Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
. . . Let's explore one part of my post. McCain. Do you think Trump's treatment of McCain won over any voters?

McCain was the principal catalyst on the Republican side, to fuel the "Russiagate" collusion hoax against President Trump and his supports (80 million strong) . . . McCain brought the Steele dossier to congress and gave it credence. He fully sided with the Democrats, fake media and globalists. He was an enemy of the Constitution, among other serious personal flaws. Trump did the right thing by slam dunking him, and calling out his hypocrisy. One need look no further than McCain's grand funeral plans, which far exceed those of any previous U.S. Senator and most Presidents. His three day funeral remonds of the Negro culture of week long funerals.

Judicial Watch: FBI Knew McCain Leaked Steele Dossier

On Tuesday of this week, Judicial Watch announced its receipt of “138 pages of emails between former FBI official Peter Strzok and former FBI attorney Lisa Page.” In the records, it is revealed that the FBI, under the Obama administration, was aware that Senator John McCain (R-AZ) had leaked the Steele dossier. One email from January 10 of 2017, Strzok said the Steele dossier version published by BuzzFeed was “identical’ to the version given to the FBI by McCain and had ‘differences’ from the dossier provided to the FBI by Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson and Mother Jones reporter David Corn.”

'I would do it again,' McCain writes about release of Steele dossier to FBI

clic pic
[Linked Image from a57.foxnews.com]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

. But I cannot help thinking that his plight was brought about in large part by his own hubris.

He was never going to be accepted by anyone on the left. He most assuredly did himself a disservice with more independent minded people by picking fights he should not have. Fighting on stage with Dr. Fauci was dumb. Picking fights with entertainers like Lebron was dumb. The comments he made about John McCain were a horrible miscalculation that cost himself and Republicans dearly. Arizona is no longer red, and he owns that. Arizonans of all flavors revered McCain. Him schidting on McCain's grave made a few on the right happy, but he didn't need to that to stay in their good graces. Ultimately his mouth and his arrogance cost him.

You should have stopped writing after the first sentence.

Let's explore one part of my post. McCain. Do you think Trump's treatment of McCain won over any voters?

Won me over and most of the people I know. We were aware of McCain's back door deals, and left leaning politics.. Surprised anyone thought McCain was worth a [bleep] as a leader of his constituents!

Obviously his constituents did and that’s what mattered.

You don’t bang on a dead man and get positive results.
Jus sayin.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

. But I cannot help thinking that his plight was brought about in large part by his own hubris.

He was never going to be accepted by anyone on the left. He most assuredly did himself a disservice with more independent minded people by picking fights he should not have. Fighting on stage with Dr. Fauci was dumb. Picking fights with entertainers like Lebron was dumb. The comments he made about John McCain were a horrible miscalculation that cost himself and Republicans dearly. Arizona is no longer red, and he owns that. Arizonans of all flavors revered McCain. Him schidting on McCain's grave made a few on the right happy, but he didn't need to that to stay in their good graces. Ultimately his mouth and his arrogance cost him.

Your post sounds like a CNN host reading his teleprompter. You actually believe everything you wrote?

Would you like to offer a substantive refutation of any point that I made.

Fauci is a worthless, unaccomplished, DC insider. He's an academic who couldn't possibly hold down a real job. I detest the piece of schidt. But as I observed America's response to him, those on the left, many swing voters and many moderate conservatives revered Fauci. Trump stood NOTHING to gain from his high profile feud with Fauci. It can be argued that he didn't lose anything in his squabble, but it'd be difficult to substantiate that. If you think Trump gained political capital from his spat with Fauci, help me understand that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
. . . Let's explore one part of my post. McCain. Do you think Trump's treatment of McCain won over any voters?

McCain was the principal catalyst on the Republican side, to fuel the "Russiagate" collusion hoax against President Trump and his supports (80 million strong) . . . McCain brought the Steele dossier to congress and gave it credence. He fully sided with the Democrats, fake media and globalists. He was an enemy of the Constitution, among other serious personal flaws. Trump did the right thing by slam dunking him, and calling out his hypocrisy. One need look no further than McCain's grand funeral plans, which far exceed those of any previous U.S. Senator and most Presidents. His three day funeral remonds of the Negro culture of week long funerals.

Judicial Watch: FBI Knew McCain Leaked Steele Dossier

On Tuesday of this week, Judicial Watch announced its receipt of “138 pages of emails between former FBI official Peter Strzok and former FBI attorney Lisa Page.” In the records, it is revealed that the FBI, under the Obama administration, was aware that Senator John McCain (R-AZ) had leaked the Steele dossier. One email from January 10 of 2017, Strzok said the Steele dossier version published by BuzzFeed was “identical’ to the version given to the FBI by McCain and had ‘differences’ from the dossier provided to the FBI by Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson and Mother Jones reporter David Corn.”

He needed to focus on the substance of his disagreement with McCain. He stood to lose, and I believe did lose voters, by attacking McCain's military record and pissing on his grave. We all loved Trump because he was a fighter who broke the mold of the typical politician. But on some occasions you must consider employing a more diplomatic approach. More tact in his disagreement with McCain could have kept AZ red. I doubt you can find a single soul who would say that Trump's attacks on McCain won them over, or that if Trump hadn't attacked McCain's military record, they would have shunned Trump.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add

Let's explore one part of my post. McCain. Do you think Trump's treatment of McCain won over any voters?

Won me over and most of the people I know. We were aware of McCain's back door deals, and left leaning politics.. Surprised anyone thought McCain was worth a [bleep] as a leader of his constituents!

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. Had Trump not attacked McCain personally you would not have voted for him?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by add

Obviously his constituents did and that’s what mattered.

You don’t bang on a dead man and get positive results.
Jus sayin.

Nor do you duck out of military service and attack a man on his military record. Even that one was offputting to me.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I suddenly have a bit of a suspicion towards Arizona folks.

They loved McCain?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rose Colored glasses with some of these McLame comments. He was a disgrace as a Senator and yes I voted for him in 2008. The biggest that I've been fooled by was Ryan/Romney. I knew Romney was a swamp creature. Ryan was the future hope for a Republican candidate we could get behind (I thought). Trashy super swamper who did a lot of damage 2016/2-17 and the wave of never Trumpers who just quit after stabbing the Americans in the back and front.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

They loved McCain?

Swing voters did. They matter more to a politician than the politician's base.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Hi biggest and perhaps only fault is picking fights that he cannot win. For instance McCain. That was a stupid mistake and gave us fulll-bore Obama Care and, worse, flipped Arizona.

Wrong, again.

The result of not overturning Obamacare, is squarely on Johnny’s shoulders.

Like the democrats, and McCain being one, his vote was purely personal vindictiveness. He betrayed his oath(s), his constituency, and the American people.

GFY, McCain.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've realized that the side I am on, one of principles above all, and Constitutional law, and manifest reality, and an intelligent approach to problems, again with a directive to focus on evidence and reality, is inhabited by so few as to make it statistically non-existent.

Certainly, reading this thread, THAT has become all the more obvious. And reading a bunch of dunderheads spouting about political scheming is farcical in the extreme. I'm glad you all stuck with your day jobs, far away from me.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
McCain was a weasel, but a popular weasel with many people. Remember he was elected and re-elected.

Nothing was gained by attacking him. It was a mistake.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

They loved McCain?

I think swing voters are a myth. Or at any rate there aren't enough of them to matter.

For example....Democrats never vote republican....very rare.

75 some odd million people voted for Trump.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
So,,,,what we’re really arguing about here appears to be recent past history of which is pretty much undeniable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

They loved McCain?

You're a fooking dumbass.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

They loved McCain?

I think swing voters are a myth. Or at any rate there aren't enough of them to matter.

Yep.

It’s fair to say that the swing has done swung and we’re down to us vs them.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
You reap what you sow. Donald Trump sowed discord and reaped the results. Because his devout followers, his reality TV fans, his cultists, were solidly behind him, praised his name regardless and closed their eyes and ears to any negative news about him, he overestimated the breadth of his support. His followers loved him unconditionally but he didn't realize that those outside the cult would put conditions on their support. His ego wouldn't let him admit that he didn't have the breadth of support he imagined. He lost the election. He lost the election because, rather than fight an election, he chose to make excuses before the election even took place. Rather than say, "I need your support", he said, "They're going to cheat us. Don't bother mailing in your votes because they're going to cheat". After the fact, he said," join me in complaining and accusing the process. Join me in denying the results". Then he said, "We'll march on the capitol and, yes, I'll be with you". I don't feel sorry for Donald Trump. He threw this election. He gave us Biden/Harris. He put self-interest before national interest. I don't feel sorry for Donald Trump; I feel sorry for the country and, ultimately, for the western world. GD

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by greydog
You reap what you sow. Donald Trump sowed discord and reaped the results. Because his devout followers, his reality TV fans, his cultists, were solidly behind him, praised his name regardless and closed their eyes and ears to any negative news about him, he overestimated the breadth of his support. His followers loved him unconditionally but he didn't realize that those outside the cult would put conditions on their support. His ego wouldn't let him admit that he didn't have the breadth of support he imagined. He lost the election. He lost the election because, rather than fight an election, he chose to make excuses before the election even took place. Rather than say, "I need your support", he said, "They're going to cheat us. Don't bother mailing in your votes because they're going to cheat". After the fact, he said," join me in complaining and accusing the process. Join me in denying the results". Then he said, "We'll march on the capitol and, yes, I'll be with you". I don't feel sorry for Donald Trump. He threw this election. He gave us Biden/Harris. He put self-interest before national interest. I don't feel sorry for Donald Trump; I feel sorry for the country and, ultimately, for the western world. GD

Hard to throw it all away with 75 million votes.

Jus sayin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They loved McCain?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/did-biden-win-little-or-lot-answer-yes-n1251845

"But the margins this year were even tighter in the three states that put Biden over the top in the Electoral College. He won Arizona, Georgia and Wisconsin by a total of less than 45,000 votes."

We can't know the degree to which any fraud may have affected these numbers. 11.8 million people voted in those 3 states. It 23,000 had voted for Trump rather than Biden, Trump would be president today.

That's less than one quarter of one percent of the voters in those states. I have a hunch there are at least that many swing voters.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Hard to throw it all away with 75 million votes.

Jus sayin.

75 million wasn't enough. If the election were held today how many would he get? After his behavior since the election I would not vote for him again.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 406_SBC, 17CalFan, 19 invisible), 2,802 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,778
Posts18,536,004
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.