24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: Jim_Conrad] #15441305 11/22/20
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 89,126
deflave Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 89,126
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahahaha!

Bastards!


I remember hearing that all the time when I was a kid. "Starving kids in China!".

Clean your plate.....starving kids in blah blah....


Anyway....230 plus probably a 50 dollar tip is more than I make a week.



Yeah but you're still a man.

Which is more than ISRO will ever be able to say.

LOL


Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Yes, I voted for Biden
BP-B2

Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: OrangeOkie] #15441326 11/22/20
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,338
H
HitnRun Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,338


Originally Posted by Backroads
Funny how some folks reading the internet, feel superior to other folks reading the internet...


Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: deflave] #15441342 11/22/20
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30,399
Jim_Conrad Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30,399
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahahaha!

Bastards!


I remember hearing that all the time when I was a kid. "Starving kids in China!".

Clean your plate.....starving kids in blah blah....


Anyway....230 plus probably a 50 dollar tip is more than I make a week.



Yeah but you're still a man.

Which is more than ISRO will ever be able to say.

LOL


That does help some!

Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: Anaconda] #15442994 11/22/20
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,973
R
rem141r Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,973
Originally Posted by Anaconda
Some basic industry knowledge for discussing steaks.

*Grass fed, refers to beef that has not been grain finished.
Grass fed is only a tiny fraction of the beef on the commercial market.

I know that it is possible to get a tender, juicy steak from grass fed beef, but that is the exception, not the rule.
For the most part, grass fed beef will be dryer, tougher and slightly gamey tasting when compared to it’s grain finished counterpart.

Some people prefer grass fed beef. I won’t argue with them, To each his own.


this would explain why the quarter my daughter and her boyfriend bought sucked. it tasted like bad deer meat. they had hundreds of pounds of it. i tried to be nice to the boyfriend because his friend raised it but i told my daughter not to bring us any steaks anymore.



My diploma is a DD214
Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: rem141r] #15443008 11/22/20
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 32,114
5sdad Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 32,114
Originally Posted by rem141r
Originally Posted by Anaconda
Some basic industry knowledge for discussing steaks.

*Grass fed, refers to beef that has not been grain finished.
Grass fed is only a tiny fraction of the beef on the commercial market.

I know that it is possible to get a tender, juicy steak from grass fed beef, but that is the exception, not the rule.
For the most part, grass fed beef will be dryer, tougher and slightly gamey tasting when compared to it’s grain finished counterpart.

Some people prefer grass fed beef. I won’t argue with them, To each his own.


this would explain why the quarter my daughter and her boyfriend bought sucked. it tasted like bad deer meat. they had hundreds of pounds of it. i tried to be nice to the boyfriend because his friend raised it but i told my daughter not to bring us any steaks anymore.


Excellent original post and follow-up.


Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC-A

Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: Jim_Conrad] #15443075 11/22/20
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,940
F
Fubarski Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,940
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You should be ashamed of yourself.

There are starving kids in China!


[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: OrangeOkie] #15443201 11/22/20
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,840
gonehuntin Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,840
My friends say the Reata Restaurant in Fort Worth is tops. There's also one in Alpine, so that makes it a regional chain?

https://www.reata.net/reata-fort-worth/menus/dinner/


"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.






Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: OrangeOkie] #15443478 11/22/20
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 935
G
gkt5450 Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 935
Hit and Run,
We’ve been to Cattleman’s Steakhouse a few times during our married life. Have enjoyed it immensely each time. It is a amazing operation.
Gonehuntin,
I worked in Downtown Fort Worth many years. When we had clients in town we would take them to Reata and Billy Bobs and make certain they got the “A” treatment. I couldn’t give a flip for Billy Bobs. Best beer in town was “White Elephant Saloon” in The Stockyards. I wasn’t beyond buying boots and hats for the right ones.

Last edited by gkt5450; 11/22/20.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: gkt5450] #15443607 11/22/20
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,840
gonehuntin Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,840
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Hit and Run,
We’ve been to Cattleman’s Steakhouse a few times during our married life. Have enjoyed it immensely each time. It is a amazing operation.
Gonehuntin,
I worked in Downtown Fort Worth many years. When we had clients in town we would take them to Reata and Billy Bobs and make certain they got the “A” treatment. I couldn’t give a flip for Billy Bobs. Best beer in town was “White Elephant Saloon” in The Stockyards. I wasn’t beyond buying boots and hats for the right ones.


You took 'em to Peters Bros. hats, right??


"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.






Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: OrangeOkie] #15443678 11/22/20
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,963
CowboyTim Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,963
Texas Roadhouse is the best around here. Cattle Barons was excellent, ate there in Roswell, don't know if they are just in the Southwest...


Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
IC-B

Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: CowboyTim] #15443701 11/22/20
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 89,126
deflave Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 89,126
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Texas Roadhouse is the best around here. Cattle Barons was excellent, ate there in Roswell, don't know if they are just in the Southwest...



Let's all markdown the Wisconsin vote.

LOL

You stupid fugks wouldn't know a cheeseburger from a d i l d o.


Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Yes, I voted for Biden
Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: Fubarski] #15443726 11/22/20
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,304
A
add Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,304
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You should be ashamed of yourself.

There are starving kids in China!


[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]



laugh



Epstein didn't kill himself.

Biden didn't win the election.
Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: deflave] #15443730 11/22/20
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,622
I
ISRO Offline
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,622
Originally Posted by deflave
d i l d o.



Someone want a d i l d o picture...............


Here ya go, with a pet fawn no less.........

LOL



[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: deflave] #15443798 11/22/20
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,963
CowboyTim Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,963
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Texas Roadhouse is the best around here. Cattle Barons was excellent, ate there in Roswell, don't know if they are just in the Southwest...



Let's all markdown the Wisconsin vote.

LOL

You stupid fugks wouldn't know a cheeseburger from a d i l d o.


Grew up around cattle, free tip. Angus brings a premium, but Hereford or Shorthorn steer will generally give you a little better marbling. If you're looking for good steer for the money
a Jersey dairy steer will generally cut pretty good as they are fine boned, and they are smaller so you can get a smaller half if it fits your budget better. Stay away from most of the big dairy steers, especially Holsteins, you'll wind up paying for too much bone when you buy by hanging weight.

Personally, I prefer mine finished on grain.


Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: CowboyTim] #15443803 11/22/20
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 89,126
deflave Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 89,126
Originally Posted by CowboyTim

Grew up around cattle, free tip. Angus brings a premium, but Hereford or Shorthorn steer will generally give you a little better marbling. If you're looking for good steer for the money
a Jersey dairy steer will generally cut pretty good as they are fine boned, and they are smaller so you can get a smaller half if it fits your budget better. Stay away from most of the big dairy steers, especially Holsteins, you'll wind up paying for too much bone when you buy by hanging weight.

Personally, I prefer mine finished on grain.


You know as much about quality beef as you do eating pussy.

Do yourself a favor and STFU.


Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Yes, I voted for Biden
Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: ISRO] #15443812 11/22/20
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 89,126
deflave Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 89,126
Originally Posted by ISRO



Someone want a d i l d o picture...............


Here ya go, with a pet fawn no less.........

LOL



[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]


ISRO can't afford anything past Ponderosa.

And still flicks her bean to my pic.

LOL


Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Yes, I voted for Biden
Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: OrangeOkie] #15443813 11/22/20
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30,399
Jim_Conrad Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30,399
Hahaha!

A fugging expert.


There is virtually nothing a Biden voter can say that is to be trusted.

Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: deflave] #15443817 11/22/20
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30,399
Jim_Conrad Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30,399
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ISRO



Someone want a d i l d o picture...............


Here ya go, with a pet fawn no less.........

LOL



[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]


ISRO can't afford anything past Ponderosa.

And still flicks her bean to my pic.

LOL


She does like that one....

Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: Jim_Conrad] #15443823 11/22/20
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 89,126
deflave Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 89,126
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

She does like that one....


They all do.

LOL


Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Yes, I voted for Biden
Re: Best National Steakhouse Chain? [Re: OrangeOkie] #15443847 11/22/20
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 35,628
SamOlson Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 35,628
Fuuck now I'm gettin' hard.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1
Who's Online Now
720 registered members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 163bc, 158XTP, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 925 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3










Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3
(Release build 20190728)
PHP: 7.3.26 Page Time: 0.070s Queries: 15 (0.006s) Memory: 0.8863 MB (Peak: 1.0528 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2021-01-16 14:14:20 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS