Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

There is more Natural Gas shut down than wind. Almost 2 to 1 . Texas failed to purchase Blade heaters for the Wind turbines, To much money. Now the blades are frozen

Except those that have had antifreeze dropped on them.

Hey, Dumbfugck50,

"Texas" doesn't own, or construct those.

Dumbass.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Austin "Bread Line" Today

(Twitter feed list of Videos of loong line in the cold waiting to get what groceries might be left.)

https://www.infowars.com/posts/brea...outside-grocery-store-amid-winter-storm/

Quote:

"Update: Still no power. It’s impossible to drive out of our apartment complex so we started walking the 4-mile round trip to HEB — this is the line wrapping behind the building."

There are lines for hundreds of yards!

Anyone checked this out yet?

I don’t doubt it, a 200 yard/30 minute wait to get into our local HEB yesterday afternoon.

Only section of the store I saw empty shelves was the fresh/frozen meats section. No purchase limits on anything I saw but folks was rushing around in emergency mode. I believe the wait was due to a store capacity issue and a desire to avert chaos inside more’n anything else.

A lot of people are gonna be hurting around here, already broke on account of the Covid shutdown, and now hit with frozen pipes. My Ex-MiL’s neighbor, an older lady who lives alone, is getting her water in buckets from my MiL’s house. She’s in a bind at present, that’s for sure.

Sheesh ...... that's a sad picture.
My heart goes out to you all.
Up east, we get a hard cold from - 5-20 for a while +/- each year, but it's always been that way, plus the grid is usually stable except when snowy tree limbs knock down lines. Some of the most dangerous times are when the grid is down at times like these.
. We were never forced to stand in line
That is outrageous that people are forced to wait out in the cold to get into a store. This covid tyranny has gone too far.

I think the standing in line is that particular grocery store. Heb had lined all over town. Heb by me had a Iine probably 75 yards ling, drove 1/2 mile up the road and Walmart had no lines and had everything in stock other than eggs and 1# propane bottles

So this isn't a state or city dictate because of covid?
Ok. I thought it was gt, but its just an HEB policy .

Thanks for the update.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never understood why we don’t use more nuclear power. There was a nuclear reactor assembled on Ft Greely in Alaska in the late 1950’s. A 24” nuclear rod would provide enough power in the reactor for months for the whole installation. When it was decommissioned they switched over to diesel powered boilers. The base used more than 100000 gallons of diesel a month to do the same thing that one rod did for several months. We really aren’t that bright as a society!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Texas went cheap on their grid, they are their own worst enemy... they have total control, regulation, and operation of their power grid. They don't buy or sell power outside their own borders. So they have got what they wanted and paid for. They let their wealthy corporate investors do their thinking for them. They wanted cheap and they got cheap, with no federal input or regulation. Its entirely on them. Wasn't green energy, wasn't the wind farms, or anything else to blame it on. Just Texas 5 gallon brains and 10 gallon hats, and no foresight.

Phil

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
I was waiting for the green energy whores to come out to justify the failure. Amazing that gullible folks believe this paid liar.

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by JeffA

Heather Zichal, CEO of the industry group the American Clean Power Association, said opponents of renewable energy were trying to distract from the failures elsewhere in the system and slow the “transition to a clean energy future.”

“It is disgraceful to see the longtime antagonists of clean power – who attack it whether it is raining, snowing or the sun is shining – engaging in a politically opportunistic charade misleading Americans to promote an agenda that has nothing to do with restoring power to Texas communities,” she said.

What a liberal kuhunt.

Look at her employment record.

She may wanna look in the mirror when talking about "promote an agenda"... LOL.

Worthless liberal trash.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

There is more Natural Gas shut down than wind. Almost 2 to 1 . Texas failed to purchase Blade heaters for the Wind turbines, To much money. Now the blades are frozen

Except those that have had antifreeze dropped on them.

Hey, Dumbfugck50,

"Texas" doesn't own, or construct those.

Dumbass.

Dummy doesn't even know the difference between "to" and "too"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Talked to a friend that works at a Nat gas plant here and he said that the company has another plant but they could not fire it up because they did not buy or have contracts for Nat.gas.

I know that windmills are not the total problem,solar as well BUT there needs to be a solid base in place that one could build on in times of need.

As for the pipe lines not working i call BS.

If it happened we and a lot of other folks would be out of gas.

Those in charge of Ercot need to be carefully looked at and their policies need the same.

I suspect ERCOT didn’tvuy enough natural gas for this crisis, and didn’t want to pay spot prices to keep the grid powered up. Follow the Money. Fuggers at ERCOT need to swing from tall trees.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Texas went cheap on their grid, they are their own worst enemy... they have total control, regulation, and operation of their power grid. They don't buy or sell power outside their own borders. So they have got what they wanted and paid for. They let their wealthy corporate investors do their thinking for them. They wanted cheap and they got cheap, with no federal input or regulation. Its entirely on them. Wasn't green energy, wasn't the wind farms, or anything else to blame it on. Just Texas 5 gallon brains and 10 gallon hats, and no foresight.

Phil

[bleep] you!!! Total bull:schidt!!! What the phuque do you know??? You don’t know schidt. The issue here is too [bleep] many illegals and too [bleep] many California [bleep] moving here. Need to be a phuqing bounty on you liberal scum. Yeah I went to pick up meds at HEB here yesterday. Line around the store. Who the [bleep] is in it??? 90% wetbackmotherfucker with their [bleep] and their spandex wearing toltec fireplug baby factories.

What pisses me off is ignorant phuquers just like you moving here and phuqing our [bleep] up and then telling us what we did wrong. Where we phuqued up was not securing our own borders, North, south, east, and west.

Sick of all your worthless lying know it all liberal schiteatin’ scum.

I got schidt to do. Phuque off all your communist [bleep]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If I were wanting factual news, infowars is the bottom of the barrel.

I'd say they were about 40% accurate on news stories.

I'd give 10%---on a good day.

Tarquin
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Useless wind turbines, kill birds and mess with Christmas...

And they ugly.

DF

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don’t sugarcoat it kaywoodie...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by antlers
Don’t sugarcoat it kaywoodie...!

Don't think he did... wink

cool

DF

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Never understood why we don’t use more nuclear power. There was a nuclear reactor assembled on Ft Greely in Alaska in the late 1950’s. A 24” nuclear rod would provide enough power in the reactor for months for the whole installation. When it was decommissioned they switched over to diesel powered boilers. The base used more than 100000 gallons of diesel a month to do the same thing that one rod did for several months. We really aren’t that bright as a society!

I used to be all for it during the Regan administration.
Now I've changed my mind.
Latest is that those reaktorz from the past beyond 20 years should have been decommissioned. Most are leaking and not being repaired.
Other than solar and hydro, I don't know of any clean energy sources, but the reaktorz aren't nearly as clean as the day they installed them.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 02/17/21.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Just at storage battery technology seems to be a major choke point for "green energy", dealing with spent nuclear material is a big issue in that industry.

If they could develop alternative uses of spent rods, or make something useful out of them, seems that would be a big plus.

Bottom line, we're a long way from walking away from fossel fuel energy, a long way....

To think otherwise is foolish, to move in that direction too fast is reckless...

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 02/17/21.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You sir are a dumbass of the highest order.

I suggest that you need to read up on the system involved before saying anything.

The thing is simple to see the brain trust screwed up when figuring out how much power they needed before they killed those other nat.gas/coal plants.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Just at storage battery technology seems to be a major choke point for "green energy", dealing with spent nuclear material is a big issue in that industry.

If they could develop alternative uses of spent rods, or make something useful out of them, seems that would be a big plus.

Bottom line, we're a long way from walking away from fossel fuel energy, a long way....

To think otherwise is foolish, to move in that direction too fast is reckless...

DF

True.
That might be a weak link in solar too, considering the clouds being #1. AZ & NM sounds reasonable, but I'm not an engineer. I think that the green movement is just one of many ways the big money is able to lead them to make more money. It's easy to convince the school children 8 hours per plus online in the new morality. I'd rather take them to camp with a garbage bag. When we get home, plant a garden and orchard. That's the true green sustainable movement families do.

The rods have been "up cycled" to DU ammo for military use. One reason I would not want anyone close to join Uncle Sam, or want to live in Iraq for the next thousand years. There's a documentary a nurse I used to know made on the subject. She and her husband interviewed Doug Rocky, head of the clean up program. I hope he survived. He was still extremely sick from DU poisoning last I heard.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Phil

[bleep] you!!! Total bull:schidt!!! What the phuque do you know??? You don’t know schidt. The issue here is too [bleep] many illegals and too [bleep] many California [bleep] moving here. Need to be a phuqing bounty on you liberal scum. Yeah I went to pick up meds at HEB here yesterday. Line around the store. Who the [bleep] is in it??? 90% wetbackmotherfucker with their [bleep] and their spandex wearing toltec fireplug baby factories.

What pisses me off is ignorant phuquers just like you moving here and phuqing our [bleep] up and then telling us what we did wrong. Where we phuqued up was not securing our own borders, North, south, east, and west.

Sick of all your worthless lying know it all liberal schiteatin’ scum.

I got schidt to do. Phuque off all your communist [bleep]

Atta boy, Bob!

I doubt it sunk in though. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Saw it explained thusly. Solar and wind are not resilient. Solar is completely useless in times like these. Wind is more resilient but still less so than coal or gas. Over the last decade Texas has heavily subsidized wind and solar while removing three coal fired plants from production. Wind and solar are also every expensive to get going. So, Texas has focused its limited budget on those sources to the detriment of properly winterizing, modernizing, and preparing its coal and gas plants. So, those plants, and particularly the gas plants, have had some problems now as well.

It’s disingenuous to the extreme to say coal and gas have had problems. The main reason they have had problems is because we have removed excess generating capacity, cut our reserve margins to the bone, and failed to maintain our traditional and resilient forms of power generation while chasing solar and wind power.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/17/21.
bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by geedubya

Awesome?

Quien Sabe?

GWB

Same photo on this 2016 PDF from Europe:

https://energiforskmedia.blob.core....turbines-energiforskrapport-2016-300.pdf

Bruce

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Phil

You dumbschidts think Texas owns that crap?

This ain't CA where communism runs rampant, and the state owns everything...

https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/biggest-wind-farms-us/

Roscoe Wind Farm

The 781MW Roscoe Wind Farm is the fourth biggest wind farm in the US. Located 45 miles south-west of Abilene in Texas, the wind farm is owned and operated by E.ON Climate and Renewables (EC&R), a Germany-based company.

Consisting of 627 wind turbines, the wind farm was built in four phases between 2007 and 2009.

While the first two phases saw installation of 325.5MW capacity, a 446MW capacity was installed during the third and fourth phases. The Roscoe Wind Farm began commercial operations in 2009.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1minute, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,436
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.