Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by montanabadger
The Bidenites are working at light speed eff up everything pertaining to firearms, which includes online purchasing of anything gun related. So if things keep deteriorating at the rate it is going now, it won't be long before the high prices will be eliminated, no scalpers, scammers, or panic bidders on GunBroker. There probably won't be a GunBroker anymore. So we better get what we can while we can, and try to figure out how to hang onto it.

That's EXACTLY why I keep telling everyone in my circle to make hay while the sun shines!

Drives me nuts that a couple of them just keep dragging their feet.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I read a post a while back where a member boasted that he had 25,000 rounds of 22 ammo tucked away. What in the world do you do with that much ammo? Hoarding so he will have ammo for the next centrury?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
25k really isn't that many .22 shells. Burning a 500rd brick is/was a pretty typical Saturday afternoon when I was kid. That being said, if I decide I want 500k 22 shells, what business is it of anyone's?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by andrews1958
I read a post a while back where a member boasted that he had 25,000 rounds of 22 ammo tucked away. What in the world do you do with that much ammo? Hoarding so he will have ammo for the next centrury?

Is that supposed to be a lot of 22 ammo? Last January Target Sports had a special if you bought 10k rounds of 22 lr it was $0.01.7 a round and free shipping.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

25k rounds of 22LR still isn't that much. I read a recommendation several years ago that to become good with a rifle one should shoot 1600 rounds of 22 LR the first year and then 1200 per year after that from the various field positions. 25k represents 20 years of that level of practice plus 600 rds for hunting. For 2 in a family that's only 10 years worth, and if you had 4 people at that annual volume you might not have enough to make it to the next presidential administration.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

If, like a LOT of people with 22lr ammo, like to shoot a few 100 rounds a week with your kids or grandkids, 25,000 rounds will not last long.

I read an article in one of the news rags, guy was complaining that there were over 2 billion 22lr rounds manufactured a year. He wanted to know who was hording up that many rounds. He was even wondering if they were going to some 3rd world group or something. Obviously, he never shot a 22 rifle.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Are you referring to my post on the "Who still shoots a 22LR" thread? A 25,000 round stockpile works out to a little over 200 rounds a month for ten years. Is that excessive? During normal times, I'd do most of my shooting with centerfire, but during hard times like we're now experiencing, I have to resort more to .22 rimfire than to anything else if I wish to continue in the shooting hobby as I have all my life. I still have stockpiles of centerfire, but am more reluctant to shoot it during times like these than I am when ammo is cheap and plentiful. We don't know how long the current shortage (and price spike) is gong to last, or even if it's permanent. Perhaps it will even get far worse, and stay that way. The future is unknown, so be prepared for the worst.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Some of us actually shoot our guns. You should try it sometime.

I took two new shooters to the range last weekend. We burned through a good bit of .22lr.

Some of us have a good number of kids. They need to shoot to, and guess what, it might be awhile before we can buy .22lr again.

I didn't buy a single round of .22 LR during the Obama shortage, but didn't stop shooting. Bought a good bit once prices dropped back to $15 to 20 a brick. And guess what, I'm not buying any now, but I'm still shooting.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 01/27/21.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Some of us actually shoot our guns. You should try it sometime.

I took two new shooters to the range last weekend. We burned through a good bit of .22lr.

Some of us have a good number of kids. They need to shoot to, and guess what, it might be awhile before we can buy .22lr again.

I didn't buy a single round of .22 LR during the Obama shortage, but didn't stop shooting. Bought a good bit once prices dropped back to $15 to 20 a brick. And guess what, I'm not buying any now, but I'm still shooting.

Exactly.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
PSA is $1 a round on FMJ .223 and you can buy 1 box per day.
Fkin funny

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

You must be a Biden voter and one of those people who still thinks they have the god given right " to buy what they want, when they want for what they want to pay ". Those days are gone and you need to wise up. Last year at this time you could buy a 50 ct box of 115gr fmj 9 x 19 parabellum ammo for $9 or 18.oo/ 100 which would be $180 a thousand. An hr ago I was looking at a loose packed 1000rd case for $749 I'll be genuinely surprised if it's still there tomorrow. 25k 22lr is a good start on a 22lr stash but what will you do the following saturday?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

You must be a Biden voter and one of those people who still thinks they have the god given right " to buy what they want, when they want for what they want to pay ". Those days are gone and you need to wise up. Last year at this time you could buy a 50 ct box of 115gr fmj 9 x 19 parabellum ammo for $9 or 18.oo/ 100 which would be $180 a thousand. An hr ago I was looking at a loose packed 1000rd case for $749 I'll be genuinely surprised if it's still there tomorrow. 25k 22lr is a good start on a 22lr stash but what will you do the following saturday?

LOL. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

If it was 2017-2019, I'd have been buying another 25k..

Lol!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by dale06
Some people did not prepare.

Not necessarily. I have plenty of components and ammo for the rifles I shoot on a consistent basis. But my wife bought me a 308 Win for Christmas and that is a caliber I didn't have so there was no reason for me to have ammo or components. You can't paint with the broad of a brush.

Quit sniveling already. I don’t have a 308 either, but if I did, I would bet you a case of large rifle primers, that I could be shooting one in less than 10 days.

Get off the campfire and start looking.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by MAC

Not necessarily. I have plenty of components and ammo for the rifles I shoot on a consistent basis. But my wife bought me a 308 Win for Christmas and that is a caliber I didn't have so there was no reason for me to have ammo or components. You can't paint with the broad of a brush.

Quit sniveling already. I don’t have a 308 either, but if I did, I would bet you a case of large rifle primers, that I could be shooting one in less than 10 days.

That depends on how much you are willing to pay.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

That don't even make a dent in my stash

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MAC

Not really....I can buy 308 brass and bullets at normal prices right now...I would assume he already has primers and powder..

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by MAC

Not really....I can buy 308 brass and bullets at normal prices right now...I would assume he already has primers and powder..

Locally .308 bullets and for practical purposes, all brass is gone.
last time I visited Cabela's the only brass they had was in 32 Smith and Wesson and 50 AE. That was it.
I see Midway actually has some .308 brass, limit one, but I suspect that will all be gone within an hour of my posting this.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
308 Lapua and Peterson brass has been pretty easily available throughout this mess. .30 cal Bullets are easy, as long as you aren't terribly picky ...and no more expensive then normal. I've ordered ELD, SMK and Nosler CCs all within the last couple of weeks without issue.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ya, we should probably limit the amount one can purchase, and make one have a license to purchase ammo.......That would make it fairer.

How about one just prepares and sees the world beyond the end of their nose.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 1lesfox, 54 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,931
Posts18,498,675
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.