Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I saw a guy eating the berries out of grizzly crap on youtube once. He was a survivalist. The video is out there. I can't find it.

GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Heym06
Bears eat anything! They even like motor oil! Had one raid a logging site years ago, bit into and drank a gallon of oil! I always wondered how long it took to send that out the other end!

Yes. I talked to a camp owner once and he said he poured bacon grease on a pile of woodchips and the bears ate the woodchips.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have seen them with garbage bags hanging out of their ass, is there anything they won't eat?

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Bears eat anything! They even like motor oil! Had one raid a logging site years ago, bit into and drank a gallon of oil! I always wondered how long it took to send that out the other end!

Don’t know but it sure came out easily 😀

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OldHat
I saw a guy eating the berries out of grizzly crap on youtube once. He was a survivalist. The video is out there. I can't find it.

Won’t be needing to go look for that!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've seen birds into bear s**t. Taken back what is theirs.

Had one take a monster dump in our driveway late spring, damned stuff looked like the top of a nutty buddy ice cream cone.
Lab pup ate every bit of it at about 4pm.
I kept her out until about 10PM, nothing.
She held it in until 3AM..... sick sick

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes. I talked to a camp owner once and he said he poured bacon grease on a pile of woodchips and the bears ate the woodchips.

So if you want to get rid of something just pour bacon grease on it?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

So if you want to get rid of something just pour bacon grease on it?

Probably don't even need bears around for that to work.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I found one of them, Bear grylls

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Bears in Juneau come right into town in broad daylight and walk around. I was in the barber shop once during peak tourist season and a bear comes walking down the street and peple are freaking out. This is right downtown Juneau.

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Bear grylls is a serious dumbass!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I'd really like to see a list of things a bear ***won't*** eat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Camping in Ontario bears ate our toothpaste , deodorant and chewed the coal oil lamps .

Last edited by Rick n Tenn; 11/19/20.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sevastopol

Here is my list:

That’s about it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Maybe bird feeders are Bear Pinatas ?

It just seems odd they’d like bird seed, I know they like grubs and honey, but bird seed ?

Bird seed smells like beer to them.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sevastopol

I think that you already made it with this post.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

What Bender said. - even if they don't eat it, they will bite it. At an alpine lake here on the Peninsula, someone had flown in a plastic canoe, which I would use whenever I went there. After a couple years, a bear bit into it. Made a dandy livebox while I was using it fishing for rainbows in the lake. did have to bail once in awhile, or I couldn't re-catch the fish in the canoe.

At one time, I had a couple cases of 30wt within bear reach at my remote cabin. The old cardboard quarts. And some 2 cycle in plastic quarts, both of which a bear or bears liked to sample.

Fixed that by leaving a couple cans of aerosol bug spray in there with them. IIRC, only one of the bug spray was ever bitten, and that was the end of losing oil to the bear bites.

I now keep all such things above reach -after a bear bit into a 5 gal plastic can of gasoline. My watch bear that beds under the cabin overhang when I'm not there doesn't bother the metal stuff, tho he did crimp the propane line to unusability between this last summer and the summer before. Not on purpose- he was just trying to get into the cabin.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by las; 11/19/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They eat all kinds of weird chit. Chain saw bar oil. Yep they love it. I sweeten up salt piles at trail cams with kool aid the scent attracts the deer and they find the salt quicker. First pics every year though are bears. They don't come back though not in to salt.
Birdseed is high quality food us humans didn't spend all day beating wheat stalks by hand centuries ago cause it was fun. Once bears get a taste for bird seed you will not get rid of them unless you get rid of the bird feeder or get rid of the bear they just love it.

Last edited by Salty303; 11/19/20.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
so they can schit in the woods

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Because they want to fly.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 12 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,766
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.