being the great company that they are, Zeiss is replacing the scope with a brand new Z4!

When the season is over in January, I'm going to be working on loads for this rifle. I think I've decided on the 185 ttsx.

Good luck finding 185 TTSXs if you don’t already have them. I’m starting on some 185 GMXs because I can’t find any TTSXs for sale.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Montana Xtreme X2 dunno how it shoots the only time I took it to the range I had problems with case extraction with factory Federal Fusion loads. After 3 shots I called it quits and it sat in the safe for a long time. Right now its at the gunsmith I'm guessing it has a rough chamber and the cases are sticking we'll see. There weren't any signs of excessive pressure on the cases.

I should have shot it right away when I bought it but I did not and by the time I did MRC was out of business, so I'll be paying for whatever the fix is on my dime. Hopefully honing the chamber takes care of the issue.

I'm also thinking about maybe getting the barrel cut down a bit (it's 24" from the factory) but I'd like to actually try shooting it for accuracy first as is.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by prm

Good luck finding 185 TTSXs if you don’t already have them. I’m starting on some 185 GMXs because I can’t find any TTSXs for sale.

Jeeze! I can't find any either! Might have to go the Hornady route as well. The 185 Fusion is hard to find too. Federal uses that in it's MSR line.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Jonnymac
I have a Montana Xtreme X2 dunno how it shoots the only time I took it to the range I had problems with case extraction with factory Federal Fusion loads. After 3 shots I called it quits and it sat in the safe for a long time. Right now its at the gunsmith I'm guessing it has a rough chamber and the cases are sticking we'll see. There weren't any signs of excessive pressure on the cases.

I should have shot it right away when I bought it but I did not and by the time I did MRC was out of business, so I'll be paying for whatever the fix is on my dime. Hopefully honing the chamber takes care of the issue.

I'm also thinking about maybe getting the barrel cut down a bit (it's 24" from the factory) but I'd like to actually try shooting it for accuracy first as is.

Hopefully, it's an easy(and inexpensive)fix!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hope so too. I didn't ask for price....I guess worst case it has to get rebarreled if the chamber is fubar. The honing sounds like it should be fairly simple but he has a 12 week backlog

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[Linked Image from uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com]

Just picked this little darling last week. I also picked up 5 boxes of 210 TTSX. It’s currently at my smiths getting threaded 9/16x24 to be used with a 9/16-5/8x24 adapter so I can use my 338 supressor on this.

Anyone have a good load for the 210 TTSX IN THE 338 federal?

Last edited by Josh Sorensen; 11/16/20.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (007FJ, 163bc, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,647
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.