Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hubert
Originally Posted by boatanchor
To me the dog turd of the bunch is the 223WSSM, was a bad design from the get-go

do or did you own one.. or are you just following the uninformed crowd..? I bought one when they first came out , and it has been one of the best cartridges I ever owned..in a winchester Mdl 70.. it shoots the fastest bullet of any commercial gun ever made, and is extremely accurate.. don't knock it until you tried it..

It also whitens your teeth, sweetens your breath, and makes you irresistible to lingerie models.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Former173rd
Hello
I have about 100 factory G&H cases for 22-3000 and a box for 50 of them. Any idea of the best venue to get them into a shooter or collector hands?...

PM sent.

PM not sent. Former173rd, your mailbox isn't working. Either PM me or email me at gnoahhhaol.com please, if you wish to dispose of those .22-3000 cases.

Like I said a month ago, I have three hungry rifles to feed with that brass.

Sorry for the intrusion, guys.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 02/11/21.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If a new rifle came out in 30 Newton, I'd likely be in line to buy one.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Cartridges that are Vanishing? Pretty much anything that used to be on a stores shelves..

They have all vanished

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Cartridges that are Vanishing? Pretty much anything that used to be on a stores shelves..

They have all vanished

Nothing in this area to be had.
All shelves are empty

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
To me the dog turd of the bunch is the 223WSSM, was a bad design from the get-go

do or did you own one.. or are you just following the uninformed crowd..? I bought one when they first came out , and it has been one of the best cartridges I ever owned..in a winchester Mdl 70.. it shoots the fastest bullet of any commercial gun ever made, and is extremely accurate.. don't knock it until you tried it..
At what bullet weight and rifling twist would that be?
what makes you think I am going to waste my time Educating you.. If you want to learn something google it..
Absolutely nothing causes me to think that you would spend time on education - and am not seeking learning from you. I simply asked for two common ordinary figures. The question has to do with your interesting claim "it shoots the fastest bullet of any commercial gun ever made" and, with an honest reply from you, your claim could be verified - or not.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

what makes you think I am going to waste my time Educating you.. If you want to learn something google it..
Absolutely nothing causes me to think that you would spend time on education - and am not seeking learning from you. I simply asked for two common ordinary figures. The question has to do with your interesting claim "it shoots the fastest bullet of any commercial gun ever made" and, with an honest reply from you, your claim could be verified - or not.

Then google it...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Then google it...
Either you are too silly to realize that weight specifics about an unknown bullet will not be generally found on "google" (unless you are shooting some current factory load - which you do not admit or identify) and the rifling twist only might be there if you are shooting a Win barrel made to some known specs (which you do not state) - or - you simply do not know the bullet weight and the twist. Serious shooters and reloaders do know these things about their loads and barrels, and they seem to enjoy sharing such info with one another here quite frequently. Seems like the best thing is to assume that you do not know - and one does not need "google" for that. And, in re-reading your "fastest bullet of any commercial gun " comment - it seems best to assume that you are blowing smoke and know even less. Do you care to demonstrate otherwise??

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You have proven what a Dumbss you are. about something that happened 30 years ago..go to bed.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I dont know if its been mentioned but my 338RCM and its smaller sister 300RCM were commercial failures. Have to admit i love the 338RCM and the Ruger compact rifle. Its the perfect hunting rifle for all but the heaviest of game. If it comes to the point where i cant soirce cases any longer ill rechamber to 338WSM and keep the ball a rolling.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have proven what a Dumb@ss you are. about something that happened 30 years ago..go to bed.
Wrong ! What has been proven by this exchange is that, as often usual, the doofus with the weak case and no class will resort to ad hominem jabs. Now, tell us again about how it shoots the fastest bullet of any commercial gun ever made. Vanishing point !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
I dont know if its been mentioned but my 338RCM and its smaller sister 300RCM were commercial failures. Have to admit i love the 338RCM and the Ruger compact rifle. Its the perfect hunting rifle for all but the heaviest of game. If it comes to the point where i cant soirce cases any longer ill rechamber to 338WSM and keep the ball a rolling.
I must agree - the 338RCM in the Ruger compact form is a very nice hunting package for anything we go for over here - even if recoil is a bit stout.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You have proven what a Dumb@ss you are. about something that happened 30 years ago..go to bed.
Wrong ! What has been proven by this exchange is that, as often usual, the doofus with the weak case and no class will resort to ad hominem jabs. Now, tell us again about how it shoots the fastest bullet of any commercial gun ever made. Vanishing point !

All of the Browning and Winchester/USRA rifles chambered for all 3 WSSM cartridges were cataloged with 1-10" ROT barrels.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I load some 150grn. PSPCLs down to 2800fps for my 350 Rem. mag. and it is a hammer on deer here in Mi. Remington could F##k up a free lunch. And now their gone. Maybe they'll come back better.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wal-Mart is completely out of 44 Henry Flat and 44-100 Ballard both.

But the counter girl is very pretty, so I go back and ask every now and then. She always bends over and looks at the boxed on the bottom and 2nd from the bottom shelves for me. The truck just has not brought any in yet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker

I mentioned the 338 RCM was about gone to my gunsmith last year and he stated that he'd rebarreled four rifles so far that year which surprised me. The sambar deer hunters like them over here apparently.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
As long as I have brass and the dies my favorites will never be gone and I'm always on the hunt for brass LOL

T
T
The 243 win is a much more popular cartridge than the 6mm rem because so many people don't realize how inferior it actually is to the 6mm rem.imho the 243 suffers from bad case design , short neck & to body tapper ,now I realise big green messed up the twist right from the get go & that Winchester hit a home run by necking down the 308 especially when you consider brass availably but the 6mm out pefourms the 243 by 100-150 fps with any given bullet ,big green doesn't chamber their 6mm in any rifles any more so it's another fine example of Remington's marketing folley that did so well .hell no wonder they just went under twist , duh !!! Just my 2 cents

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Terryhagan
The 243 win is a much more popular cartridge than the 6mm rem because so many people don't realize how inferior it actually is to the 6mm rem.imho the 243 suffers from bad case design , short neck & to body tapper ,now I realise big green messed up the twist right from the get go & that Winchester hit a home run by necking down the 308 especially when you consider brass availably but the 6mm out pefourms the 243 by 100-150 fps with any given bullet ,big green doesn't chamber their 6mm in any rifles any more so it's another fine example of Remington's marketing folley that did so well .hell no wonder they just went under twist , duh !!! Just my 2 cents

Close your bail and loosen your drag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
All of the Browning and Winchester/USRA rifles chambered for all 3 WSSM cartridges were cataloged with 1-10" ROT barrels.
Thanks for that - will assume that guy would have been using such a barrel/ROT. Looks like that cartridge factory load used a 55 gr. bullet - have not checked, but probably optimum for that load and ROT. When I go up around 69 or 70gr. with the .223 bullet, the ROT seems to become much more critical and the tolerance slimmer. Thanks again.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,087
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.