Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Trying to decide whether to go out to the shop and load what I want or cast some bullets. Decisions, decisions.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by deflave
If you want to blame anybody, blame your democrat friend, neighbor or relative.

Don't have any demorat "friends".

Dumbass relatives, however..

I dumped those friends in Nov 1992

Family is squared away, even the in-laws. Surprisingly.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by papat
Trying to decide whether to go out to the shop and load what I want or cast some bullets. Decisions, decisions.

I’ve in the mind for casting. I’m just not well practiced at it. Been contemplating casting some fishing sinks to set the mood.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The Bidenites are working at light speed eff up everything pertaining to firearms, which includes online purchasing of anything gun related. So if things keep deteriorating at the rate it is going now, it won't be long before the high prices will be eliminated, no scalpers, scammers, or panic bidders on GunBroker. There probably won't be a GunBroker anymore. So we better get what we can while we can, and try to figure out how to hang onto it.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
[quote=hookeye]Yeah, the Federal

Shoulda hired a bimbo w big tits to do the vid[/quote

Yeah we we could all do with a copy of a video with a big titted bimbo doing her song and dance routine. Maybe make it a commemorative set with a couple 100 rd boxes of 22lr's. Fugging A!

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Let me be clear ... I don’t believe in any way, shape, or form in anymore restrictions on ammunition and firearms by the government. I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s thoughts on this subject. The wheels are always turning in that big block head of mine. I just keep going back to something could be changed with the way ammo is distributed to possibly help in times like we are currently experiencing.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
No, the reason ammo makers don’t want to invest heavily in new manufacturing facilities is because there is no actual shortage. This is a bubble. Given that .22 LR alone amounts to four or five billion rounds a year produced, there could literally be hundreds of billions of rounds of ammunition in the US alone. There is no shortage. This is the Tulip Bubble. Eventually, people will realize that there is all this ammo out there and demand will drop to virtually nothing, maybe for a long long time.

Bingo!

You only have to go back a year to see that what you said about increasing capacity is true. Just like before, everyone without ammo is calling for manufacturers to make big investments to increase capacity just because they lacked prudence. Supplies caught up quickly after the last bubble, and will again, barring government interference, which can’t be ruled out. Meanwhile, there are ways to overcome the supply issues, but putting on a pouty face and fussing at business owners ain’t one of them.

You mentioned tulips. Remember the Great Beany Baby Boom? I saw one go for $2500.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
[quote=Valsdad]Everyone just wait until the new powers that be get us re-involved in a few places like Afghanistan and Iraq. /quote]

Wars are cool, and you know it!

Wars are good for business....invest your son. Lyndon B. Johnson

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I buy when times are good but I still don’t like the feeling of not being able to go buy ammo for my favorite hunting rifles if I wanted to.

I agree that the feeling is not good. But people panic and buy what they don't need. Other people see that and jack the prices up. The only way to deal with it is to get what you need when prices are low. Having a 10-year supply is not unrealistic.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Holy sh*t, the only thing we are guaranteed is death. And there isn’t a damn thing fair or equitable about how and when it happens.

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Direct sales from the manufacturer. Take out the middle man.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm sure Biden and the Dems will soon attempt to restrict the amount of ammo we are legally allowed to possess, or buy.

That should help.....give or take.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Pappy348
No, the reason ammo makers don’t want to invest heavily in new manufacturing facilities is because there is no actual shortage. This is a bubble. Given that .22 LR alone amounts to four or five billion rounds a year produced, there could literally be hundreds of billions of rounds of ammunition in the US alone. There is no shortage. This is the Tulip Bubble. Eventually, people will realize that there is all this ammo out there and demand will drop to virtually nothing, maybe for a long long time.

Bingo!

You only have to go back a year to see that what you said about increasing capacity is true. Just like before, everyone without ammo is calling for manufacturers to make big investments to increase capacity just because they lacked prudence. Supplies caught up quickly after the last bubble, and will again, barring government interference, which can’t be ruled out. Meanwhile, there are ways to overcome the supply issues, but putting on a pouty face and fussing at business owners ain’t one of them.

You mentioned tulips. Remember the Great Beany Baby Boom? I saw one go for $2500.

This is absurd and inane to the extreme. Conflating firearms and ammo with the Tulip Mania and the Beanie Babies BS shows a serious lack of reasoning power. Your government is going to control you though keeping tulips and stuffed animals out of your hands? There is a massive global black market for tulips and Beanie Babies? Inner city gangs are arming themselves with Beanie Babies? Cops are packing 30 tulip clips in their magazines?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Let me be clear ... I don’t believe in any way, shape, or form in anymore restrictions on ammunition and firearms by the government. I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s thoughts on this subject. The wheels are always turning in that big block head of mine. I just keep going back to something could be changed with the way ammo is distributed to possibly help in times like we are currently experiencing.

Well, you’re simply wrong, Pollyanna. It’s too late for this episode. The next one can be avoided, but won’t be, because people refuse to learn from their mistakes.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I am sorry for the shooters who cannot find 22 ammo but lack of foresight on their part is a problem they created. As late as Oct last year there were litterally cases of inexpensive plinking ammo available at most places for "on-sale" prices of $14.99 for 500 Remington Thunderbolts or similar ammo from other manufacturers.

It is hard for me to believe that someone could not find $2.99 in the budget for a box of 22 ammo a week for the last four years - if they had planned ahead just a bit they could have purchased over 200 boxes of ammo a year without a major hit on their budget. Or if they had purchased one $15 bulk pack of 500 rounds per month that could have acquired 6,000 rounds per year or 24,000 rounds over the last 4 years.

While I feel bad for those who post say that they couldn't afford to stock up on the ammo when it was inexpensive perhaps they should give up shooting as a hobby and concentrate on getting their budget into better shape.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Another reality many here are ignoring...the guns and ammo market has changed dramatically due to the current world condition. With the current administration, there is a very real likelihood that business will change in ways that could bankrupt a huge swath of those in the industry, from manufacture to retailer. Anyone who isnt selling everything they can, for as much as they can right is a damned fool.

very correct statment

So they should invest hundreds of millions in new production facilities when government action might negate their ability to recover those costs even before the new production can be brought online?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Bingo!

This is absurd and inane to the extreme. Conflating firearms and ammo with the Tulip Mania and the Beanie Babies BS shows a serious lack of reasoning power. Your government is going to control you though keeping tulips and stuffed animals out of your hands? There is a massive global black market for tulips and Beanie Babies? Inner city gangs are arming themselves with Beanie Babies? Cops are packing 30 tulip clips in their magazines?

Dude, there is enough ammo in the hands of American civilians to fight half a dozen WW IIs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bingo!

I was discussing the market. You’re the one making bat-[bleep]-crazy assertions about someone pressuring manufacturers to not increase production.

Take your meds and go into your bunker for a nap, dipschitt.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Bingo!

I was discussing the market. You’re the one making bat-[bleep]-crazy assertions about someone pressuring manufacturers to not increase production.

Take your meds and go into your bunker for a nap, dipschitt.

All they have to do is flip that “increase production switch” and there would be plenty of ammo.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Here’s an interesting statement just posted on Facebook from Powder Valley, a retailer that I occasionally purchase my reloading supplies from. Thought I’d share. Puts it all into perspective.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 1,921 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,884
Posts18,497,822
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.