Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Yeah, proly don't get much due to that "white (has) to work" thing.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
USW. They backed Biden. The majority of our local votes Republican. Why? Defense contractor. Dem gets in we usually get screwed. Sure they pour funds to Dems, but our votes still count. The benefits of collective bargaining out way the small portion of dues they send libs.

Took on another job bid, getting older. Waste Processor. Driving a forklift flipping dumpsters. 27.32/hr. And I signed up for Christmas shutdown. Sat time/half, Sun double time, Mon-Thurs triple. Some local non union companies close in pay, better vacation, sometimes better insurance. But ill take the pension and pay. Sell out, cash whore....whatever you wanna call me is cool with me. I pay my bills, no one else.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by webbedfeet
Iaff here, fireman. Large east coast fire department. Could have cared less about the "union" when I get hired at 21 years old, I just wanted to be a big city fireman. They don't align with my personal political views but do keep us from getting steamed rolled from the city council when it comes to cutting funding and jobs.

thank you for helping destroy middle class non union workers. Free healthcare and full pension for life at the expense of lower class Americans. congrats!!!!

I would hazard a guess that in the US of A those "lower class Americans" are free to associate with each other for financial benefit and organize a union in their workplaces?

Of course, that assumes they are employed or at a minimum willing to be employed.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Merry Christmas Geno..... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
Merry Christmas Geno..... wink

Merry Christmas back at ya'

and to the rest here too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
The function of a union is to represent its members in the workplace. They have no business meddling in immigration issues or politics beyond that mandate; representing their members at the bargaining table when needed. The members are the union.

Awww that is precious..... were you born yesterday?

Were you? It seems so. Not to mention being ignorant of why unions were formed in the first place, it appears that you were born yesterday. Plus incapable of grasping what I said. I didn't say that there aren't corrupt unions, or that reform is not needed, just that unions have their place, and their place at the negotiating table representing their members is what they should stick to.

I get it..... you preffer a Marxist collective to negotiate on your behalf , rather than standing on your own two feet...... a hint for you, they are representing the sloth next to you also....
At least you can advance on tenure rather than merit.... congrats

Marxism is your excuse. I'm talking about free market capitalism, free enterprise, the right to presentation, negotiating a better deal. Workers as well as business. That's all.

Last edited by DBT; 12/25/20.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 23 invisible), 14,781 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,969
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.