Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
but the retailers need to do a better job of taking care of a broader swath of their customers.

No they don't, you come into my place of business and offer to buy everything I have in inventory, then by God I'm gonna help you start loading it.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It is absolutely entitlement. Why does the guy who ants to go shooting deserve that box of ammo more than the guy who is gonna flip it and make $50? Does the narrative change if the flipper is using the money he makes to pay medical bills, or keep his lights on? One could argue that the "jerk" reselling the ammo to make a profit for necessity is more deserving than the guy who wants to go blast a box at the range. No one expects the wholesaler to give up their profit, nor do they expect the distributor to take a loss, but once it gets to the buyer, all of a sudden its not fair?

In the real world, no one "deserves" it, its a commodity, and a non necessity at that.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Some folks just couldn't afford to stock up when ammo prices were reasonable. Your responsibilities to feed and clothe your family is first and foremost. Some of you make it sound like money grows on trees, I feel for the people that can't afford to buy ammo at these prices.

There are all sorts of hard luck cases all over the country. Ammunition or diapers, it isn’t about fairness. I can’t afford a new Cadillac, but because someone else can, doesn’t mean I should have one in my garage.

It is too bad that some guy can’t take his kid out to shoot a 22, but that isn’t the fault of hoarders or ammunition sales, it is the fault of the dad. Go to the source of the problem, quit blaming circumstances.

what did the dad do wrong here? He just wanted to go to the store and buy a couple 3.99 boxes of 22...and none were there. I guess he should have bought 22 ammo 6 months in advanced of buying his kid a 22 rifle?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mirage243
but the retailers need to do a better job of taking care of a broader swath of their customers.

No they don't, you come into my place of business and offer to buy everything I have in inventory, then by God I'm gonna help you start loading it.

The market works things out - some business choices result in failure, and other choices result in success. Every business owner has to make his own choices and live with the consequences.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by liliysdad
It is absolutely entitlement. Why does the guy who ants to go shooting deserve that box of ammo more than the guy who is gonna flip it and make $50? Does the narrative change if the flipper is using the money he makes to pay medical bills, or keep his lights on? One could argue that the "jerk" reselling the ammo to make a profit for necessity is more deserving than the guy who wants to go blast a box at the range. No one expects the wholesaler to give up their profit, nor do they expect the distributor to take a loss, but once it gets to the buyer, all of a sudden its not fair?

In the real world, no one "deserves" it, its a commodity, and a non necessity at that.

This. There's no cheating the natural price level. It will find itself regardless. Controls, whether placed on my small businesses, corporations, or the government, only make matters worse in the larger picture.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Another reality many here are ignoring...the guns and ammo market has changed dramatically due to the current world condition. With the current administration, there is a very real likelihood that business will change in ways that could bankrupt a huge swath of those in the industry, from manufacture to retailer. Anyone who isnt selling everything they can, for as much as they can right is a damned fool.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Local radio is advertising reloading lessons.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You don't get it, and nothing anyone writes is going to help you understand, but I'll add this for anyone who has ears to hear. The only thing we "deserve" is to "reap what we sow," and there are some folks who are going to be reaping some bitter, rotten crops.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

You don't get it, and nothing anyone writes is going to help you understand, but I'll add this for anyone who has ears to hear. The only thing we "deserve" is to "reap what we sow," and there are some folks who are going to be reaping some bitter, rotten crops.

You are right, I won't understand why selling an item at he price the market dictates is somehow morally wrong.

I won't understand why its wrong for a person to put in the work to obtain an item at a price, and from a source, that's available to anyone and turn that work and commodity into profit.

What I will definitely never understand is what some think they deserve an item simply because they want it....and somehow their wanting is more important than someone else's wanting based upon the intended use.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I just keep wondering if there’s anyway they could disperse ammo sales more evenly or rationally to prevent hoarding and avoid these times like we are currently experiencing?
Yes, it's a wonderful invention called the "free market". In it, you allow people to sell what they want, when they want, for a price that buyer AND seller agree on.

I just keep thinking there’s got to be a way to avoid these shortages and not having hunting ammo readily available to consumers at all times. Does anyone else wonder about this? I buy when times are good but I still don’t like the feeling of not being able to go buy ammo for my favorite hunting rifles if I wanted to. It’s getting to the point that I wonder if it’ll ever recover! People aren’t afraid to pay the ignorant prices and will keep stashing it away I’m thinking. There’s got to be an answer.
Unfortunately, we live in a material world and are bound by all the constraints that come with that.

Improving the "invention" would involve not allowing Democrats/Progressives/Marxist to be elected dog catcher or hold any positions of responsibility.

Last edited by Tyrone; 01/27/21.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
just make more. The market will handle distribution. The LAST thing I want is 'control' of purchases

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We can’t buy anything around a military base. EVERBODy shoots and all the retirees are hoarder-preppers, which whatever I sort of am too. And Im not bitching cause was a I visionary since 1994.

Two events turned me into a ‘weirdo’ prepper’ type.

And ice storm that cut our power off and even power in some parts of town for 10-14 days.

And the AWB, 10 round mag BS

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
We can’t buy anything around a military base. EVERBODy shoots and all the retirees are hoarder-preppers, which whatever I sort of am too. And Im not bitching cause was a visionary since 1994.

What did you envision? Was that Waco and Ruby Ridge time frame? I kinda think so.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
We can’t buy anything around a military base. EVERBODy shoots and all the retirees are hoarder-preppers, which whatever I sort of am too. And Im not bitching cause was a visionary since 1994.

What did you envision? Was that Waco and Ruby Ridge time frame? I kinda think so.

Yes thats in there too

Plus the AWB and some long term weather related power outages

^^^ see above

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We can’t buy anything around a military base. EVERBODy shoots and all the retirees are hoarder-preppers, which whatever I sort of am too. And Im not bitching cause was a I visionary since 1994.

Two events turned me into a ‘weirdo’ prepper’ type.

And ice storm that cut our power off and even power in some parts of town for 10-14 days.

And the AWB, 10 round mag BS

Should you sell off some of that ammo at 7x what you paid for it now?

Or wait for 10x or 15x?

Capitalist here.. just askin.

Lol!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
More regulation is not needed for anything. REGULATE LESS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Some folks just couldn't afford to stock up when ammo prices were reasonable. Your responsibilities to feed and clothe your family is first and foremost. Some of you make it sound like money grows on trees, I feel for the people that can't afford to buy ammo at these prices.

There are all sorts of hard luck cases all over the country. Ammunition or diapers, it isn’t about fairness. I can’t afford a new Cadillac, but because someone else can, doesn’t mean I should have one in my garage.

It is too bad that some guy can’t take his kid out to shoot a 22, but that isn’t the fault of hoarders or ammunition sales, it is the fault of the dad. Go to the source of the problem, quit blaming circumstances.

what did the dad do wrong here? He just wanted to go to the store and buy a couple 3.99 boxes of 22...and none were there. I guess he should have bought 22 ammo 6 months in advanced of buying his kid a 22 rifle?

Dad should have looked into the situation before he bought that .22 and maybe considered buying an airgun instead so the boy could actually use it. None of this is a secret.

Been looking around here and there online, and there’s stuff out there from retailers, not gougers, at reasonable prices, if you seek it out persistently. Most places will let you sign up for notifications. Makes more sense than standing in front of the ammo case at Whatamart with your lower lip quivering.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Clinton primer scare, the theory was floated to somehow make primers go inert so they couldn't be stockpiled by right-wing fanatics. Ruby Ridge and Waco being the Gov't/MSM justification for just such a measure.

Any time there is a run on primers or ammo since then you'll see folks on here post up about still having primers from the "Clinton Years", that's what they're referring to.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You are right, I won't understand why selling an item at he price the market dictates is somehow morally wrong.

I won't understand why its wrong for a person to put in the work to obtain an item at a price, and from a source, that's available to anyone and turn that work and commodity into profit.

What I will definitely never understand is what some think they deserve an item simply because they want it....and somehow their wanting is more important than someone else's wanting based upon the intended use.

Nothing immoral about selling at market prices, but it might just be illegal to go into the ammunition business without a license, which is what you're describing, and that would be immoral. I'm not talking about people who are selling what they've bought over the years and have decided they have more than they need at today's prices. I'm talking about those who have gone into business illegally to take advantage of a crisis. I would have sympathy for someone needing the cash to scrape by, but I suspect more than a few ammo flippers aren't.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Well, call me weird, but I am of the opinion that requiring a business license to conduct a sale between consenting adults is immoral. That kinda makes the chasm between our opinions fairly wide.

Nothing like injecting some government into our personal lives to make it all fair, huh?

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 1,939 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,887
Posts18,497,869
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.