Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Has society fallen so far that people have no concept of how to plan ahead?

In many cases (specifically urban areas), yes.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I feel sorry for those that were not prepared for this shortage. Hopefully this will pass. Hard to believe not to long ago I was receiving emails selling CCI std. velocity ammo for 25.00 a brick. Wish I would have bought more.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by WAM
And just what are you going to do with all that stuff you hoard? Inquiring minds want to know.....

First, its none of your business, all my stuff was legally purchased through retail channels.

But, since you claim to have an inquiring (I think you actually meant enquiring, but whatever) mind, I'll tell you.

I'll keep shooting like I always do and not worry and whine about not having any components readily available. If I'm a bit low on a specific component, I won't use it up. It's called conserving one's resources.

Is it "hoarding" if I have a freezer full of meat and stored canned goods to last my family a month? Or is it being prepared for any unforeseen disruption in the food supply chain, such as what happened last spring?

Has society fallen so far that people have no concept of how to plan ahead?

Yes, yes society has. In my household and my upbringing we had large pantries, canners, gardens, freezers, ect... I don't believe we had a name for putting up food stores. Its just what folks do. Now days the people that go to the grocery store and starbucks every day or two call us "Preppers" or "Hoarders".

Always makes mw think of that song, "I was county before country was cool". LOL

Rick
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's refreshing reading this thread to actually see how many people truly "get it". It's always enlightening to see people pontificating about how a retailer is "screwing me". Really? They have product "x" and tell you what their price is. You can pay it or you can pass. How's that screwing you? That's about as honest as they can be with you.

With the subject matter of this thread, we all need to keep in mind we are talking about a hobby. I'm sure there are a couple here whose food subsistence requirements include taking game regularly. Fortunately, you are the exception rather than the rule. I'm also sure there are a few who are concerned about their stockpile for TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it); but, that's a different discussion.

First world problems are nice to have. Don't get me wrong, I would rather pay less than I do for almost anything; but, I'm glad I am worried about whether or not I will be able to buy large rifle primers next year than whether or not I'll be able to find food or water.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
People are azzholes for hoarding.

People are also azzholes for not hoarding.

That about sums it up.

Executive summary: People are assholes.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Anybody without a bulk tank in their yard full of stabilized gas they rotate through is a short-sighted moron. Anybody that’s not retarded would do that and buy when the cost of gas is low, so they can weather the high gas price years. No sympathy. Fugking idiots get what they deserve.

Should also have at least one 2,000 gallon propane tank if you have anything that runs off it.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Oh and tires. They keep going up too, tied to the price of oil right?

If you don’t have 10 years worth of new tires stored in a cool dry location out of the sun you’re an idiot

MAGA
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Anybody without a bulk tank in their yard full of stabilized gas they rotate through is a short-sighted moron. Anybody that’s not retarded would do that and buy when the cost of gas is low, so they can weather the high gas price years. No sympathy. Fugking idiots get what they deserve.

Should also have at least one 2,000 gallon propane tank if you have anything that runs off it.

Yes, that is exactly the same thing. Carry on.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Fugkin a right it is. It’s a consumable you have the ability to stockpile with forethought.

MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

If you don’t have 10 years worth of new tires stored in a cool dry location out of the sun you’re an idiot

I don't recall any major disruptions in fossil fuel supply over the past 25-30 years.

I recall several disruptions in the guns/ammo/components supply during that time.

Learn from the past, and prepare accordingly.

Or don't learn anything, don't prepare, and whine about it.

Last edited by HoosierHawk; 01/28/21.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

BayouBoy will be along shortly to ask (for a friend of course) if KY Jelly is petroleum based.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The arrogant [bleep] that come on every thread crowing about what they’ve stockpiled for ammo and components mocking and denigrating guys looking for said items can eat a dick.

The things I listed that ought to be stockpiled as well was not hyperbole. It’s just easier to sit back in the saddle of self-righteousness on a horse named Hubris and count your ammo.

MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

BayouBoy will be along shortly to ask (for a friend of course) if KY Jelly is petroleum based.

Isn't it mined in Kentucky?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I don't recall any major disruptions in fossil fuel supply over the past 25-30 years.

I recall several disruptions in the guns/ammo/components supply during that time.

Learn from the past, and prepare accordingly.

Or don't learn anything, don't prepare, and whine about it.

Same as petroleum based products, ammo and components can be had, you just have to pony up the dough for the going rate.

MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The arrogant [bleep] that come on every thread crowing about what they’ve stockpiled for ammo and components mocking and denigrating guys looking for said items can eat a dick.

The things I listed that ought to be stockpiled as well was not hyperbole. It’s just easier to sit back in the saddle of self-righteousness on a horse named Hubris and count your ammo.

No self-righteousness or hubris here. Just pointing out how all this was completely predictable, and easily prepared for. Is it really so hard to pick up a brick of primers once every couple months when you're in a sporting goods store, even if you have no immediate use for them? How about bullets? You need one box, pick up an extra one once every third time you purchase them.

You're angry, I'm not. I'm fine on components, you're apparently not.

It's somewhat amusing, but has become more annoying than anything else.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rt50blaster
Just checked my cart from yesterday. 6.5 nosler bt went from 19.79 to 24.99. 6.5 127 gr barnes was 37.00 now 44. 243 eldx was 41 now 48. I expected better from midway

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The best, or worst, part is when someone finds out you have excess, or something to sell, they expect you to sell it to them at pre-panic prices. They seem to think their knowledge of what stuff used to cost has some bearing on current value.

I posted a couple of 8lb cans of powder on a local buy-sell-trade group right around Christmas....and yes the price was quite high. You would be amazed at the number of folks who got immeasurably angry because I wouldn't sell it to them at the price Midway or Powder Valley has listed, even though they were out of stock. It was quite entertaining.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’m sitting fine myself as well. Matter of fact I’m inventorying what I’ve got this morning.

Don’t jump to conclusions, you look more foolish than when you started.

I can afford to wait it out and hope things come down before I “need” to buy anything. It’s the gloating and condescension that trips my trigger.

Not everyone is set up to reload, or in a position to store massive amounts of components if they do.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m sitting fine myself as well. I can afford to wait it out and hope things come down before I “need” to buy anything. It’s the gloating and condescension that trips my trigger.

Not everyone is set up to reload, or in a position to store massive amounts of components if they do.

Very valid post.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

You go girl.... laugh Rock that spandex while you can.

Wanna' but some cheap ammo or components? laugh If I run across a seller, I'll let you know.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

208 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 36 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,701
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.