Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
R29 50 yard quartering to me shot complete pass thru the shoulder hit the hart and exited last rib I watched the arrow with the lighted nock hit the ground behind her and ricochete like a tracer round thru the woods

Last edited by killahog; 11/23/20.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by diamondjim

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's a GREAT day.....and nice shooting!!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i wish Montana would allow old and handi-cap bowhunters to hunt in the archery season with a X-bow seems like the recurve bowhunters are selfish and continue to fight against allowing old and or handi-cap hunters a right they deserve to hunt the archery season with a x-bow. i have a friend with a shoulder that was injured by a mortar in Viet Nam who lives in Montana and he can`t use a x-bow either in his home state ,but its ok for America to daft him ,send him to war ,let him get crippled for life in the Viet Nam war,comes home crippled and can`t no longer hunt the archery season in Montana because he no longer can draw and shoot a bow. that is shameful and very selfish of some of these bowhunters but someday some of these same bowhunters against x-bows will be old and or crippled and wait they will be the biggest whiners to want x-bows legal in Montana during the archery season. >> so its ok for a crippled war soldier loses his right to bow hunt in Montana because he needs to use a x-bow that is Shameful and B.S. !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Quit bitching about Montana. Worry about MN. Have you ever heard someone from MT make a comment on MN game laws? We would prefer you and others stay home come hunting season anyways. Believe it or not we all aren’t in line to suck your Dick for money like the out of state hunters want to believe. I own a business and could care of less if I get money from out of staters come hunting season. My margins aren’t so tight that it makes a damn bit of difference. Met some great guys hunting from out of state but in general it’s not a good look.

As far as crossbows I am happy they are outlawed. They allow too much of an advantage. Elk often hang up at 70 yards when calling them in which is a no shot with bow. Elk lives to play the game again. With crossbow that shot is taken. Too many people would abuse it even if it were for cripples. Look at the brand new lifted trucks with cripples placard hanging off the mirrors. Sorry about your friends disability but life ain’t fair and you sound like a liberal trying to make accommodations for every situation. Some people are too poor to hunt. Should we come there tags and license fees and fill their gas tank so they can go hunting as well?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by shootAI
Quit bitching about Montana. Worry about MN. Have you ever heard someone from MT make a comment on MN game laws? We would prefer you and others stay home come hunting season anyways. Believe it or not we all aren’t in line to suck your Dick for money like the out of state hunters want to believe. I own a business and could care of less if I get money from out of staters come hunting season. My margins aren’t so tight that it makes a damn bit of difference. Met some great guys hunting from out of state but in general it’s not a good look.

As far as crossbows I am happy they are outlawed. They allow too much of an advantage. Elk often hang up at 70 yards when calling them in which is a no shot with bow. Elk lives to play the game again. With crossbow that shot is taken. Too many people would abuse it even if it were for cripples. Look at the brand new lifted trucks with cripples placard hanging off the mirrors. Sorry about your friends disability but life ain’t fair and you sound like a liberal trying to make accommodations for every situation. Some people are too poor to hunt. Should we come there tags and license fees and fill their gas tank so they can go hunting as well?

listen to yourself selfish and you must still be kinda fit and younger but with very little heart for these crippled soldiers. oh i will be back in Montana buying the expensive non-resident Montana license just remember this without us non-resident AMERICAN`S buying hunting -fishing license and all the Federal Land Montana Game Fish would not be doing very good. another friend from Minnesota is the diver /welder at all the Federal dams including in Montana and he also was wounded in Irag as a Ranger but would not a agree with what you posted . best you stay out of all VFW `s , Legions, bars with real man with your shameful negative attitude towards non-residents and soldiers.

Last edited by pete53; 01/20/21.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not negative towards veterans at all. Just don’t think crossbows should be considered archery equipment and I am sick of out of staters thinking they need to weigh in on our game laws. Our taxes pay for far more stuff then license sales.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by shootAI
Not negative towards veterans at all. Just don’t think crossbows should be considered archery equipment and I am sick of out of staters thinking they need to weigh in on our game laws. Our taxes pay for far more stuff then license sales.

B.S without non-resident license purchased Montana Game ,Fish and Parks would be a disaster your wrong very wrong ! ask Helena Head Quarters your so wrong its almost funny. many Montana residents have no problem with non-residents we are all Americans . you need to be more positive and less selfish in life, you don`t own Montana or public land it belongs to all American`s !

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I can visit MN and go fishing but don’t get to vote in their elections or daily bag limits. As you can hunt MT but don’t get to vote on our game laws. Same/same. MT FWP might count on your revenue from out of state licensing but us as residents do not. I would love less wolf loving biologists and tree and stream studies. Cut their budget other than LEO. Because I disagree with you, you can’t see past that. I don’t hate all non residents. If I did I wouldn’t live in this area cause it’s full of them. I dislike non residents that think they need input in OUR state business.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
in another 5 years you will have many more rich liberals from out of state that will become Montana state residents, these liberals will be buying more land changing more game laws in Montana enjoy them with your shameful thinking . also from what i see with input the ranchers of Montana make the decision for your Montana wildlife and kill plenty elk while those cows are destroying mountain streams and vegetation all year long on Federal land so it looks like you need some advice or input from non-residents. don`t forget the Montana budget for wildlife the non-residents spend and pay a lot more money for the wildlife welfare in Montana too. when i have been out in Montana most hunters and residents make us non-residents feel welcome and i have always got along fine with them , i seem to think you yourself have a problem try to be a little more positive and much less selfish this is America the land of the free nobody owns all of Montana or any other state, if your a hunter you should be glad people hunt and stick together what`s the difference what hunting tool you use to kill a deer or an elk with your own tag ?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Never owned a high end xbow. Have a old Barnett 440 or something like that.
Paid 300 for it and some bolts . Use the rags 125’s just for that added little umph. Have killed deer as far as fifty yds with no problems.
Also have a Parker Tornado, same broad heads.
They both have made complete pass through everytime even with quartering shots .
One went through upper shoulder exited in rear ribs and broke back leg .
Made a believer out of me .
Consider 50 yds my limit , can consistently do vital shots off handed at the range . 60 + I start getting occasional bolt outside of vitals . So for mine and deers sake , limit myself to 50 yds .
Most of my stands are hard pressed for a fifty yd shot . Many I have shot were 10-20 yds .
Kenneth

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 54 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.