Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I don't disagree that I appreciate cordial service. And I too have sworn off businesses that I felt didn't warrant my patronage based on how I was treated.

But I wouldn't come online and mutherfugk a by all accounts reputable holster maker because he was rude to me on the phone.

Now if I went into a restaurant and had a shidty server, or a repair shop with azzhole's at the front desk then yes.

I've not reason to discount the tale as told up front either. Based on the original post, that wouldn't keep me from buying from Simply Rugged, I would simply look at their offerings and if they had something I wanted or needed I'd buy it after asking around for input from other end users.

YMMV

My mileage varies about as much as yours, I'd say, and I think we look at things about the same on this one. The wild card is of course, the source. Not that I have any reason to doubt him, but since I don't know the man, well, anything's possible. As some other recent threads have shown... wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He might have just had something in his life happen and was in no mood to talk, never know you might have just caught him at a really bad time. I'd wait a couple of days and try again.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
rob has that chesty puller rig that fits his holsters. i bought it after i did the holsters with no issue.
he lives in a little town near my home town and has an excellent reputation.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Talked to Rob on Monday in regards to an odd ball S&W J-frame that wasn't listed on his site. Nothing but helpful. Ordered it Tuesday with my phone. Had to call back cause the order would not process right. Talked with a different guy. No issue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can bet your ass I won'r risk buying anything from him. Wait, can he make bicycle mounted holsters?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BLRNut
I have 3 Simply Rugged holsters which are GREAT. Since I am looking for a "chest" holster to carry hunting.

The other guy isn't worth my time to comment on since
I've got no dog in the fight.

Here's another option. Sam Andrews took many, MANY hours to show his customers at numerous times HOW he makes his holsters. I've not bought one, but have seen them and would go with him from what I have.

I make my own holsters for various weapons, and my next will be exotic skin variations.

This is what I have done. You can too.
Go to the channel...Hank Strange channel.
Don't mind the strange mohawk.......... he's strange. He just does the interview. Andrews does all of the work. Maybe it would be a comparison. Check out the different skins. If nothing else, they are interesting.
Then search the channel, key word "shoulder holster".
Tells us what you think.
This will be a start.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 03/06/21.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've had a couple of pleasant conversations with Rob, so my experience was good. But have no idea what another's was as I wasn't there.

A classic case of; YMMV.

Now, if the vote comes in really strong sided, then worth considering.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My dealing with simply rugged have been nothing but pleasant. I had a few questions about my chesty puller rig as well. Everything was answered and they were very polite.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
First I ever heard bad about him is this thread.

Retired cat herder.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Wow, cannot believe I watched the whole video. Holy cow there is a lot of work going into those holsters. Guess the price is worth it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Wow, cannot believe I watched the whole video. Holy cow there is a lot of work going into those holsters. Guess the price is worth it.

Yeah, me too....twice.
I'll watch it again when I decide to mark my hide for the work. It is a lot more work than I ever thought went into them. I really think that it depends on who makes the holsters as well. I think that most leave out several of these steps.

There's a lot more Videos on the channel that are shorter and on specific designs. I think he does custom variations on request.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 03/06/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dogcatcher,

Here's the one on exotic holsters.
You might find it interesting too.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have bought several holsters from Simply Rugged and have been nothing but pleased. They have gone out of their way to help when I've needed something quick for a gift, or I found a box of 4 holsters that I had never opened when I moved to Idaho. When I ran across the box, I contacted them and they helped me figure out what each one was for. (quite a bit of time had past) This is the first time I've even heard of a complaint about Rob's products. Simply Rugged is invariably one of the suggestions when someone is looking for a holster. Let it go. Either buy from him again or not. I don't care, but it doesn't justify whining from the OP, over a quick phone call that may have been misunderstood by either or both parties.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Simply rugged sounds like some offshore junk.

Something that Harbor Freight would sell.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Obviously you've never dealt with them. They originally started in Alaska and did so well they moved to Arizona so they could get stuff out quicker. Nothing off shore about them.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
He made two OWB holsters for me for a S&W Shield and Glock 43, both with a TLR-6. Never hesitated to take the order and I had them in under 10 days. I didn’t bbullshitt with him and he didn’t with me. His time is money and so is mine.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Obviously you've never dealt with them. They originally started in Alaska and did so well they moved to Arizona so they could get stuff out quicker. Nothing off shore about them.

From the op.........

Dont care.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Doesn't sound like the Rob Leahy I've talked to on the phone, but who knows what he's got going on. Hell, maybe he got some bad news, dunno...

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I started dealing with Rob when he was still in Alaska & he's always been great. I've bought many holsters from him & met him many times in Arizona, he's a nice guy & a great holster maker & always willing to answer any questions I might have. Sorry if someone else had a problem, guess we all can have a bad day, that sure doesn't sound like the Rob Leahy that I've known for many years now & consider a great friend.

Dick

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I’ve known Rob Leahy for over 20 years. He’s a fine man and I’m honored to call him friend.
What the OP relates doesn’t match with the man I know.
He has provided holster and kit for many service members going to the sandbox, gratis.
I do know he’s a very busy person and doesn’t have much time for chit chat during the day.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 160user, 2500HD, 257 mag, 51 invisible), 2,168 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,392
Posts18,506,867
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.