Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Ballz is not welcome.

Clear enough?

Roy, you are not welcome to comment on my post.

Not because I'm rude or inconsiderate but because you are so exceptionally stupid and have the maturity of a 12 year old girl and contribute absolutely nothing other than to attempt to hijack every post you interject on by making it all about you.

I would not take your advice on how to fill a bucket with water. Do you get it yet I consider you to be a complete and total blithering idiot.

Did I put a sharp enough point on it for you?

gunner500 is his best friend.

Just ask him.

LOL

But didn't Gunner go to the rally in DC? I though ballz said bad things about those guys? Or was it bad things about everybody but Gunner?
Jerry will do what he wants to do.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higginez

Big mistake running the Chrysler Auto trans.

Agree, but I can do a stage 3 for $1800.

A stage 3 should hold up if I don't get stupid on the engine upgrades.

My re has about 5k in hard parts and still manages to puke electronics, broke a pro series band and isn't able to use multiple trans tunes on the fly.

My 4r100 has a third of the money in it and is much easier to drive and I can have a mountain of different tunes on the hydra to shift on the fly. I can literally make it shift however I want with the push of a button.

My re has to tap the brake to unlock then hit the od switch to bring pressure up, has a hi/lo dimmer on the floor for manual lock and I look like a heavy metal drummer to make it do what the Ford does by pushing a different tune on the fly.

If you're not drag racing, id go ford trans for sure.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Ballz is not welcome.

Clear enough?

Roy, you are not welcome to comment on my post.

Not because I'm rude or inconsiderate but because you are so exceptionally stupid and have the maturity of a 12 year old girl and contribute absolutely nothing other than to attempt to hijack every post you interject on by making it all about you.

I would not take your advice on how to fill a bucket with water. Do you get it yet I consider you to be a complete and total blithering idiot.

Did I put a sharp enough point on it for you?

gunner500 is his best friend.

Just ask him.

LOL

But didn't Gunner go to the rally in DC? I though ballz said bad things about those guys? Or was it bad things about everybody but Gunner?
Jerry will do what he wants to do.

You missed the point. It wasn't about Gunner.

MAGA
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
You can't answer? You don't know why you want to do It? You just want to talk about it? Fine. I just looked for a logical reason.

Had an acquaintance once that took an I-6 out of a Ford van & said he was going to put a 351 Cleveland in it. Just hearing stories about Ford conversions, I asked if he could do that. He informed me that he could mount a Hemi on a skate board.

I thought about that,,,,,, & agreed. But the posing question, the point of the whole thing was,,,, why? Just to prove you can do it? It's not good for anything other than to prove you have skills, "if" you do it. Or, just to talk silly chit about something that, so far, you've failed to define,,,, why?

The motorheads creed stands guess, you do it cause you can. It is America after all.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Damn. I can not believe Roy actually left this thread .

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunzo
You can't answer? You don't know why you want to do It? You just want to talk about it? Fine. I just looked for a logical reason.

Had an acquaintance once that took an I-6 out of a Ford van & said he was going to put a 351 Cleveland in it. Just hearing stories about Ford conversions, I asked if he could do that. He informed me that he could mount a Hemi on a skate board.

I thought about that,,,,,, & agreed. But the posing question, the point of the whole thing was,,,, why? Just to prove you can do it? It's not good for anything other than to prove you have skills, "if" you do it. Or, just to talk silly chit about something that, so far, you've failed to define,,,, why?

The reasoning I saw and had in mind for doing it on a Suburban was parts for a square body Chevy are ubiquitous, and cheap. And even a dunderhead like me can work on them some. Putting in a rebuilt 12v Cummins was to give it a dead nuts reliable means of locomotion. End of days type thinking.

Not the OP, and not the vehicle in question but in true 'fire fashion I answered anyway. laugh

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

The reasoning I saw and had in mind for doing it on a Suburban was parts for a square body Chevy are ubiquitous, and cheap. And even a dunderhead like me can work on them some. Putting in a rebuilt 12v Cummins was to give it a dead nuts reliable means of locomotion. End of days type thinking.

Not the OP, and not the vehicle in question but in true 'fire fashion I answered anyway. laugh
you will have to upgrade all the suspension because of the weight.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CashisKing;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the week treated you well and you've been having as Happy a Thanksgiving as possible all things considered.

With the understanding that I've never personally done the modification in question, but am a wee bit of a "diesel nut" I'd offer the following.

While the current pickup in the yard is an '03 Cummins with the 24V engine and I've been extremely pleased with it thus far, if I was to do a swap there's no question I'd start with a 12V for sure.

We joke up here that if one could get an F350 with a Cummins and an Allison transmission one might have a rig worth owning and that's not far from where you're headed in a few ways.

The tricky part will be figuring out the electronics even in an '03 Excursion unless I miss my guess.

It might be a good idea to make sure the front end is beefy enough to handle the weight of the Cummins for sure, that's the one thing that Dodge surely missed by a wide margin on our '03 and whenever possible I've been switching in components from '08 which are much heavier and still compatible for the most part.

Anyways, if it's just a project to do for something to do, I'd opine it'd be a fun one for sure, much like the Jetta 1.6 engine swap I keep on threatening to do in an older Cherokee. wink

Good luck on your project whichever way you decide and I hope the remainder of your Thanksgiving weekend is a good one for you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Was actually going to take a leaf out of the pack to give some good motion at the stop lights. Look over at some chica's and say "who's rico muther fugking suave?"

MAGA
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
End of days type thinking is as a legit a reason for the monumental effort that I can think of. I've even looked at I-4 Cummins prices, but it's all a serious undertaking for.. what if.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Was actually going to take a leaf out of the pack to give some good motion at the stop lights. Look over at some chica's and say "who's rico muther fugking suave?"
I'll drive my twelve valve till the body rots off then find another body for it.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
also if I can find that site, they make an adapter to use the Allison trans with the Cummins.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Saw a recent article on the Allison conversion kits now offered. Seems like a decent way to go if you e the scratch. Pretty cost prohibitive if I remember right.

On the Ford side, BTS has a strong rep for rebuilding them. I believe he guarantees something like up to 1000 hp. I’ve also read once where he rebuilt clutch packs in a unit someone bought of CLs used for nothing. That’s where I intend to get my 7.3 Tran rebuilt if/when the TC goes south on me.

I ran into a guy that had a late 90’s Super Duty with a wrecker type setup that had a Cummins. He’d picked it up south for $10k and it was pristine. I couldn’t talk him out of it despite a semi serious effort.

I missed an op at a 99 Excursion with 20k miles on it a few years back and I’ve been watching. I would like. Low mileage, clean early Excursion for the stronger 7.3 design they had.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Your ideas for vehicles fall somewhere between Lego Kits and retards.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Your ideas for vehicles fall somewhere between Lego Kits and retards.

Go pour some sake in your jap toy. We're talking trucks.

MAGA
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yeah, doing that Tim the tool man grunt.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Go pour some sake in your jap toy. We're talking trucks.

You could have the baddest truck on the planet.

And it would still end up in the ditch.

You drive like a clam.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah, doing that Tim the tool man grunt.

Gruff's Power Wagon (not a dick joke) has been dug out by 'flave.

You think that lazy fugk has ever had to dig out one of MY vehicles?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
vroom vroom

warm that bitch up to go 2 miles to, well, everything lmao

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
When you go do pedoworld, or epcot or whatever, do you show the japanese tourists a pic of your vehicle and ask them if they recognize it?

MAGA
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,011
Posts18,500,261
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.