Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Huntz
For all you ignorant mutherfuggers:

Beck (1988) the Supreme Court ruled that the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) restricted unions from collecting dues for political activities if a union member chooses to opt out. The required dues can only be used for collective-bargaining and other representational activities.

funny. thanks for supporting Biden and Harris

Taxpayers in general, support Biden and Harris, wanted or not.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
With our union it didn't matter if you were a member or not, you still got the same benefits just not the legal representation .

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Scout308
No, Palm Beach County!

Well, I guess we found one. smile

MAGA
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Gristle
I’ll be the first. I’m a Teamster ( been at UPS for 30 years this past August) and I don’t agree with their political views......have at it.

Originally Posted by DBT
The function of a union is to represent its members in the workplace. They have no business meddling in immigration issues or politics beyond that mandate; representing their members at the bargaining table when needed. The members are the union.

damn your are dumb

You help pay for illegal aliens and government funded abortions and countless other things you dont agree with. Me too.

Quitting your job any time soon?

Maybe Gruff did....

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Gruff's sitting pretty in his single wide on a lot in a trailer park with a view of the airport collecting social security disability. Nothing for me to quit except living.

MAGA
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
A simple question for the union members here on the 'fire,

Are any of you willing to name your union and stand behind it's political contributions?

NO!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Gruff's sitting pretty in his single wide on a lot in a trailer park with a view of the airport collecting social security disability. Nothing for me to quit except living.

So, a Union gig?

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by HawkI

So, a Union gig?

smile

MAGA
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Its not like youre the right race or sex to work at the Post Office.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by HawkI
Its not like youre the right race or sex to work at the Post Office.

It's funny you said that. The wife and I were talking about that very thing yesterday!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wife and two daughters SEIU members. All three voted for Trump.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by DBT
The function of a union is to represent its members in the workplace. They have no business meddling in immigration issues or politics beyond that mandate; representing their members at the bargaining table when needed. The members are the union.

Awww that is precious..... were you born yesterday?

Were you? It seems so. Not to mention being ignorant of why unions were formed in the first place, it appears that you were born yesterday. Plus incapable of grasping what I said. I didn't say that there aren't corrupt unions, or that reform is not needed, just that unions have their place, and their place at the negotiating table representing their members is what they should stick to.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Wife and two daughters SEIU members. All three voted for Trump.

Awesome.

Do they agree with where their dues go?

MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I know that the local SEIU has the option to pay a percentage towards the advocacy and benefits secured by the union while “full dues” is a bigger deduction that allows them to use the difference for political lobbying. The administrative (smaller) deduction cannot be used for political advocacy.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I know that the local SEIU has the option to pay a percentage towards the advocacy and benefits secured by the union while “full dues” is a bigger deduction that allows them to use the difference for political lobbying. The administrative (smaller) deduction cannot be used for political advocacy.

Like fed tax dollars go to Planned Parenthood, but aren't used for abortions.

MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Some folks enjoy sucking a willie, and other folks suck a willie because they have to.

Life is good live it while you can.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by webbedfeet
Iaff here, fireman. Large east coast fire department. Could have cared less about the "union" when I get hired at 21 years old, I just wanted to be a big city fireman. They don't align with my personal political views but do keep us from getting steamed rolled from the city council when it comes to cutting funding and jobs.

thank you for helping destroy middle class non union workers. Free healthcare and full pension for life at the expense of lower class Americans. congrats!!!!

When I started as an IAFF member 36 years ago I left a job in the private sector with a pension. Firefighters and police officers do not generally pay into social security except for part time jobs or pre or post retirement. We do not receive the full social security payment at retirement as everyone else. So I subsidize your social security. Your welcome.

The law changed in approximately 1988 for Fire and police employees hired after to have Medicare taken out. I had to work part time to get my quarters in because I didn’t qualify.

I had 2 private sector jobs with pensions before I starte in the firehouse in 1984. Many in the private sector willingly gave up pensions for 401k after being shown projected numbers after retirement.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Also part of the Janus decision, if you opt out the unions are still obligated to negotiate benefits for you

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Some folks enjoy sucking a willie, and other folks suck a willie because they have to.

There's a union for those folks.

https://www.iusw.org/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're assuming I'm happy with where my Federal dues (tax) go?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 6mmCreedmoor, artur, 8 invisible), 1,492 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,408
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.