Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
https://www.wlox.com/2020/12/29/mis...py8qn4QMVmZg1bSV2JsBuvHzXZ6vHMU_SZQrBN3A

The organizers of this hoax must be really good at what they are doing. They have red state redneck doctors buying into their scheme.

"Here in Laurel, essentially a third of our in-patients are COVID,” Horne said. “I’ve been in practice since 1992 here in Laurel. There’s never in those 28 years been a single time that we had one disease take up a third of our hospital, and essentially our entire intensive care unit is COVID.”

Bulshit.

See how good the organizers are? They have recruited doctors from all across the country to join in on their lie. Do you think they are paying those doctors to make this stuff up?

My AO is much more populous than Laurel and that bulshit doesn't fly here. People are way more communicative and interactive.

Go peddle that schit in Bakersfield or LA.

Chortle.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deflave
I've lost count of the number of people that have had it.

It's nothing.

Tell that to the 41-year-old congressman with no pre-existing conditions who died from it. It's nothing for some and for others it's death.

Tarquin
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
What is the breakdown of L.A. County by race, messikins at or near the top?
With many living in substandard housing?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Our hospital has been very busy and near capacity for several weeks.
As told to me by workers there.
The ER is full, beds are almost full.

But...

We have about 5 ER beds.

13 normal beds,

And severe ICU.
But, UPMC "Temporarily" closed our ICU well over a year ago.
With no plans to reopen it. Basically they have turned out hospital
into a walk in clinic with a He liked.

The next level hospitals in the area are also about full.
But my personally creditable Intel from them is more limited.

Geisinger in State College, Mt Nittany, Conemaugh (Duke Lifepoint), and UPMC Altoona were all full (ICU and Medical both) as of last week. Not sure about now. UPMC and Conemaugh were sending people to Magee Womens Hospital in Pittsburgh. The State College hospitals were sending patients to Danville and Hershey. Conemaugh got a freezer truck for a temporary morgue this weekend. This wont mean schit to anyone who isn't from the middle of nowhere in PA.

------------------------
John
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
https://www.wlox.com/2020/12/29/mis...py8qn4QMVmZg1bSV2JsBuvHzXZ6vHMU_SZQrBN3A

The organizers of this hoax must be really good at what they are doing. They have red state redneck doctors buying into their scheme.

"Here in Laurel, essentially a third of our in-patients are COVID,” Horne said. “I’ve been in practice since 1992 here in Laurel. There’s never in those 28 years been a single time that we had one disease take up a third of our hospital, and essentially our entire intensive care unit is COVID.”

Yes, because he has been a physician there for 28 years. What could he possibly know? Must be buying into the hoax. Some people are really stupid.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by jdunham
About the only thing we know for sure is lockdowns don’t work and these power hungry Governors have no idea what they are doing.

Actually, they do work to a large extent, but at huge costs----in money, jobs and lives. There is a better way.

I think CA and their full blown lockdowns pretty much show that they don't work. About as well as Chicago and gun control.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Luke Letlow, Louisiana’s incoming Republican member of the U.S. House, died Tuesday night from complications related to COVID-19 only days before he would have been sworn into office. He was 41.

Letlow spokesman Andrew Bautsch confirmed the congressman-elect’s death at Ochsner-LSU Health Shreveport.

“The family appreciates the numerous prayers and support over the past days but asks for privacy during this difficult and unexpected time,” Bautsch said in a statement. “A statement from the family along with funeral arrangements will be announced at a later time.”

https://apnews.com/article/health-m...eveport-c76bcda2e5abd46a500763ed5a7e3440

Yeah nevermind an autopsy.. it was covid..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

It's nothing.

This.

Had it. Was a f ucking joke.

Here's a kicker for you. The whole two weeks I was off for the 'Rona my wife and two young kids were home. No social distancing, no masks, nobody got the wu-flu....lol f ucking suckers you maskers are

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/30/20.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Our county was considered "red", gyms and restaurants shut down to 25%. The number of patients in the hospital? 2

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
According to the media, and by extension politicians and agencies whose water the media carries, C19 is imminently dangerous to everyone.

According to reality, C19 is massively contagious (in the right stage and circumstance), and dangerous only to those with certain comorbidities, deficiencies or interfering/competing ongoing treatments. For some or most of these folks, the "controversial" z-pack type treatments (in one form or another) used across the world are effective at arresting and reversing C19 progress when administered soon after onset of symptoms.

Your wife's doctor offered the most dangerous advice possible for C19. He's not atypical. The past nine months have been illuminating for me, to realize to what depth the US medical profession has dropped. Doctors and agencies are killing folks by withholding effective treatment on account of TDS. It's remarkable, and won't be forgotten.

Nearly every cold that I get goes to my lungs for bronchitis. I've had walking pneumonia twice. Otherwise I'm reasonably healthy. C19 a month ago gave me a momentary fever, some sinus drainage, an hours-long sore throat, and then some mild chest congestion and cough (in sequence over a few days). Along the way I lost most taste and smell. I had acquired some zinc tabs and C early on in April, and quickly rounded up some quercetin and D3 after the runny nose, all of which I took in accordance with recommended dosage by those who've developed various HCQ and substitute protocol for treatment. I had to mine that info out of forums, blog posts, senate hearings and testifying MD's websites. No "official" governmental or industry association offers that info.

Originally Posted by Vek
Are ERs and docs typically recommending any early outpatient care other than stay home, do nothing, and come back when you can't breathe? I'll be concerned about lack of hospital room as soon as HCQ or dewormer plus zinc is made readily available and use is widespread.

My wife's doctor essentially said "get rest." My doctor immediately prescribed steroids and cough medicine.

Last edited by Vek; 12/30/20.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sitting in a great Mom and Pop smoothie shop right now that is full of people enjoying excellent smoothies and great sandwiches. Nobody's wearing a fugking mask except when they go to the counter to order or pick up their food.

Everybody's tired of this sham schit.

We have been patronizing a few resturaunts that ignored the last
lockdown order. Wolf's Gestapo was out as recently as yesterday
screwing with a couple I haven't even known were open.
2 have publicized that they were ordered closed, and are still open.
1 caved and went to take out.

Today we learned that come Monday restaurants can open for dining.
Again?
WTF?

And winter school sports can resume.

Read that again.

I can't go get a burger and a beer today.

But in 5 days underage kids can meet from 4 different schools
and roll around on the floor almost nekkid.

And it's just Jim Dandy fine, safe and all.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jmh3
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Our hospital has been very busy and near capacity for several weeks.
As told to me by workers there.
The ER is full, beds are almost full.

But...

We have about 5 ER beds.

13 normal beds,

And severe ICU.
But, UPMC "Temporarily" closed our ICU well over a year ago.
With no plans to reopen it. Basically they have turned out hospital
into a walk in clinic with a He liked.

The next level hospitals in the area are also about full.
But my personally creditable Intel from them is more limited.

Geisinger in State College, Mt Nittany, Conemaugh (Duke Lifepoint), and UPMC Altoona were all full (ICU and Medical both) as of last week. Not sure about now. UPMC and Conemaugh were sending people to Magee Womens Hospital in Pittsburgh. The State College hospitals were sending patients to Danville and Hershey. Conemaugh got a freezer truck for a temporary morgue this weekend. This wont mean schit to anyone who isn't from the middle of nowhere in PA.

Where are you getting your information?

Not saying you're FOS but I'd like to know.

I do have a friend (late 70's) that was sent to Magee a few weeks ago. He's on full time oxygen but pretty healthy other than that (he's a farmer). He was there a week or so with the Rona and Pneumonia and recovered and is home now and doing okay.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Vek
According to the media, and by extension politicians and agencies whose water the media carries, C19 is imminently dangerous to everyone.

According to reality, C19 is massively contagious (in the right stage and circumstance), and dangerous only to those with certain comorbidities, deficiencies or interfering/competing ongoing treatments. For some or most of these folks, the "controversial" z-pack type treatments (in one form or another) used across the world are effective at arresting and reversing C19 progress when administered soon after onset of symptoms.

Your wife's doctor offered the most dangerous advice possible for C19. He's not atypical. The past nine months have been illuminating for me, to realize to what depth the US medical profession has dropped. Doctors and agencies are killing folks by withholding effective treatment on account of TDS. It's remarkable, and won't be forgotten.

Nearly every cold that I get goes to my lungs for bronchitis. I've had walking pneumonia twice. Otherwise I'm reasonably healthy. C19 a month ago gave me a momentary fever, some sinus drainage, an hours-long sore throat, and then some mild chest congestion and cough (in sequence over a few days). Along the way I lost most taste and smell. I had acquired some zinc tabs and C early on in April, and quickly rounded up some quercetin and D3 after the runny nose, all of which I took in accordance with recommended dosage by those who've developed various HCQ and substitute protocol for treatment. I had to mine that info out of forums, blog posts, senate hearings and testifying MD's websites. No "official" governmental or industry association offers that info.

Originally Posted by Vek
Are ERs and docs typically recommending any early outpatient care other than stay home, do nothing, and come back when you can't breathe? I'll be concerned about lack of hospital room as soon as HCQ or dewormer plus zinc is made readily available and use is widespread.

My wife's doctor essentially said "get rest." My doctor immediately prescribed steroids and cough medicine.

I am of the mindset that we should ask ourselves what we stand to lose by trying some of those alternate courses of care. C19 is odd in that it inexplicably wrecks otherwise healthy people sometimes. Would you stand a greater chance of dying as a result of a reaction to Ivermectin or to using "rest" as a remedy?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It certainly affects people differently. A 41-year-old recently elected La congressman with no pre-existing just went down for the count. But don't worry. Biden is on the horizon and will fix it all!

His heart stopped during a surgery, for a pre-existing condition he didn't have, and he died.

Just more covtard bullshit.

Covtards ain't never gonna admit they's morons, just like AGW morons won't admit it.

Just gonna be years and years of anecdotal bullshit, pulled outta their asses, like meltin glaciers in Africa, whenever they feel the need to publicly menstruate.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M

It's nothing.

Tell that to the 41-year-old congressman with no pre-existing conditions who died from it. It's nothing for some and for others it's death.

You must not get out much. I’ve lost count of the healthy 30, 40 and 50 year old men and woman who dropped dead with no prior health issues. I worked in a medium sized fire department minutes from some of the best hospitals in the country. People die young from all kinds of things, always have. Wear your mask we are all in this together.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I worked security at a hospital in Des Moines in 2012 and 2013. We had the Winter of 2012/13 that had some kind of flu going around. We had every bed full in the building (350 beds something like that) with folks who had the flu.

I heard about 2 weeks ago we had a local gun dealer lose his wife and daughter to the Covid. I talked to him today, he did infact lose his wife and daughter to the Covid. My guess is his wife was in her late 60's early 70's and I have no idea about the age of his daughter. There is no obituary so I am assuming he will wait until better weather to do something with the cremains and post something . Sad news indeed.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That Herd Immunity so often touted here is really working well.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DaveR
Not sure what the actual hospital capacities look like, but will say this chit seems to be blowing up out here. As an engineering manager for 16 office buildings, I am on the covid notification list. When this thing kicked off - and throughout the summer - I would see maybe one notice each week or two. Now I am getting one to three notices a day. Seems to be a decent personal measure for what's going on.

Until a month ago, I knew nobody personally and locally who had gotten it (except for one who said he tested pos for antibodies, but never knew he had anything). In the last month or so, 6 of my guys have gone out with it. Four of them returned after two weeks isolation with minimal symptoms no worse than the common cold. Two of them wound up in the hospital. One just got out after being in for 3 weeks (will be at home at least another couple weeks), another one just went in, and was given some treatments and sent home because they "were too full". Guys in their late 40's or so, and both in decent shape. Last one should be hopefully be okay soon as he is still in pain, but fever has broke, and he is doing better. But almost two weeks ago, he woke up with sniffles, and got tested. Positive. He told me "no big deal, I don't feel much of anything". Next night when I checked in on him, he was calling 911, thought he was dying, and was "in the worst pain of my life". Ambulance picked him up, they saw him, ran tests, some treatments (not sure what), checked oxygen levels, and sent him packing by the next afternoon. He was quite scared he was going to die at home he told me.

When a tough, hard working guy like that says "worst pain of my life" and calls 911, I pay attention. I watched this guy damn near break his arm in a pump / filter explosion, and he was trying to refuse medical treatment (as I sat there a bit wide eyed looking at the injury to his arm and wondering how the hell he thought he was going to continue about his day). When he says he's scared, in tremendous pain, went to hospital, was tested and turned away, I'm not sure what to think about that. But I do know I want no part of it if I can help it. Having said that, [bleep] the media, this mask and business destroying shutdown b.s.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
That Herd Immunity so often touted here is really working well.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kwg020
I worked security at a hospital in Des Moines in 2012 and 2013. We had the Winter of 2012/13 that had some kind of flu going around. We had every bed full in the building (350 beds something like that) with folks who had the flu.

I heard about 2 weeks ago we had a local gun dealer lose his wife and daughter to the Covid. I talked to him today, he did infact lose his wife and daughter to the Covid. My guess is his wife was in her late 60's early 70's and I have no idea about the age of his daughter. There is no obituary so I am assuming he will wait until better weather to do something with the cremains and post something . Sad news indeed.

kwg

I'm always amazed by the amount of people that reside on the little house on a prairie.

LOL

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 48 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,065
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.