Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
This is the # 1 Reason I WILL NOT support LGS's PRICE Gouging --A small but efficient local shop was owned by the same owner for 30 + years and he bought his primers,powder off of the same Dist as all others.

For years he sold ALL of his IMR powders @ 25 a lb even dist were that price or a little higher he sold it to another local who kept it at 25 and finally raised it to 30. a pound always had primers @ 3-4 per hundred with a reasonable limit. Unfortunately the 2nd owner just passed away within the last month.
I shoot 5 rimfire calibers and load for more than a dozen center fires

The other shops were and still are Gouging with double sometimes triple retail prices
I like a lot others have went through these shortages and @ 73 I have access to enough ammo (Rimfires ) primers ,powder and bullets to last a 3 lifetimes as when the shortages relaxed I bought MORE that I needed-call me a hoarder DON'T care

Jim

"2Day is the 1st Day of the rest of UR Life"
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yes, you read that right, a 15% loss. I would have broke even but I made a mistake on the 7mm 140gr NBTs. I bought them in 100ct boxes and sold the first 19 boxes for $30ea. Then I was informed by someone that I was selling them too cheap. I raised the price to $50/100 after seeing Midway's price was $57/100.

Please help me wrap my mind around this "substantial profit" you speak of. You're doing just exactly what you and others advise against. You're assuming you know what someone paid. I bought almost all my bulk components during the Obama times and paid a premium for them.

None of this makes any sense.

You want me to believe that you bought all these components for a "premium" during the Obama years, only to sit on them 4-6+ years and then suddenly decide to sell at a 15% loss during the greatest panic buy in the history of the country??

I couldn't care less how much you paid for any of it, or how much you sell it for....its just comically hypocritical that you complain about the prices of others when you are doing the exact same thing. You may get some altruistic/warm fuzzy feeling because you're not charging quite as much, but you are no different than any of them...actually, you're worse.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Jason280
Yes, you read that right, a 15% loss. I would have broke even but I made a mistake on the 7mm 140gr NBTs. I bought them in 100ct boxes and sold the first 19 boxes for $30ea. Then I was informed by someone that I was selling them too cheap. I raised the price to $50/100 after seeing Midway's price was $57/100.

Please help me wrap my mind around this "substantial profit" you speak of. You're doing just exactly what you and others advise against. You're assuming you know what someone paid. I bought almost all my bulk components during the Obama times and paid a premium for them.

You want me to believe that you bought all these components for a "premium" during the Obama years, only to sit on them 4-6+ years and then suddenly decide to sell at a 15% loss during the greatest panic buy in the history of the country??

I couldn't care less how much you paid for any of it, or how much you sell it for....its just comically hypocritical that you complain about the prices of others when you are doing the exact same thing. You may get some altruistic/warm fuzzy feeling because you're not charging quite as much, but you are no different than any of them...actually, you're worse.

He is trying to make up for it by giving stuff away now, he thinks we will forget his past

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by Jason280

He is trying to make up for it by giving stuff away now, he thinks we will forget his past

Pretty sure U nailed it. Going from high to free after he was questioned in his own thread.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Saving my stash for a deployed person

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Dinny
I called LG Outdoors customer service and asked why they were asking so much when other companies were asking $59. They didn't have a reason. I told them I wouldn't shop there anymore.

I would have to check but Sportsmans Warehouse was still selling bricks for $23 about 6 weeks ago, maybe a little more. Price hadnt changed in over a year.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Oakster
I called LG Outdoors customer service and asked why they were asking so much when other companies were asking $59. They didn't have a reason. I told them I wouldn't shop there anymore.

I would have to check but Sportsmans Warehouse was still selling bricks for $23 about 6 weeks ago, maybe a little more. Price hadnt changed in over a year.

Just checked the website... still that price. I hope to get some in the morning. Going to have to stand in line. They had them last weekend but I was snowmobiling.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 44 invisible), 2,111 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,262
Posts18,504,854
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.